monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Builder

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 06:50 pm
Looks like a win for the US admin.

Quote:
The slowing Chinese economy may force Beijing to make a trade-war deal it doesn't want.

“I suspect the increasingly pronounced slowdown in China’s economy, coupled with recent employment data pointing to continued strength in the U.S. economy, are putting heavy pressure on China to settle sooner rather than later,” Richard Koo, chief economist at the Tokyo-based Nomura Research Institute, wrote in a note to clients.

China, the world’s second-largest economy, grew at a 6 percent rate in the third quarter, its slowest since recordkeeping began in 1993. Growth is expected to slow to 5.8 percent in 2020 as the trade war and growing debt levels curb it, the International Monetary Fund said in its October 2019 World Economic Outlook.

Chinese equity markets have been under pressure as well. The Shanghai Composite has fallen 11.1 percent since the U.S. first announced tariffs affecting Chinese goods on March 1, 2018. By comparison, the S&P 500 has gained 14.9 percent.

source
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 07:03 pm
Quote:
“Christmas ornaments, drywall, and Jeffrey Epstein – name three things that don’t hang themselves,” Senator John Kennedy (R-Louisiana) declared during a Judiciary Committee hearing on Tuesday, clarifying that he wasn’t the only one who saw a resemblance between the objects and the supposedly suicidal pedophile: “That’s what the American people think!”

Gotta love the way social media is being used to pressure the investigation into his untimely death.
0 Replies

BillW

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 07:43 pm
Another devastating day for theRump with the best yet to come. What a total jerk!
coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 07:47 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Another devastating day for theRump with the best yet to come. What a total nerk!

Oh yes, Democrats now have someones "presumption", and hearsay.
MontereyJack

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 08:39 pm
@coldjoint,
direct observation. remove your blinders.
coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 08:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
direct observation.

And what makes his observation credible evidence? Why are they ( his observations) better than the presidents actual words? Is there a special look for a quid pro quo, a special handshake? Fail.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 08:56 pm
Thinking about the impeachment hearings, I think this presents a rather important test of the American TV viewing, politically engaged public.

On one side, we have information.
On the other side, there's a circus.

It's unclear which of these the viewing public will prefer.
coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 09:03 pm
@blatham,
Quote:

You also have hearsay and presumptions that are the source of your information. So...............nothing.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 09:13 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Thinking about the impeachment hearings, I think this presents a rather important test of the American TV viewing, politically engaged public.

On the other side, there's a circus.

It's unclear which of these the viewing public will prefer.

The Dems will eventually realize Schiff is a ringmaster of their circus. Maybe after Trump wins again.
0 Replies

BillW

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 09:28 pm
tRump is guilty - why, because he confessed and the impeachment investigation is proving this confession.
coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 09:36 pm
@BillW,
Confessed to what? This has got to be good.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 09:50 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

tRump is guilty

For you and your ilk, that is enough. Nothing will ever change your mind.
coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 10:06 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
For you and your ilk, that is enough. Nothing will ever change your mind.

If it is not hate for Trump then it is hate for this country, or both. We know it is hate, does it matter which one it is?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 10:29 pm
Breaking news!! A reasonable presumption is now enough to impeach a president. Swalwell( gasbag) just said so. Does he think he is Adam Schiff? How can anyone take this **** seriously?
neptuneblue

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 10:32 pm
@coldjoint,
A more apt question would be... How could you not?

coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 10:34 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
A more apt question would be... How could you not?

No it isn't. A child can see through this.
neptuneblue

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 10:39 pm
@coldjoint,
An American President is accused of very serious crimes. And all you have done is down played the seriousness of it. No, CJ, I would not task a child to do a grown up's decision. But, according to you, that's ok.

Maybe you're the one who needs to be the grown up here.
coldjoint

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 10:50 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
An American President is accused of very serious crimes.

Of which they have no evidence to prove those accusations. You are out of chances. Don't give me crap about the country. If Democrats cared one bit for this country they would have accepted Trump's election.

This is desperation and you are running out of excuses to continue.
neptuneblue

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 10:58 pm
@coldjoint,
That's the issue for you, isn't it, that Democrats haven't accepted Trump's election. That's a farce, and you know it. We all accept Trump got elected. The issue is, he broke certain laws and is being impeached for those reasons.

You're the one making excuses. It is not legal to bribe and extort foreign officials and governments for political gain.

End of story.
BillW

Wed 20 Nov, 2019 10:59 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

I hope it hurts a bunch! Sorry, at this point I go for honesty over false bs for this total ahole jerk. I hope they had to pull a hedgehog out of his butt!

Oops, I made a mistake. I just found out it was Devon Nunnes' head they had to extricate from tRump ass during last Saturdays emergency medical visit. I guess Jordan will be next Saturday? Twisted Evil

The Rebub Intelligence Committee members are going all in! (pun intended)
0 Replies