monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 06:44 pm
Quote:
Graham Threatens To Become Trump’s ‘Worst Nightmare’ In Escalating Feud

Sen. Lindsey Graham’s (R-SC) stalwart loyalty to President Donald Trump is starting to see more cracks as Trump doubles down on his decision to pull U.S. troops out of Syria.

Graham, who’s been railing against the decision for more than a week, appeared on the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) on Wednesday morning to blast the consequences of the U.S. leaving the Kurds to deal with Turkey and ISIS detainees in Syria on their own.

“I am looking to President Trump to change this,” the Republican senator told CBN host Pat Robertson. “I will do anything I can to help him, but I will also become President Trump’s worst nightmare.”
TPM

I'll believe it when I see it. But it might be the case that the neoconservative crowd (particularly those Never Trumpers who morphed into Trump ass-kissers) see a possible opening on this issue to make the pretending case that they are principled and therefore standard bearers of real conservatism.
BillW

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 08:13 pm
@blatham,
The plot thickens yet again. Giuliani is being investigated now by the SDNY for foreign intelligence corruption.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/politics/giuliani-counterintelligence-probe/index.html
Real Music

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 08:13 pm
Newly released Trump tax documents show major inconsistencies.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/newly-released-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies/ar-AAIRhGi?ocid=UE13DHP
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 10:29 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
fraud? Trump?

Throwing **** against the wall? Did Trump ever do blackface?

Well, that's kind of a non sequitur. Don't knw about blackFACE, but he did do blackMAIL withholding Ukraine's military aid unless they made up dirt on Biden. Impeach him, ock him up.
coldjoint

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 11:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Well, they called off the inquiry. There will be no vote. There will be no Senate trial.
blatham

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 03:09 am
@BillW,
I saw that Bill. Sad.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 03:24 am
Not sure that many people are going to hear this call, Nancy...

Quote:
Pelosi requests prayer for Trump's health after his 'very serious meltdown'
by Tim Pearce | October 16, 2019 06:42 PM

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi questioned President Trump’s mental health after he had an alleged "meltdown" with Democratic congressional leaders.

Trump met with Democratic leadership at the White House on Wednesday, who walked out of the meeting early and spoke to reporters outside.

"Right now we have to pray for [Trump's] health because this was a very serious meltdown," Pelosi said. Trump called Pelosi a "third-grade politician," the speaker said. ....
blatham

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 03:28 am
John Yoo pulls another legal theory out of his ass.
Quote:
Jason Campbell
@JasonSCampbell
Fox guest John Yoo says the framers of the Constitution "would never have wanted impeachment within a year of an election"
This was on Laura Ingraham's show last night.

Yoo, as most will recall, was a key figure in creating the torture memos for Cheney. He went so far as to say it would be constitutionally legal for American jail-keepers, where seeking to gain intelligence from Taliban prisoners, to crush the testicles of a child of that prisoner in front of that prisoner.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 03:38 am
@Olivier5,
Seen on Twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHC9AVUWwAAuTfd?format=jpg
blatham

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 04:01 am
Filling The Swamp notes from all over
Quote:
Gordon Sondland, Trump envoy and key figure in impeachment probe, faces criticism over $1 million taxpayer-funded home renovation
WP
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 04:22 am
@coldjoint,
Last I heard the inquiry continues. Hearings continue, subpoenas will still come. Dems just see no need for a vote yet, it's just antother GOP ploy to stiff what Americans want, which us impeachment.
blatham

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 04:23 am
Quote:
Trump, it seems, thought he could convince the Dunns to meet the woman who killed their son, and would do so by opening a side door through which she would walk. The whole scene would be captured by a pool of photographers who had been summoned for the meeting, a family spokesman charged.

But the Dunns would have none of it and refused to meet her. Dunn family spokesman Radd Seiger said that the family felt “ambushed” when the “bombshell” was dropped that Sacoolas was next door.
DB

The guy is a sociopath. Which, clearly, is just fine with everyone who supports and defends him.
hightor

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 05:56 am
@blatham,
Interesting that one of the few principled characters in Trump's gang turns out to be John Bolton!
georgeob1

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 06:05 am
@Olivier5,
Perhaps France will step up to resolve the cultural and political problems that were indeed the legacy of their colonial rule of Syria.
blatham

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 06:06 am
@hightor,
Yes. It's a bit like the final act in a Shakespearean tragedy where no one is left standing except a few third tier non-entities.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 06:08 am
Last night, securlarists and their allies stormed into our house, searched my library and found my copy of the Bible, then beat us bloody with it before pedaling away on their stolen bicycles.
hightor

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 06:13 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Perhaps France will step up to resolve the cultural and political problems that were indeed the legacy of their colonial rule of Syria.

Have they been asked? Hasn't Trump invited Russia to do this already?
0 Replies

hightor

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 06:14 am
@blatham,
How are your pets?
blatham

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 06:23 am
@hightor,
We don't know. The secularists and their allies "liberated" them, shouting things like "Puppy mills!" and also "**** Jesus". It was quite a night. Yet our faith remains unshaken.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 17 Oct, 2019 06:32 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
When was Syria a French colony?