monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Sun 22 Sep, 2019 08:58 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Your redundancy doesn't make you any less wrong.

Everything that I've said is 100% correct.

The truth may make the left sad. But it is still the truth.
InfraBlue

Sun 22 Sep, 2019 09:10 pm
@oralloy,
Nuh-uh.
oralloy

Sun 22 Sep, 2019 09:20 pm
@InfraBlue,
Wrong again. It doesn't matter how sad the truth makes the left feel. It is still the truth.

Say.... I haven't seen JTT post today. I hope he wasn't suspended. He livened up this thread a bit.

While his 9/11 stuff is off topic on most threads, it fits right in with the "contemporary events" theme of this thread.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 02:41 am
Leaked letter suggests US is rallying UN member states to oppose abortion
Quote:
Attempt to ‘roll back the clock’ condemned as governments are urged to oppose UN support for reproductive rights

The US is understood to have written to UN member states urging them to join a “growing coalition” of countries rallying against abortion, in what seems to be the latest attempt by the Trump administration to rollback women’s rights.

A letter, seen by the Guardian, is believed to have been sent to governments deemed sympathetic to the administration’s view on reproductive health.

In the letter, apparently signed by the secretary of state Mike Pompeo and health and human services secretary Alex Azar, governments are encouraged to sign a joint statement opposing “harmful” UN policies that promote sexual and reproductive health and rights.

The statement will be presented to a high-level meeting on universal health coverage at the UN general assembly on Monday, says the letter, which suggests multilateral agreements have been misinterpreted to promote pro-choice policies.

“As a key priority in global health promotion, we respectfully request that your government join the United States in ensuring that every sovereign state has the ability to determine the best way to protect the unborn and defend the family as the foundational unity of society vital to children thriving and leading healthy lives,” reads the letter.

“We remain gravely concerned that aggressive efforts to reinterpret international instruments to create a new international right to abortion and to promote international policies that weaken the family have advanced through some United Nations fora.

“Evidence of this is found in references throughout many multilateral global health policy documents to interpret ‘comprehensive sexuality education’ and ‘sexual and reproductive health’ and ‘sexual and reproductive health and rights’ to diminish the role of parents in the most sensitive and personal family-oriented issues. The latter has been asserted to mean promotion of abortion, including pressuring countries to abandon religious principles and cultural norms enshrined in law that protect unborn life.

“These approaches undermine our shared commitment to sustainable development and to achieving health for all, leaving no one behind.”

Efforts to advance these policies at the UN, specifically at the World Health Organization, were “disturbing and must be challenged”, the letter said.

The message called on governments to sign a joint statement – similar to one delivered to the World Health Assembly in May – that would be presented at Monday’s meeting, “and to work together to achieve an outcome document … that reflects our shared values”.

The May statement was signed by the US, Brazil, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Haiti, Ghana, Nigeria and Iraq. It stated that references to sexual and reproductive health “cause confusion and misunderstanding”. It called on the WHO to “focus on terms that enjoy broad consensus among member states”.
roger

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 03:32 am
@Walter Hinteler,
They will try anything, won't they?
Builder

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 03:43 am
@roger,
Quote:
They will try anything, won't they?

Quote:
A letter, seen by the Guardian, is believed to have been sent to governments deemed sympathetic to the administration’s view on reproductive health.

In the letter, apparently signed by the secretary of state Mike Pompeo and health and human services secretary Alex Azar, governments are encouraged to sign a joint statement opposing “harmful” UN policies that promote sexual and reproductive health and rights.

And you reckon my comprehension skills are lacking roger?

Too phunny.

Twice he called his partner Michael. Just too humourous, this video.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 09:37 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Collude with his hero Putin.

Sorry to tell you, but the Mueller report cleared the Trump campaign of colluding with Russia, it was spelled out very specifically. More lies.
hightor

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 10:11 am
@Baldimo,

Sorry to tell you, but the Mueller report only cleared the Trump campaign of criminally conspiring with Russia. The collusion was obvious in the multiple meetings at Trump Tower and some of your president's statements:
Quote:
I will tell you this, Russia: If you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing.
Baldimo

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 10:24 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Sorry to tell you, but the Mueller report only cleared the Trump campaign of criminally conspiring with Russia.

He was cleared of collusion and that goes for everyone in his campaign. No charges were filed and none will be filed. Trump was cleared of working with Russia.

Quote:
The collusion was obvious in the multiple meetings at Trump Tower and some of your president's statements:

There was 1 meeting and it was a setup.

Quote:
Quote:
I will tell you this, Russia: If you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing.

At this point, Hillary had already deleted the emails and had the server wiped, before even the FBI could look at it. The FBI never got to look at her server, which was illegal and was hacked.

