monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:29 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Provide evidence of this assertion or you are a liar.

Blatham's post that said he was no longer going to post on the thread. He lied.
Oralloy can find the post for you. It has been posted a few times here already.
blatham

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:41 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The Nazi salute was officially ordered by the party in 1926 and called Deutscher Gruß ("German Greeting")

Oh. I always thought it was just practice for indicating the direction the Jews had gone - "That way. Into the mountains!"
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:45 am
@hightor,
Quote:
@oralloy,
Quote:
Which one of us is always quoting other people and yelling "Look everyone! I think what that person thinks!" in a desperate attempt to pretend to be an intellectual?

Let me just say that I think exactly what oralloy thinks here. It is for this reason I quote him. The desperation is manifest.
blatham

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 11:54 am
The coming shitstorm in the south
Quote:
These two coronavirus maps provide a terrifying glimpse of what’s coming

The shocking news that the U.S. economy lost more than 700,000 jobs in March should focus our minds on the possibility of a catastrophic confluence of factors — one that is neatly captured in two maps.

What’s coming is a kind of perfect storm, according to experts I spoke with: Soaring unemployment risks pushing huge numbers of people into the ranks of the uninsured. Many of those people will probably seek Medicaid coverage, further straining state budgets.

Add into that combustible mix a coming wave of coronavirus cases, and you have what health economist Austin Frakt described to me as a “looming catastrophe.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1245766634272444423/bwG7g72d?format=jpg&name=600x314
taken from cellphone data

The next shows the status of Medicaid expansion

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUr5JkaXsAsq46K?format=jpg&name=900x900

“It’s a perfect storm,” Judy Solomon, a senior fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, told me. “Those are the areas where the next spikes will likely occur, like what we’re seeing in New York.”

But, Solomon continued, in New York, people have much more access to health coverage than people in these parts of the South. “This will multiply the harms we’ve already seen in those states,” Solomon said.

“What it means is a lot more hardship, health problems and death,” Frakt, the health economist, told me. Frakt noted that the virus is now likely to spread in those regions, which will dovetail in a terrible way with the failure to expand Medicaid.
Sargent WP

0 Replies

hightor

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 12:01 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Blatham's post that said he was no longer going to post on the thread.

No. As I explained to you previously, he said that he bequeathed the thread to the rest of us. Continued posts no more make him a liar than they do the chump who penned this:
a poseur wrote:

I am just posting this for the record. I don't plan to get involved here any further.
coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 12:07 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Continued posts no more make him a liar

Your right, his posts just reinforce the fact he is a liar.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 12:20 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
coldjoint (Post 6983277)
Quote:
Blatham's post that said he was no longer going to post on the thread.

As with Jesus in the last supper, I was celebrating Passover and presenting myself as the sacrificial lamb.

Yet again like Jesus, I was reborn.

Pray with me now, coldfall.
coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 12:21 pm
Quote:
Greta Van Susteren confronts MSNBC anchor over MyPillow guy: ‘What is wrong with you?’

Quote:
Why do you mock ANYONE who would help in any way? What is wrong w/ you? People need help and we should encourage everyone to help in any way. https://t.co/rGltqBjs9d

— Greta Van Susteren (@greta) March 30, 2020

That was a response to another reporter. But it could, and does, apply to people here who think hating someone will help anything get better.
https://www.lifezette.com/2020/04/greta-van-susteren-confronts-msnbc-anchor-over-mypillow-guy-what-is-wrong-with-you/?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation&spot_im_redirect_source=pitc&spot_im_comment_id=sp_LBIJSCSJ_1082366_c_yweCji&spot_im_highlight_immediate=true
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 12:26 pm
From the Annals of Right Wing Solutions

Masks. No.
Social distancing. No.
Get some more guns. You betcha.

Quote:
The New York Times
@nytimes
2h
Americans bought about 2 million guns in March, according to a New York Times analysis of federal data. It was the 2nd-busiest month ever for gun sales. https://nyti.ms/2Rb3mSl

As Robert Gentel noted in a tweet, the only point where gun sales were higher was when Obama was elected.

That was, of course, the period now know as the Black Death.

coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 12:27 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Yet again like Jesus, I was reborn.

More disrespect from a person known for it and other hate filled suggestions like wishing death on those who hold public offices you do not agree with. You can speak directly to me but you know you will not come out it with one shred of credibility. Your importance and opinions are severely over-rated. Plus they are never your own.

Jesus manned up in the end. You do not have a chance of doing that, do you?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 12:34 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Get some more guns. You betcha.

Exercise your rights, you bet.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 12:40 pm
Can Canadians be stupid? This photo taken March 20 is of English Bay in Vancouver, two blocks from where my daughter and I lived for twenty years.

https://i.cbc.ca/1.5507014.1585878956!/cumulusImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/covid-19-social-distancing.jpg
blatham

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 12:48 pm
Quote:
Strategic National Stockpile description altered online after Kushner's remarks

The government website for the emergency repository appears to have been updated this morning.

The official government webpage for the Strategic National Stockpile was altered Friday to seemingly reflect a controversial description of the emergency repository that White House adviser Jared Kushner offered at a news conference Thursday evening.

According to a brief online summary on the Department of Health and Human Services website, the stockpile's role "is to supplement state and local supplies during public health emergencies. Many states have products stockpiled, as well."

But just hours earlier, the text characterized the stockpile as the "nation's largest supply of life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies for use in a public health emergency severe enough to cause local supplies to run out."

The previous language stated that when "state, local, tribal, and territorial responders request federal assistance to support their response efforts, the stockpile ensures that the right medicines and supplies get to those who need them most during an emergency."

Also stripped from the new summary is a sentence that affirmed the stockpile "contains enough supplies to respond to multiple large-scale emergencies simultaneously."

The revisions come after Kushner argued at the White House coronavirus task force press briefing Thursday that the stockpile's reserves are the property of the federal government.
Politico

This is what you spend your time doing when your primary concern during a pandemic is propaganda driven by the need to escape responsibility for broad and deadly failures.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 01:03 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
This is what you spend your time doing when your primary concern during a pandemic is propaganda.

I'm really sorry to correct you, blatham, but all this is not propaganda but the result of an expert's expertise.

Look for instance at what Kushner reportedly said yesterday: "I’m doing my own projections, and I’ve gotten a lot smarter about this. New York doesn’t need all the ventilators."
Sturgis

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 01:05 pm
@blatham,
As you know, Trump already covered himself... "I take no responsibility".

Yes said it so well, I began to wondering and then concluded he has used the phrase thousands of times.
Sturgis

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 01:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Kushner...
I've gotten a lot smarter.

As dim as he is, that doesn't mean too much.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 01:27 pm
@Sturgis,
Someone even better said that Putting Jared Kushner In Charge Is Utter Madness
blatham

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 01:32 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I apologize. I should NOT have been so shallow and vindictive given that the man has brought peace to the Middle East.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 01:42 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
I began to wondering and then concluded he has used the phrase thousands of times.
Oh yes. As in the Trump U settlement where he had to pay $25 million but admitted to no responsibility or guilt.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 3 Apr, 2020 03:13 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Someone even better said that

An opinion piece from the NYT means **** and shoved in it. Anything, anyone associated with Trump you will not hear anything positive from these agenda driven partisans.
0 Replies