monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

livinglava

Sat 8 Jun, 2019 08:17 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Don't hear to much of this on the MSM. If anyone is keeping track of a problem people deny exists.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pow/Ramadan-Bombathon-2019.jpg?15919
https://thereligionofpeace.com/

Do you think that if someone would kill or commit terrorism in the name of Jesus, that the killing/terrorism was motivated by Christianity; or would you think that it's terrorism where the terrorists use Christianity as a justification instead of revealing their real motive, which is rooted in some other interest?

In short, why do you think terrorists/killers are honest about their real motives when they commit these highly publicized acts? Why wouldn't you assume they are just paid and scripted through a very opaque set of filters that totally obfuscates their chain-of-command, and so they themselves probably don't know the real reason they're committing the act, only that they have to keep their immediate motives hidden or else incur worse retaliation against their families or other hostages?
coldjoint

Sat 8 Jun, 2019 08:56 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
why do you think terrorists/killers are honest about their real motives when they commit these highly publicized acts?

Because terror is sanctioned by their religion. Whether they are telling the truth does not matter because they are doing what Islam tells them to do. Either way people die because of this religions obligations that too many take very seriously.

You know as well as I do Christian doctrine does not endorse terror and that is very clear. Islam does and it makes that very clear also.

BTW, these acts are not highly publicized, how many did you hear about?
livinglava

Sat 8 Jun, 2019 09:34 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
why do you think terrorists/killers are honest about their real motives when they commit these highly publicized acts?

Because terror is sanctioned by their religion. Whether they are telling the truth does not matter because they are doing what Islam tells them to do. Either way people die because of this religions obligations that too many take very seriously.

You know as well as I do Christian doctrine does not endorse terror and that is very clear. Islam does and it makes that very clear also.

BTW, these acts are not highly publicized, how many did you hear about?

I was referring to acts of killing and terrorism generally, and if they reach you through the media, that means they are highly publicized.

Christianity is criticized by its opponents citing the inquisitions of the middle-ages, brutalities of new world explorers, missionaries, etc. Generally, they assume that the people harming others are doing so out of some sincere religious/spiritual motive, instead of as a result of some business, political, or personal motives mixed together.

The fact that people identify with a religion doesn't mean that the religion is the cause of everything they do. Of course religion and spirituality influence us in various ways, but human psychology is more complex than direct causation by culture.

I'm aware that Islam uses very rigorous language against sin and sinners, but the purpose of that depends on your POV. To me it is mainly about making people aware of the gravity of sin, so that they will be motivated to seek redemption. Islam also describes God as "most merciful" so the idea is to motivate people to accept God and thus escape the fear of judgment.

It is not dissimilar to the line from the song, Amazing Grace:
Quote:

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, And grace my fears relieved; How precious did that grace appear. The hour I first believed
coldjoint

Sat 8 Jun, 2019 10:36 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
I'm aware that Islam uses very rigorous language against sin and sinners, but the purpose of that depends on your POV. To me it is mainly about making people aware of the gravity of sin, so that they will be motivated to seek redemption. Islam also describes God as "most merciful" so the idea is to motivate people to accept God and thus escape the fear of judgment.

No it does not. A persons point of view means nothing when it comes to Islam. It is to be taken literally and Muhammad POV is all that matters. And if you do some reading Allah is only merciful to Muslims. In fact he hates non-Muslims and says so many times.

I can quote many verses that back up what I say. It is unfortunate but true. And realizing it is is way past due.
livinglava

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 12:28 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

No it does not. A persons point of view means nothing when it comes to Islam. It is to be taken literally and Muhammad POV is all that matters. And if you do some reading Allah is only merciful to Muslims. In fact he hates non-Muslims and says so many times.

I can quote many verses that back up what I say. It is unfortunate but true. And realizing it is is way past due.

What I mean by POV is well-described in the line I posted from Amazing Grace:
Quote:
Twas grace that taught my heart to fear and grace my fears relieved, How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed

You see, some people are simply not afraid of sin. They think it's all made-up superstition. So just being able to fear 'the wages of sin are death,' is an act of grace, the grace that brings you into the seeking for mercy and salvation. Then the Matthew 7:7 says, "“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you," but that quote follows another one that tells you about the state of mind in which people ignore and reject the offer to seek and find:
Quote:
6Do not give dogs what is holy; do not throw your pearls before swine. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

So now ask yourself whether the Quran verses you've read are sufficient to bless you with grace of fear, that you might begin to seek, find, and believe? It sounds like they have, but maybe you see it differently, and you're about to trample them and turn to tear Islam to pieces, to quote the aforementioned scripture.
coldjoint

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 10:44 am
@livinglava,
Quote:
So now ask yourself whether the Quran verses you've read are sufficient to bless you with grace of fear, that you might begin to seek, find, and believe? It sounds like they have, but maybe you see it differently, and you're about to trample them and turn to tear Islam to pieces, to quote the aforementioned scripture.

I am going to ask myself nothing. I do not see Islam as anything but what it says it is and I see actions and hear people that confirm that belief. You do not, and insist there is some good in an intolerant, violent, and sexist religion with a legal system crafted to rule unequally and brutally with no questions asked upon threat of death.

Why don't you find one positive for the non-Muslim in Islam and get back to me.
livinglava

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 01:55 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

I am going to ask myself nothing. I do not see Islam as anything but what it says it is and I see actions and hear people that confirm that belief. You do not, and insist there is some good in an intolerant, violent, and sexist religion with a legal system crafted to rule unequally and brutally with no questions asked upon threat of death.