You like a lot of other leftists, confuse Hillary's illegal private server, with the DNC serves which were hacked.
georgeob1

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 10:30 am
@hightor,
Mueller had no legal authority or standing on which to clear anyone of any crime. In our legal system one is either innocent, accused and undergoing trial, or guilty of the crime for which he was convicted.

Mueller's task was to examine the evidence to determine whether there was a legal basis for bringing criminal charges. After an exhaustive nearly two year investigation, based on what are now known to be a very questionable legal foundation for the communications monitoring that was a central basis of the investigation, he came up with nothing: no basis for the assertion that any crime had been committed. Under our law Trump is innocent.
revelette1

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 10:59 am
@georgeob1,
Forget about Russia for a moment. This time Trump has committed "collusion" right out in the open and now is trying to push this line that is ok to collude with a foreign government in furtherance of your re-election bid. That it is ok if you use government to withhold money for Ukraine's military as a bribe to start an investigation into a political opponent in an election.

I agree AOC, it is time for democrats to put up or shut up and it way past time for republicans to do the job they elected to do and hold this criminal in the WH accountable. Otherwise, all of those in Washington government are just as complicit in Trump's crimes as he is and History will form their own judgement of them all.

I imagine you or someone like you is going to spin the above mentioned crimes as not crimes. Well, I have enough of the BS the last two years to waste more time on arguing about it.
hightor

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 11:06 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
He was cleared of collusion...

There is no crime of "collusion". The investigation found no evidence of conspiracy.

Quote:
There was 1 meeting and it was a setup.

Oh, a "setup", eh? Then why'd they claim it was to discuss the Magnitzky Act?

Quote:
A total of 272 contacts between Trump’s team and Russia-linked operatives have been identified, including at least 38 meetings. And we know that at least 33 high-ranking campaign officials and Trump advisers were aware of contacts with Russia-linked operatives during the campaign and transition, including Trump himself. None of these contacts were ever reported to the proper authorities. Instead, the Trump team tried to cover up every single one of them.

Moving right along...

Quote:
The FBI never got to look at her server, which was illegal and was hacked.

So how do you explain this, from 2018?

Quote:
The FBI said Wednesday that it has no evidence Hillary Clinton’s private email server was compromised even though President Donald Trump tweeted a news report that alleged the Chinese had hacked it.

Trump tweeted Tuesday evening about a report in the conservative Daily Caller that said a Chinese-owned company operating in the Washington area had hacked the server Clinton had used as secretary of state and obtained nearly all of her emails.

source

Quote:
You like a lot of other leftists, confuse Hillary's illegal private server, with the DNC serves which were hacked.

No, I didn't.
Quote:
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said, referring to emails Mrs. Clinton had deleted from the private account she had used when she was secretary of state. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

As it turns out, that same day, the Russians — whether they had tuned in or not — made their first effort to break into the servers used by Mrs. Clinton’s personal office, according to a sweeping 29-page indictment unsealed Friday by the special counsel’s office that charged 12 Russians with election hacking.
hightor

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 11:13 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Mueller had no legal authority or standing on which to clear anyone of any crime.

You're being overly technical here. The fact that investigators found no evidence of conspiracy has repeatedly been used by his supporters who are happy to say that the report "clears" him of any wrongdoing. They don't mean this in a strictly legal sense; they're talking about the "court of public opinion", a court made up of his supporters, I might add.
Baldimo

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 11:18 am
@hightor,
Quote:
There is no crime of "collusion". The investigation found no evidence of conspiracy.

If that's the case, why did the MSM spend 2 years saying he broke the law and colluded with Russia? 2 years of this...

Quote:
Oh, a "setup", eh? Then why'd they claim it was to discuss the Magnitzky Act?

That was the setup. It was claimed they were meeting to exchange information on Hillary Clinton. Once the meeting started the setup lawyer started to talk about some adoption law.

Quote:
A total of 272 contacts between Trump’s team and Russia-linked operatives have been identified, including at least 38 meetings. And we know that at least 33 high-ranking campaign officials and Trump advisers were aware of contacts with Russia-linked operatives during the campaign and transition, including Trump himself. None of these contacts were ever reported to the proper authorities. Instead, the Trump team tried to cover up every single one of them.

This didn't come from the Mueller report...

Quote:
So how do you explain this, from 2018?

They got the information from a third party group who "investigated" her server. The FBI never saw it, she deleted everything and had it wiped with Bleach Bit.

Quote:
No, I didn't.
Quote:
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said, referring to emails Mrs. Clinton had deleted from the private account she had used when she was secretary of state. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

As it turns out, that same day, the Russians — whether they had tuned in or not — made their first effort to break into the servers used by Mrs. Clinton’s personal office, according to a sweeping 29-page indictment unsealed Friday by the special counsel’s office that charged 12 Russians with election hacking.

