monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 09:41 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
Is the implication here that in the absence of preventive regulation, the forces of evil will try to combine air pollution and COVID19 to achieve a sort-of air-borne 'ghettocidal' weapon system against the poor and people of color who live near them?

No.
izzythepush

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 09:44 am
@hightor,
I don’t miss putting them on ignore. The implication is bloody obvious, Trump puts the profits of big business above the health of the nation.
0 Replies

livinglava

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 09:54 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Is the implication here that in the absence of preventive regulation, the forces of evil will try to combine air pollution and COVID19 to achieve a sort-of air-borne 'ghettocidal' weapon system against the poor and people of color who live near them?

No.

Read it and tell me the implications then, please.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 10:21 am
@revelette3,
Americans seem to have a very short attention span, its as if we are ADD on steroids. The press has to jump from one crisis to another and they never challenge our leaders about their schizophrenic vacillation as it suits them.

For instance, why was Donald Trump ok with shutting down the Govt. for 34 days (Dec 22, 2018 - Jan 25, 2019) tossing people out of work and crippling all the small businesses that depend on providing services to Fed. workers. But now, with a virus ripping thru the country, with no end in sight and God knows what the consequences will be..........he's anxious for healthy people to take another chance of getting sick and spreading the virus by sending everyone back to work.

I think he is just freaking bored out of his mind, and wants to wash his hands of the situation. Poor thing has been stuck in the White House unable to fly out for his big "LOOK AT ME" rallies to entertain all the rubes who actually believe Trump is on their side. This country has been entertaining and indulging the worst instincts of a maladjusted attention seeking fabulist who can never be satisfied. He will never believe he has enough..enough money, enough power, enough Big Mac's, enough women, enough adulation...We are actually allowing this pampered, ill-tempered, obnoxious jerk of a male to behave like
Caligula........

Or was it ok because he was punishing the Deep State, that seems to be the calling cry for the moronic ....outrageous lack of responsibility by Trump and his toadies.
coldjoint

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 10:46 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Caligula........

Cut his baby out of his own sister. He made a horse a Senator. Let us know when any politician does that. Your hate for Trump is irrational.
izzythepush

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 10:53 am
@glitterbag,
Caligula was better, he used to take his rages out on rich aristocrats, the ordinary people weren’t treated so badly.

Trump fucks over the workers while helping the ultra rich.
coldjoint

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:03 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Caligula was better, he used to take his rages out on rich aristocrats, the ordinary people weren’t treated so badly.

You think Caligula would have stopped children being raped by foreign men? He has your government beat, hands down.
0 Replies

livinglava

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:11 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Caligula........
He made a horse a Senator.[/color]

That was funny, thanks. I checked Wikipedia, though, and it says:
Quote:
Ancient sources are clear that the horse was never made a consul.[6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitatus

Sorry to nitpick. Please continue.
coldjoint

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:27 am
@livinglava,
Quote:

My source was "I Claudius" on Masterpiece Theater.
glitterbag

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:27 am
@coldjoint,
Oh yeah??? Who cares what you think?
glitterbag

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:28 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

So, not much of an historian, eh bunky?
livinglava

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:29 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Ok, mine was Wikipedia. I don't know which is right but I just wanted to post the info I got since I had it to post.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:29 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:

I do, for one. Who cares what you think? Got any names?
0 Replies

livinglava

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:32 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

So, not much of an historian, eh bunky?

Not much good at resisting the impulse to pounce on irrelevant mistakes to ridicule people, eh (insert condescending epithet here)?
oralloy

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:34 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

<looks up... raises hand...>

I care what he thinks.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:36 am
@livinglava,
Oh!!!! Gasp!!! that stings.....good for you, Wikipedia, the be all and end all of history.
coldjoint

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:37 am
@livinglava,
Quote:

Not much good at resisting the impulse to pounce on irrelevant mistakes to ridicule people,

It is not an impulse, it is what she does. Then adds 0 to the conversation.

0 Replies

livinglava

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:39 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Oh!!!! Gasp!!! that stings.....good for you, Wikipedia, the be all and end all of history.

If you have a better one, please post because I am deeply interested in the truth about Incitatus's political career now.

Do you think Wiki is involved in a conspiracy to subvert the truth about Incitatus?
glitterbag

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 11:57 am
@livinglava,
Do I have a BETTER SOURCE???????? Are you nuts???? You are using the equivalent of Cliff notes to further your understanding of complex issues. Any sane person would not think I was disparaging Wikipedia or claiming it was involved in disinformation. But that doesn't fit your narrative does it? Wikipedia is a start, ire you are truly interested in Roman History, try books, you remember, books written by scholars and historians. Read more than one author, different experts bring additional points of view to the topic.

I don't care if you think I was a 'meanie' to coldjoint, when has that person ever offered anything positive to the forum, I don't even want to imagine what toxic mix of swill he swims in....these responses and lazy thinking are the reason I have you on ignore...when I do bother to look, I alway regret it.....

coldjoint

Fri 27 Mar, 2020 12:03 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I don't care if you think I was a 'meanie' to coldjoint, when has that person ever offered anything positive to the forum[

When have you? What was your positive contribution? This should be special.
0 Replies