monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Fri 14 Feb, 2020 04:21 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
head up White House Personnel.

Where does it saying "hiring" WH personnel?
Sturgis

Fri 14 Feb, 2020 04:31 pm
@coldjoint,
If he is in charge of the department, clearly he will also have hiring power.
coldjoint

Fri 14 Feb, 2020 04:32 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
If he is in charge of the department, clearly he will also have hiring power.

That does not mean he will be doing it. More assumptions and speculation. In other words, you cannot prove it.
0 Replies

Brand X

Fri 14 Feb, 2020 04:53 pm
'Former Ohio State University wrestler Adam DiSabato, whose brother leveled a sexual abuse allegation against a school doctor in 2018, spoke to CNN's Alisyn Camerota claiming Republican lawmaker and former OSU assistant wrestling coach Jim Jordan told him and his brother to keep quiet.'

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/02/14/adam-disabato-former-ohio-state-wrestler-jim-jordan-doctor-sexual-abuse-allegations-intv-newday-vpx.cnn
coldjoint

Fri 14 Feb, 2020 04:56 pm
@Brand X,
Quote:
Jim Jordan

Scares the Hell out of Democrats, and the uniparty establishment.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Fri 14 Feb, 2020 05:13 pm
Now that President Donald Trump has been acquitted from impeachment, will those who say that they will vote for Trump this November check if he is hiding anything?
Sturgis

Fri 14 Feb, 2020 05:14 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Of course not.
They adore him at all times.
oralloy

Fri 14 Feb, 2020 05:19 pm
@peacecrusader888,
I won't.

I don't even understand the question. What would I check? But the answer is no regardless.

Progressives are still out to violate everyone's civil liberties, and for no reason other than their own sadistic pleasure at violating our civil liberties.

It's important that we keep Mr. Trump in the White House so that he can continue to protect America from the progressive menace.
coldjoint

Fri 14 Feb, 2020 05:23 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
They adore him at all times.

Americans are only returning the favor. The results of his economic policy and trade deals shows he adores us. He has made our lives better. That means every citizen and every color and every sexual orientation.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 14 Feb, 2020 11:58 pm
@oralloy,
blahblahblah. your premises are wrong and have always been delusional and conrinue to be so.
oralloy

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 12:13 am
@MontereyJack,
If the motivation for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles is anything other than the sadistic pleasure that progressives get from violating people's civil liberties, then what is the real motivation?
izzythepush

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 06:00 am
Quote:
A new video has emerged on social media of a car being driven on the wrong side of the road outside the RAF base near where 19-year-old Harry Dunn died.

Mr Dunn was killed after a crash by RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire which led to suspect Anne Sacoolas leaving the UK under diplomatic immunity.

The footage appears to have been recorded on Thursday. Another car was recorded being driven on the wrong side of the road near the base last month.

Police said they would investigate.

Dunn family spokesman Radd Seiger said the emergence of the latest video near RAF Croughton was "shocking but not a surprise".

The crash that killed Mr Dunn happened on 27 August outside the RAF base where Mrs Sacoolas's husband Jonathan worked as a US intelligence officer.

Mrs Sacoolas, 42, is to be charged with causing death by dangerous driving.

In January, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo rejected the UK's request for her extradition.

Northamptonshire Police Chief Constable Nick Adderley met the US air base's commander on Thursday to discuss safety.

He said his meeting with Colonel Bridget McNamara was "encouraging".

A joint statement released by the police and the colonel said Ms McNamara "provided a detailed brief of all the proactive measures that the base continues to do to help those living on the base adjust to UK driving standards".

"It was clear from the meeting that the base already had a significant number of measures in place in ensuring driver safety," Mr Adderley said.

"The base and the force have continued to work together."

"Additional provisions" are to be introduced and both parties "are doing all that they can to prevent any future harm on the roads in and around the site", he said.

Colonel McNamara said Northamptonshire Police had been a "steadfast partner of our base" and she looked forward to its continued relationships.

Mr Seiger said the family was "shocked" at the news of the meeting, and said Mr Dunn's family "should have been there".

He said Northamptonshire Police and the US Air Force "fail to acknowledge that there is a problem".

"As evidenced by further video today, a further tragedy is inevitable," he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-51510531
hightor

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 06:52 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
If the motivation for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles is anything other than the sadistic pleasure that progressives get from violating people's civil liberties...

I've never seen any evidence suggesting that anyone was promoting gun control for reasons of personal pleasure, sadistic or otherwise, despite your incessant repetition of this specious claim.
Quote:
...then what is the real motivation?

Common sense would infer that it is an attempt to discourage inaccurate firing of multiple rounds from the hip, a legitimate safety concern. Whether it is effective in this regard may be challenged, but to suggest that the motivation is the pursuit of pleasure is not indicated by the facts we have at our disposal. The baseless claim looks like a mere rhetorical flourish, an attempt to trivialize the whole notion of gun control.
coldjoint

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 09:06 am
Been waiting for this video explaining a "New Way Forward" bill. Listen to this.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 11:05 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
A new video has emerged on social media of a car being driven on the wrong side of the road outside the RAF base near where 19-year-old Harry Dunn died.