First off, she had a private server and not just a private account. It was the DNC who had their accounts hacked, not Hillary's private and illegal email server.
georgeob1

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 11:41 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Mueller had no legal authority or standing on which to clear anyone of any crime.

You're being overly technical here. The fact that investigators found no evidence of conspiracy has repeatedly been used by his supporters who are happy to say that the report "clears" him of any wrongdoing. They don't mean this in a strictly legal sense; they're talking about the "court of public opinion", a court made up of his supporters, I might add.

B.S. The commonly used phrase in any such investigation that fails to find prosecutable evidence of a crime is that it "cleared " the subject of the investigation for the issue investigated and that no prosecutorial action is warranted. That of course means that in the eyes of the law the subject is and remains innocent of the supposed crime. "wrongdoing" is not a legal term: it depends entirely on the standards in the mind of the one speaking. Whether any or most Trump "supporters" find Trump guilty of any such "wrongdoing" is something that you most certainly do not know.
hightor

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 11:46 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
If that's the case, why did the MSM spend 2 years saying he broke the law and colluded with Russia? 2 years of this...

They said that his campaign colluded with Russia because it did:
Quote:
A total of 272 contacts between Trump’s team and Russia-linked operatives have been identified, including at least 38 meetings. And we know that at least 33 high-ranking campaign officials and Trump advisers were aware of contacts with Russia-linked operatives during the campaign and transition, including Trump himself.

The MSM did not "spend 2 years saying he broke the law". Some reporters and journalists said he did, some said he might have, some wondered if he had. This is because time and time again his team lied about the contacts or tried to hide them. Media speculation was fueled by the behavior of Trump's team but it was up to Mueller's investigation to determine what, if any, laws were broken.

Quote:
It was claimed they were meeting to exchange information on Hillary Clinton.

They were looking for dirt so they went there! They were willing to secure political information from a foreign government to be used in the campaign. You undercut your own argument.

Quote:
It was the DNC who had their accounts hacked, not Hillary's private and illegal email server.

Then why did you say this:

Quote:
The FBI never got to look at her server, which was illegal and was hacked.

Looks like you're the one who's confused!
hightor

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 11:49 am
@georgeob1,
I thought I explained that the term "cleared" is not being used in a strict legal sense.
Quote:
Whether any or most Trump "supporters" find Trump guilty of any such "wrongdoing" is something that you most certainly do not know.

I was giving you people the benefit of the doubt. I assumed that if they believed he'd done something wrong they wouldn't be supporting him.
hightor

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 11:57 am
Donald Trump vs. the United States of America

Just the facts, in 40 sentences.

Quote:
Sometimes it’s worth stepping back to look at the full picture.

He has pressured a foreign leader to interfere in the 2020 American presidential election.

He urged a foreign country to intervene in the 2016 presidential election.

He divulged classified information to foreign officials.

He publicly undermined American intelligence agents while standing next to a hostile foreign autocrat.

He hired a national security adviser who he knew had secretly worked as a foreign lobbyist.

He encourages foreign leaders to enrich him and his family by staying at his hotels.

He genuflects to murderous dictators.

He has alienated America’s closest allies.

He lied to the American people about his company’s business dealings in Russia.

He tells new lies virtually every week — about the economy, voter fraud, even the weather.

He spends hours on end watching television and days on end staying at resorts.

He often declines to read briefing books or perform other basic functions of a president’s job.

He has aides, as well as members of his own party in Congress, who mock him behind his back as unfit for office.

He has repeatedly denigrated a deceased United States senator who was a war hero.

He insulted a Gold Star family — the survivors of American troops killed in action.

He described a former first lady, not long after she died, as “nasty.”

He described white supremacists as “some very fine people.”

He told four women of color, all citizens and members of Congress, to “go back and help fix the totally broken and crime-infested places from which they came.”

He made a joke about Pocahontas during a ceremony honoring Native American World War II veterans.

He launched his political career by falsely claiming that the first black president was not really American.

He launched his presidential campaign by describing Mexicans as “rapists.”

He has described women, variously, as “a dog,” “a pig” and “horseface,” as well as “bleeding badly from a facelift” and having “blood coming out of her wherever.”

He has been accused of sexual assault or misconduct by multiple women.

He enthusiastically campaigned for a Senate candidate who was accused of molesting multiple teenage girls.

He waved around his arms, while giving a speech, to ridicule a physically disabled person.

He has encouraged his supporters to commit violence against his political opponents.

He has called for his opponents and critics to be investigated and jailed.

