monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 11:08 am
@oralloy,
Rubbish, you mentioned war because you want to kill us regardless of Israel. It's why you support foul murderer Knox.

And it's proof more than ever that we need to get American occupying troops out of our country straight away.
oralloy

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 11:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Rubbish, you mentioned war because you want to kill us regardless of Israel.

Don't be silly. I probably have more British friends than you do. Although it's been awhile since I've posted on a UK messageboard.

izzythepush wrote:
It's why you support foul murderer Knox.

No such murder. I support her because she is the victim of a horrible atrocity.

izzythepush wrote:
And it's proof more than ever that we need to get American occupying troops out of our country straight away.

Hardly occupying troops. Our guys are there at the behest of your democratically elected government in order to protect your country against aggression.
izzythepush

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 11:17 am
@oralloy,
Rubbish. You jumped on an opportunity to make death threats against a country that protects its children from NRA scum.

That what really upsets you, no Sandy Hooks over here.

I doubt you have many friends at all, and none whatsoever over here.
oralloy

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 11:27 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Rubbish. You jumped on an opportunity to make death threats against a country that protects its children from NRA scum.

I have never made death threats against any person or nation.

izzythepush wrote:
That what really upsets you, no Sandy Hooks over here.

No freedom either.

I would not say I am upset exactly. I do find the lack of freedom horrific though. I'm glad we still have freedom here in America.

izzythepush wrote:
I doubt you have many friends at all, and none whatsoever over here.

It's been awhile since I've posted on a UK board (and the one I used to post on has since closed down), but I had a good number of friends there.
izzythepush

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 11:32 am
@oralloy,
I mentioned Jeremy Corbyn and your immediate response was to threaten war.

I remember British and other NATO planes flying over New York post 9/11. No Israeli planes.

We shouldn't have wasted our time or our soldier's lives fighting the wars of and protecting a country that hastes us.

You're right about one thing, we're not a free nation, not while there are foreign troops occupying our country.

We need to send them back.

oralloy

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 11:39 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I mentioned Jeremy Corbyn and your immediate response was to threaten war.

It is good for everyone to understand that we will protect Israel if someone goes to war with them.

It avoids misunderstandings and hopefully prevents such a war from happening in the first place.

izzythepush wrote:
I remember British and other NATO planes flying over New York post 9/11. No Israeli planes.

That does not make it OK to wage an unjust war against Israel.

You say that the UK will not start any war with Israel. I hope you're right, and if you are then there will be no problem.

izzythepush wrote:
You're right about one thing, we're not a free nation, not while there are foreign troops occupying our country.

It is hardly an occupation.
izzythepush

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 11:42 am
@oralloy,
It's good for us to understand that America is an enemy and those troops are there to threaten us.

You've made that perfectly clear.

You were the one to mention war, not us, threatening to kill us all should Corbyn become prime minister.
oralloy

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 11:49 am
@izzythepush,
I did not threaten to kill you all. Probably the only people who would be risking death in such a war would be troops who were trying to invade Israel.

And again, we will only go to war if it is necessary to protect Israel.
Lash

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 12:06 pm
@izzythepush,
No, it’s not. Boris is more of a definer than his run of the mill surname—as Corbyn is to Jeremy. He’s the only Corbyn I know.

I don’t quite understand why you would try to turn something so benign into an accusation. Silly, really.

glitterbag

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 12:09 pm
@oralloy,
I really wish you would stop banging on about Israel. Great Britain is not going to go to war with Israel and it’s foolish to make such claims. It does nothing but paint you as a woefully uninformed yahoo.

Remember the Liberty.
izzythepush

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 12:12 pm
@Lash,
Because you've been parroting far right Brexiteer propaganda as if it's the truth when it's not.
izzythepush

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 12:15 pm
@Lash,
I refer to all politicians by their surnames unless I've met them, which is why I call him Jez.

It's just Bernie/Boris all v cosy whilst poor old Corbyn is very much at arm's length.
Lash

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 12:16 pm
@izzythepush,
Your assumption is incorrect.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 12:20 pm
@izzythepush,
Just observing trends. You’re trying too hard to create a narrative about me. People here attempt to censure others’ speech by making up lies about their motivations. I tend to be their favorite target.

I’ll continue to state my opinions anyway.
izzythepush

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 12:26 pm
@Lash,
I'm just pointing out stuff I see.

As for your motivations, well you can't be surprised people think you're a closet trumpie. Your views hardly mellowed over time, you did a volte face right about the same time Mr Saunders announced his candidacy.

Try to be objective, if you were an outsider would you believe your spiel?
Sturgis

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 12:32 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Just observing trends...

From what has happened in the past, you have tended to switch over to the other side politically on a regular basis. I don't necessarily fault you for that, I too have changed allegiance at times. It does however not speak well to consistently start on one side and then as if on cue, jump to another ship. And without offering an explanation.

Quote:
I tend to be their favorite target.

Don't flatter yourself.

Quote:
I'll continue to state my opinions anyway

Go for it. Just be ready for um, er, backLash.

Hey, it's an open forum, as long as you aren't violating the rules and bylaws, it's fine with me.
Lash

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 12:42 pm
@Sturgis,
I don’t look at the political field like you characterized—as ‘sides’.
I haven’t changed ‘sides’. I changed a few opinions.

I kept a few.

(Shrugs)

The only allegiance I have is toward the changes that I think are necessary for the planet to remain as habitable as possible — and for people to live as decent a life as we can eke out while we’re here. That’s all.

Lash

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 02:43 pm
@izzythepush,
I don’t try to figure out people’s stories much. I hear their ideas, and generally agree or not. I mean, none of us knows anything about anyone else here unless we have an actual personal relationship in person —(and, truthfully, do you know all their secret motivations, even then? I say no.)

So, I generally don’t sweat that too much. Nobody really knows anything. I deal with what someone says on its face.

I really wonder about the people who are constantly using their superstitions and assumptions about people to avoid speaking to an opinion.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 02:49 pm
@hightor,

This is puzzling and terrifying. I can't imagine why this is happening now.
RABEL222

Thu 25 Jul, 2019 03:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Simple. Trump is playing too his consist who like to gun down school kids. In his mind it makes him look like Rambo. If he does this often enough maybe the electorate will forgot he almost moved to Canada during the Vietnam war. But his bone spurs and a billion dollars saved him.
0 Replies