monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 08:04 am
Earlier, I noted Conway's insistence that the office of the President merited great respect (regardless of some bozo living there). Perhaps a reason that the level of fealty and subservience she and Trump are demanding as their due is not happening because of stuff like this:
Quote:
Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!

That's really respectful of office, isn't it.

ps... someone just pointed out on twitter that this judge was appointed by Bush Sr and was confirmed in the Senate on a vote of 99-0
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 08:10 am
Another tweet from Der DumplingForABrain Fuhrer
Quote:
Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Interesting that certain Middle-Eastern countries agree with the ban. They know if certain people are allowed in it's death & destruction!

0 Replies

layman

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 08:17 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

The key word there is "out".

That's right!!

Quote:
“Sessions is about to run one of the largest court systems in the United States, with no congressional oversight.”

The immigration courts do not determine who is allowed into the country, only who is kicked out. The Executive Office of Immigration Review includes a network of 58 immigration courts, where judges hear the cases of immigrants the government is trying to deport and make a determination about whether they should be allowed to stay.

Over his two decades in the senate, Sessions has consistently distinguished himself as an immigration hard-liner beyond any other in Congress.

There are several ways the Department of Justice can decide the fate of millions of immigrants. Chief among them is the system of immigration courts. These tribunals function in many ways like normal courts, with judges hearing arguments from two sides of opposing counsel. But they are not a part of the judicial system — they are part of the Executive Office of Immigration Review, which lies within the Department of Justice.

The attorney general has near-total control over the functioning of the immigration courts, and can repurpose them toward the goal of deporting more people more easily and quickly. "There’s a lot of unscrutinized power that the attorney general has in making these decisions.”

Adios, Abdul.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 08:24 am
Well for now a baby is allowed to have a life saving operation.

Iranian baby will be allowed into US for life-saving surgery

I totally dislike this administration and all it's people and all it stands for, I am ashamed of them and I am glad there are still those willing to stand up to the bullies.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 08:27 am
We keep hearing about these cases where illegal immigrants are being deported for the 15th time.

Not with Trump. He has quietly given orders to the border patrol to shoot to kill anyone seen trying to cross the Rio Grande. They won't be back no more.
blatham

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 08:51 am
What can we establish from this photograph of Gorka and Hannity?

https://res.cloudinary.com/tpm/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_face,w_482,h_267/dmb5bvysdnfjhcth3vly.jpg

1) obviously, Gorka is a Russian spy. Just look at that face.
2) a single bite and Hannity's petite head is gone (thus the expression on his face)
3) they have possibly just had sex in that confession booth behind (thus further explaining the two disparate facial expressions). I'm not saying they did.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 09:59 am
@layman,
you really are a troll.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 10:00 am
@Frugal1,
False on both counts.
Frugal1

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 10:31 am
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
farmerman

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 10:33 am
@MontereyJack,
This AM I was at an antiques fair in Coastal Maryland. The big topic of conversation had the key phrae
"I think weve made a deal with the devil" when vendors would speaak with customers.

Most antique dealers arent in the business full time. They are usually retirees who do this for entertainment or to supplement thir incomes. Most have wisely survived with thir investments during the 2009 through the present. When they heard that Der umpster was going to eviscerate Dodd-Frand, they mostly greeted that with horror.
"I thought he was for the little guy"? Now here he is in bed with Wall Street. Isnt that the same thing he accused Hillary"??

WEVE MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL--Many of those who voted for Trump are now second thinking.
MontereyJack

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 10:37 am
@Frugal1,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 10:38 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0nYjanWgAAKRSx.jpg:large
MontereyJack

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 10:52 am
@Frugal1,
DONALD J. TRUMP, 45TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, 2017-2017
MIKE PENCE, 46TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, 2017-2017
MITCH MC CONNELL, 47TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, 2018-2020
ELIZABETH WARREN, 48TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, 2021-2029
0 Replies

Frugal1

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 11:01 am

I'm starting to catch on to this phenomenon:
liberals think everyone hates Trump because liberals only talk to each other....

MontereyJack

Sat 4 Feb, 2017 11:11 am
@Frugal1,
No. We look at the rest of the country and notice that Trump is consistently underwater and sinking further everyday with everything he does that the majority (and the world) hate. It's the Trumpists that are living in the bubble.
0 Replies