monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Sat 25 May, 2019 07:50 am
@BillRM,
I'm not saying that Cuba is perfect, far from it, but since the Cuban revolution, America has supported, and funded, much worse regimes in Latin America.

It's the double standards I can't stand.

Why are you so quiet about the CIA coup in Chile that installed Pinochet?

Quote:
The most prevalent forms of state-sponsored torture that Chilean prisoners endured were electric shocks, waterboarding, beatings, and sexual abuse. Another common mechanism of torture employed was "disappearing" those who were deemed to be potentially subversive because they adhered to leftist political doctrines. The tactic of "disappearing" the enemies of the Pinochet regime was systematically carried out during the first four years of military rule. The "disappeared" were held in secret, subjected to torture and were often never seen again. Both the National Commission on Political Imprisonment and Torture (Valech Report) and the Commission of Truth and Reconciliation (Rettig Report) approximate that there were around 30,000 victims of human rights abuses in Chile, with 27,255 tortured and 2,279 executed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_violations_in_Pinochet%27s_Chile

If America had accepted the revolution and allowed Cuba to trade normally it would most likely be a model of democracy today.

99.9% of Cuba's problems stem from America's unjust treatment of a sovereign nation.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsS9MSJ962RyW3pbpwOX8LZg1b--_U4fbQ39EECX83rohzJ0rZEQ
oralloy

Sat 25 May, 2019 09:06 am
@izzythepush,
It is hardly unjust to place sanctions on a dictatorship that tortures and murders peaceful democracy activists.

Our sanctions on such evil dictatorships are not the reason why they are evil dictatorships.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 25 May, 2019 09:08 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
IMPEACH before he destroys the country from the inside and out.

Outlawing the Democratic Party will put an end to their witch hunts against people who disagree with them.
coldjoint

Sat 25 May, 2019 10:28 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If America had accepted the revolution and allowed Cuba to trade normally it would most likely be a model of democracy today.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 25 May, 2019 10:38 am
Quote:
Salvini: I Want A "Trump-Style Revolution" In Italy

I would like one in every Western European country. The EU is watching and its days are numbered. If Italians can realize they are getting screwed the rest of Europe can.

Quote:
“I want a Trump-style revolution for Italy.

The only way to reduce public debt is by growing and cutting taxes.

That’s why a Trump-like revolution is dear to my heart.

I won’t compromise on taxes. The whole government team must believe in this."

Salvini dismissed reports of rifts within the coalition government.

“I have absolute trust in Conte and the government.

I carry forward decrees, I do not listen to background noise.

No one likes rows. I close my mouth and my ears and I look forward.

Today I hope to bring home the security decree, it’s my job.”

Additionally, the deputy Italian PM took credit for a clampdown on migrants trying to enter Italy illegally via the Mediterranean.

“I reduced the landings by 90 percent. There were 11,000 last year, today they are 1,100.

I don’t need to do anything else, the landings have been reduced and the expulsions are twice the amount of arrivals.

I don’t need new ideas and what I’m doing I’m doing it without Europe, alone and with this government.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-24/salvini-i-want-trump-style-revolution-italy
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 25 May, 2019 10:48 am
Quote:
Jon Voight Drops a Bomb on Hollywood: Donald Trump is ‘ the Greatest President Since Abraham Lincoln’

Time to listen to someone from Hollywood that is a patriot. The sore losers get a lot of attention.
oralloy

Sat 25 May, 2019 10:58 am
@coldjoint,
I've often said that historians will consider "people who hate Trump" to be much the same as "people who hated Lincoln".
oralloy

Sat 25 May, 2019 10:59 am
farmerman wrote:
you should get out into the sunlight and out of the basement. Vitamin D helps your cognition

That is one area where I require no aid.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:00 am
izzythepush wrote:
He's a bit too far gone for that, he wouldn't get enough vitamin D if you catapulted him into the Sun.

Your inability to point out anything that I am wrong about speaks for itself.
MontereyJack

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:01 am
@oralloy,
repeating a stupid statement makes it no less stupid.
MontereyJack

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:03 am
@oralloy,
repeating a false statement makes it no less false.
MontereyJack

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:04 am
@coldjoint,
No wonder his kids can't stand him.
MontereyJack

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:09 am
@oralloy,
Outlawing the Republican Party will put an end to their witch hunts against people whi disagree with them.
coldjoint

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:12 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
repeating a stupid statement makes it no less stupid.

Another "bow to the expert" moment. Bought to you by MJ.
coldjoint

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:13 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
No wonder his kids can't stand him.

Bringing family into the conversation is against the rules. At least for some.
farmerman

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:18 am
@coldjoint,
Do you think that Trump is actually the worst president in our nation's history, even surpassing the incompetent regime of James Buchanan??

So do I
MontereyJack

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:29 am
@coldjoint,
every post you an oralloy make is a blow to the expert moment.
MontereyJack

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:31 am
@farmerman,
me too. He it the clear winner in the polls for worst president in one's lifetime and worst president since wwII.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:33 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
blow to the expert moment.

You hear that at recess? Don't even try you are out of your league.
MontereyJack

Sat 25 May, 2019 11:45 am
@coldjoint,
Oralloy has made that sme stupid statement probably at least a dozen times. It's one of his tics. Schoolyard mockery is what it deserves.