He uses a phrase popular with dictators — “the enemy of the people” — to describe journalists.

He attempts to undermine any independent source of information that he does not like, including judges, scientists, journalists, election officials, the F.B.I., the C.I.A., the Congressional Budget Office and the National Weather Service.

He has tried to harass the chairman of the Federal Reserve into lowering interest rates.

He said that a judge could not be objective because of his Mexican heritage.

He obstructed justice by trying to influence an investigation into his presidential campaign.

He violated federal law by directing his lawyer to pay $280,000 in hush money to cover up two apparent extramarital affairs.

He made his fortune partly through wide-scale financial fraud.

He has refused to release his tax returns.

He falsely accused his predecessor of wiretapping him.

He claimed that federal law-enforcement agents and prosecutors regularly fabricated evidence, thereby damaging the credibility of criminal investigations across the country.

He has ordered children to be physically separated from their parents.

He has suggested that America is no different from or better than Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

He has called America a “hellhole.”

He is the president of the United States, and he is a threat to virtually everything that the United States should stand for.

nyt/leonhardt

(citations are provided in the opinion column)
georgeob1

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 12:14 pm
@hightor,
Really? I know very few people whom I believe are guiltless of any "wrongdoing" . Indeed many whom I like and admire are, in my view, not entirely guiltless of any such "wrongdoing" .

Was Hillary guilty of "wrongdoing" when, in overt defiance of well-known Federal regulations and Law she put all of her official e mail correspondence on a private (and unsecured) server where it was conveniently beyond the reach of existing FOIA law regarding such public & government information? Was she guilty of wrongdoing when she publicly asserted there was "nothing marked classified" in the e mails stored there, even as investigation revealed the presence of large amounts of Top Secret Compartmented Special Intelligence information in it? Were she and her associates guilty of "wrongdoing" when her campaign contracted with private investigators in Russia (almost certainly penetrated by the Russian FSS), for a hit piece on her opponent,and then, during the closing days of the Obama presidency, used it as a basis to initiate clandestine Intelligence surveillance of her opponent's campaign staff communications prior to and after the election? Were husband Bill and AG Loretta Lynch guilty of "Wrongdoing" when after a fairly well-concealed ( but tipped off to the press by a local FBI officer) "accidental meeting" of their respective private aircraft occurred in a distant hangar in the Phoenix airport, just days before the close out interview with investigators on the private server matter, they both reported to the press that they discussed only family matters and the grandchildren ?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Mon 23 Sep, 2019 12:19 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
They said that his campaign colluded with Russia because it did:

You are wrong. Mueller cleared Trump and his team of working with the Russians.

Quote:
The MSM did not "spend 2 years saying he broke the law".

Every single news media channel spent the 2 years claiming Trump was guilty.
The only channel who didn't report on this every day with the headline Trump is a traitor was Fox news. They were the only news organization that got it right. The rest of them were all reporting the same thing, Trump is a traitor and worked with Russia to win the election.

Quote:
Some reporters and journalists said he did, some said he might have, some wondered if he had.

Wrong again, they were all saying the same thing. How many times did they have liars like Schiff on who claimed to have seen the guilty evidence. This was an every day occurance until the Mueller report was released, then all of those news channels saw their ratings drop when people realized they had been lied to for 2 1/2 years.

Quote:
This is because time and time again his team lied about the contacts or tried to hide them. Media speculation was fueled by the behavior of Trump's team

Wrong again. Media speculation was driven by their hatred of Trump and the anger they felt with their chosen one Hillary lost the election. As was found

Quote:
but it was up to Mueller's investigation to determine what, if any, laws were broken.

Muellers team found nothing, that didn't stop the media from grabbing onto anything the DNC said to make Trump look bad. How many fake stories were published and had to be retracted. Still to this day, the media prints fake stories and then have to publish corrections in a few days when people realize they were lied to again. You wonder why faith in the media is so low?

Quote:
They were looking for dirt so they went there! They were willing to secure political information from a foreign government to be used in the campaign. You undercut your own argument.

This is the lie the media has been telling for the last 3 years. The meeting was a setup and had nothing to do with the election. If it wasn't a setup, then what was it? You will notice the Mueller team never interviewed that Russian lawyer who was let into the country by the Obama govt. In fact why didn't the Obama admin warn Trump that Russians were sniffing around his campaign? It was all one big setup.

Quote:
Then why did you say this:

Because it was true, the FBI never got to look at her server. She deleted all the emails and wiped it clean with Bleach Bit, how would the FBI know anything? They only repeated what was told to them by a 3rd party group.

Quote:
Looks like you're the one who's confused!

Nope. It's you and the MSM hatred of Trump that confuses you.