We really need to crack down on our diplomats and not allow them to drive in other countries unless they are competent to do so.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 11:12 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
I've never seen any evidence suggesting that anyone was promoting gun control for reasons of personal pleasure, sadistic or otherwise,

Sure you have. The fact that no one can provide any alternative motivation is evidence that I have correctly stated the only actual motivation.

hightor wrote:
despite your incessant repetition of this specious claim.

Hardly specious. My claim is backed up by the fact that no one can provide any alternative motivation for outlawing pistol grips.

hightor wrote:
Common sense would infer that it is an attempt to discourage inaccurate firing of multiple rounds from the hip,

No it wouldn't. There is no plausible reason why anyone would be concerned about that. It's just silly nonsense that was cobbled together to distract from the reality that there is no actual reason for outlawing pistol grips.

hightor wrote:
a legitimate safety concern.

That is incorrect. That is not a safety concern of any sort, and certainly not a legitimate one.

hightor wrote:
Whether it is effective in this regard may be challenged, but to suggest that the motivation is the pursuit of pleasure is not indicated by the facts we have at our disposal.

That is incorrect. The fact that no one can provide any alternative motivation is evidence that I have correctly stated the only real motivation.

hightor wrote:
The baseless claim

Hardly baseless. The fact that no one can provide any alternative motivation is evidence that my claim is true.

hightor wrote:
looks like a mere rhetorical flourish, an attempt to trivialize the whole notion of gun control.

Gun control trivializes itself when it devotes all of its energy to trying to outlaw pistol grips.

When I point out the fact that The Emperor Has No Clothes, that doesn't mean that I'm the person who took his clothes away.
hightor

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 12:17 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
My claim is backed up by the fact that no one can provide any alternative motivation for outlawing pistol grips.

I provided a reasonable alternate motivation. There could be many, many other reasons but safety concerns seem the most likely. On the other hand, doing it "for fun" seems very unlikely and I've never heard this from any source other than you.
Quote:
Gun control trivializes itself when it devotes all of its energy to trying to outlaw pistol grips.

Since gun control manifestly does not devote "all its energy" to this effort your response is merely another instance of your penchant for posting self-aggrandizing drivel.

Good-bye.
Glennn

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 12:33 pm
@hightor,
Your beef is with magazine-size. If that were not the case, then your beef is with the pistol-grip or the flash suppressor or the barrel-shroud, or some other such silliness. Either way, make your case, and I'll show you in no uncertain terms how well it will hold up.
oralloy

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 12:49 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
I provided a reasonable alternate motivation.

No you didn't. Your supposed alternative motivation was fact-free nonsense.

hightor wrote:
There could be many, many other reasons

The fact that no one can provide any of these other motivations is evidence that no alternative motivations exist.

hightor wrote:
but safety concerns seem the most likely.

No they don't. Having a pistol grip on a rifle is not a safety concern in any way whatsoever.

hightor wrote:
On the other hand, doing it "for fun" seems very unlikely and I've never heard this from any source other than you.

The fact that no one can provide any alternative motivation is evidence that the only actual motivation is the fact that progressives enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

hightor wrote:
Since gun control manifestly does not devote "all its energy" to this effort

That is incorrect. The gun control movement routinely fights to the death on their need to violate people's civil liberties for fun. And in doing so, they often undermine all other gun control efforts.

One obvious example was the 2013 gun control debacle, where Mr. Obama wasted the entire first hundred days of his second term fighting over pistol grips, and by the time he had lost that fight, he had also lost on all his other gun control proposals as well.

Time after time after time, whenever the gun control movement is challenged on pistol grips, they stop thinking about other gun control measures and devote all their energy to their desperate need to violate people's civil liberties for no reason.

It's actually quite a convenient way of defeating gun control. Quite often gun control advocates simply defeat themselves with no need for heavy lifting from the gun rights movement.

What's really funny is, I can actually point this out to gun control people (as I am doing right now in fact), and even when they understand that I am correct, like good little lemmings they will still just keep on marching over the cliff.

In other situations I might have actually felt bad about their plight, but considering that gun control advocates are such horrible people (they actually enjoy violating people's civil liberties for no reason) it is actually pretty neat that they have an irresistible compulsion to undermine themselves this way.

hightor wrote:
your response is merely another instance of your penchant for posting self-aggrandizing drivel.

Pointing out leftist bad behavior is neither self-aggrandizing nor drivel.

hightor wrote:
Good-bye.

Bye. I'll be here ready to provide facts again when you decide to return.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 15 Feb, 2020 01:02 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Your beef is with magazine-size.

I don't have a "beef" in this particular case. As I explained to the other character, gun control advocates are concerned with safety — the desire to minimize injuries and death and to keep firearms out of the hands of people who use them irresponsibly. All their proposals can be debated as to their effectiveness but none of them indicate a desire to deny anyone's rights for their own pleasure.

Good-bye.