Why don't you find one positive for the non-Muslim in Islam and get back to me.

I posted the quote from Amazing Grace to explain something spiritual, which isn't specific to one religion or another. It just so happens that in contemporary culture, Islam has become the go-to religious identity that inspires fear in the hearts of non-Muslims. So I was trying to explain how such fear fits into the overall spiritual workings described in the line from Amazing Grace, "Twas grace that taught my heart to fear and grace my fears relieved, How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed." Amazing Grace is identified as a Christian Hymn, but general spiritual insights are to be found from various sources identified with different religions. I'm trying to show you an example of how to make sense of these things at the spiritual level, instead of jumping to the level of reacting defensively against Islam or whatever because of assumptions about how they fit into the material level of violence/killing or other 'judgment' as it is generally referred to in religious terms when sinners face the effects of sin.
coldjoint

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 02:10 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
that inspires fear in the hearts of non-Muslims.

That is exactly what it, Islam, is intended to do, and says so.
Quote:
I'm trying to show you an example of how to make sense of these things at the spiritual level, instead of jumping to the level of reacting defensively against Islam

There is very little spirituality in Islam. And any mercy or positives only apply to the Muslim. Again, it is intolerant and exclusive and violent. Did you find a positive for the non-Muslim, or was your reply supposed to be an answer?
livinglava

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 02:40 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
that inspires fear in the hearts of non-Muslims.

That is exactly what it, Islam, is intended to do, and says so.
Quote:
I'm trying to show you an example of how to make sense of these things at the spiritual level, instead of jumping to the level of reacting defensively against Islam

There is very little spirituality in Islam. And any mercy or positives only apply to the Muslim. Again, it is intolerant and exclusive and violent. Did you find a positive for the non-Muslim, or was your reply supposed to be an answer?

I guess you just don't understand the relevance of the quote from Amazing Grace that I've posted several times now:
Quote:

Twas grace that taught my heart to fear and grace my fears relieved, How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed.

This quote is talking about the relationship between grace, learning to fear sin in your heart, and the relief of fears through belief/salvation.

If a person is Muslim, they are not going to fear Islam. However, for non-Muslims who do experience fear of Islam, the quote from Amazing Grace about the heart learning to fear through grace is relevant.

Do you finally understand? The fear you experience as a non-Muslim is a grace that turns you toward salvation. That is a benefit for non-Muslims.
coldjoint

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 02:59 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
Do you finally understand? The fear you experience as a non-Muslim is a grace that turns you toward salvation. That is a benefit for non-Muslims.

So, reality does not impress you. I get it, but I also get people are being taught hate and that hate is called Islam. And that is not a positive it amounts to submission, nothing more than that in this life.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 03:37 pm
Fortunately, we won't always have that orange-faced torso infesting the White House.

coldjoint

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 06:32 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
Fortunately, we won't always have that orange-faced torso infesting the White House.

Hopefully we will have more just like him no matter what color they are. This man loves America and Americans and anyone who denies that is a fool and a liar. And there are a plethora of them right here.
MontereyJack

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 08:15 pm
@coldjoint,
Anyone who believes that is a fool and a liar. The only thing he loves is himself.
coldjoint

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 08:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Anyone who believes that is a fool and a liar.

What has he done to hurt this country or it's citizens?
coldjoint

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 10:40 pm
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-M_N2hyVnmIg/XPz9iox9HiI/AAAAAAAAgBY/wsnIA5WoN2o_HV9J_3jL0qxsOR46x6Q2QCLcBGAs/s1600/My%2BNext%2BTrick.png
Quote:
Mexico Pays For The Wall By Becoming The Wall

Quote:
The main points of the U.S.-Mexico Joint Declaration, according to the State Department are:

An enforcement “surge” by the Mexican government along its southern border [with Guatemala]
New protocols allowing the United States to immediately return illegals to Mexico where they would await the processing of any asylum claim
Regional efforts to help spur economic growth and development in Central America to dissuade people from trying to illegally reach the U.S.

https://politicalclownparade.blogspot.com/2019/06/mexico-pays-for-wall-by-becoming-wall.html?spref=tw
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 10 Jun, 2019 02:46 am
@MontereyJack,
And his daughter, the creepy nonce.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 10 Jun, 2019 05:47 am
If there is still a need for a symbol for the crisis-ridden relationship between the USA and France, it has now been found: an oak tree planted last year by US President Donald Trump and France's head of state Emmanuel Macron with a big gesture is dead.

Le chêne symbole de l'amitié Trump-Macron est mort
BillRM

Mon 10 Jun, 2019 06:10 am
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

True but having him in the white house is an insult to every other man who had service as president in our history lowing the office standing for the rest of history.
izzythepush

Mon 10 Jun, 2019 06:17 am
@BillRM,
Including Nixon.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 10 Jun, 2019 07:55 am
@coldjoint,
So What has reump done to harm us? Done his damnedest to take away a health plan for up to 20 million Americans and tried to give us one that cost more and covered less, and cut many off. Weakened clean air and water standards, endangering our health. Gave us an education secretary who loves for-profit schools which sacam thousands of students with huge debt for programs which won't get them jobs and denies students debt forgiveness the government has put in place for crushing debt/ Taken us out of the Paris accords on climate change, thus endangering coastal cities and inhabitants and future crops and fure health, ignoring well-proved science. And those are just for starters, off the top of my head. He's been a ******* disaster for the country so far. Oh, yeah, the whole tariff thing, which is an extra tax. We pay it, not the country which [produces the product. Which is of course not the lie he tells about them.