monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Fri 24 May, 2019 01:22 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Into non sequiturs again, I see.

No, in to tell Izzy his opinions are not worth a ****. His country is in the toilet.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 24 May, 2019 01:30 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's not just Iran, there's lots of people wanting to have a pop at occupiers.

Guess what? They kill more Muslims than any of the "occupiers".
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 24 May, 2019 01:31 pm
@revelette1,
I'm sorry if it sounded like that, I was just trying to give a sense of how some of the locals might feel.

The West needs to tread very carefully in the ME. The American presence is seen as a continuation of Western Imperialism. As far as they're concerned you're no different from the British and French imperialists who carved up the map following the fall of the Ottomans.

The West is propping up minority powers all over the ME. Bahrain is majority Shia with Sunni rulers, as was Iraq under Saddam Hussein.

Hussein actually had a point regarding Kuwait, these tiny oil rich Gulf states only exist because of the West. We put the wealth of a subcontinent into the hands of a privileged few robbing the ordinary Arabs of their share in "Allah's bounty."

Of course the West is resented, and this will just fuel that resentment.

coldjoint

Fri 24 May, 2019 01:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Of course the West is resented,

The West is hated, That is what Islam teaches, hate for anything not Islamic.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 24 May, 2019 01:34 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Quote:
It's not just Iran, there's lots of people wanting to have a pop at occupiers.

Well, don't sound so agreeable about it.

I wish we get out of all the areas in the ME and let them have the oil and concentrate on renewable energy which from what little I have read, is where the future is anyway.

We definitely could and should do this, but I’m afraid our country is complete propped up on the petrodollar, and we would experience a catastrophic collapse like the Dust Bowl/Great Depression if we back away from oil supremacy.

Catch-22
oralloy

Fri 24 May, 2019 02:00 pm
@Lash,
There is no such thing as a petrodollar. It's conspiracy gibberish equal to a claim that Elvis and JFK were behind the 9/11 attacks.
Lash

Fri 24 May, 2019 02:23 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

There is no such thing as a petrodollar. It's conspiracy gibberish equal to a claim that Elvis and JFK were behind the 9/11 attacks.

https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-a-petrodollar-3306358
The petrodollar is any U.S. dollar paid to oil-exporting countries in exchange for oil. Since the dollar is a global currency, all international transactions are priced in dollars. As a result, oil-exporting nations must receive dollars. Most of them own their oil industries. That makes their national income dependent on the dollar's value. If it falls, so does their revenue.

If you insist on writing your world narrative, you’ll have to live in your own world.
RABEL222

Fri 24 May, 2019 02:34 pm
@Lash,
I disagree with you more often than I agree but this time you nailed it, or rather nailed him.
izzythepush

Fri 24 May, 2019 02:38 pm
@Lash,
Amongst a wide field that has to be one of the stupidest things Oralloy has ever said.

He's got so used to saying black is white that easily verified facts no longer matter.

Completely delusional.

What do you want to bet he's been kidnapped by aliens, and knows someone who married Bigfoot?
Builder

Fri 24 May, 2019 02:38 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Here you can read about it in detail:

LOL. You're quoting wiki on political/legal matters?

You do know how wiki works, don't you?

About as relevant as claiming that a handful of Russians with a 200 grand budget, posting on social media, won the election for Donald.
oralloy

Fri 24 May, 2019 02:39 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
The petrodollar is any U.S. dollar paid to oil-exporting countries in exchange for oil.

We just call those "dollars".

Lash wrote:
Since the dollar is a global currency, all international transactions are priced in dollars.

Except for international transactions that are priced in different currencies.

Lash wrote:
As a result, oil-exporting nations must receive dollars.

Hardly "must". They are free to transact in other currencies.

However, since the dollar is such a stable international currency, it is a logical choice.

Lash wrote:
Most of them own their oil industries. That makes their national income dependent on the dollar's value. If it falls, so does their revenue.

Their national income is not in any way dependent on the dollar.

If the value of the dollar fell, they would require a greater number of dollars for a given amount of oil, if they were conducting the transaction in dollars.

Lash wrote:
If you insist on writing your world narrative, you’ll have to live in your own world.

I am not writing my own world narrative. I am adhering to reality.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 24 May, 2019 02:40 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
I disagree with you more often than I agree but this time you nailed it, or rather nailed him.

You wish.
oralloy

Fri 24 May, 2019 02:45 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Amongst a wide field that has to be one of the stupidest things Oralloy has ever said.

I disagree with your opinion that facts are stupid.

izzythepush wrote:
He's got so used to saying black is white that easily verified facts no longer matter.

On the contrary, facts always matter.

I have never said that "black is white". I'm the person who is always pointing out that "black is black" and "white is white".

izzythepush wrote:
Completely delusional.

Your inability to point out anything that I am wrong about speaks for itself.

izzythepush wrote:
What do you want to bet he's been kidnapped by aliens, and knows someone who married Bigfoot?

I'm not the one who is claiming that a goofy conspiracy theory is true.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 24 May, 2019 02:47 pm
@oralloy,
Oral,

I suddenly believe I can help color your black and white world. Just read this and think.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/venezuela-drops-petrodollar-us-sanctions-drug-trafficking/232056/

In what is set to be a major blow to the U.S.’ increasingly fragile “petrodollar” system, Venezuela announced on Wednesday that it would no longer accept U.S. dollars as payment for its crude oil exports. According to the Wall Street Journal, Venezuela has begun using euros in lieu of the dollar and will convert existing cash holdings into euros as well.

However, the official website of Venezuela’s state oil company, PDVSA, has
begun offering prices in the Chinese yuan, not euros. The decision is similar to that once made by former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, who dropped the dollar in favor of the euro a few years prior to the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq.

The move, though drastic, was not entirely unexpected. Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro had stated earlier in the month that the country would look to “free” itself from the dollar within a week’s time, following the U.S.’ sanctions against the embattled nation.

——————
It’ll be a badge of honor if you change your opinion.
coldjoint

Fri 24 May, 2019 02:51 pm
@izzythepush,
You think you could summon the backbone to address the person you are talking about? You are gossiping. I know you do not have the sand to face your own country's destiny. You prove that every time you shill for Islam.

Men talk directly to who they have a problem with. Keep that in mind next time you talk about men.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 24 May, 2019 02:55 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
In what is set to be a major blow to the U.S.' increasingly fragile "petrodollar" system,

The US does not have a petrodollar system, fragile or otherwise.

Quote:
Venezuela announced on Wednesday that it would no longer accept U.S. dollars as payment for its crude oil exports. According to the Wall Street Journal, Venezuela has begun using euros in lieu of the dollar and will convert existing cash holdings into euros as well.

However, the official website of Venezuela's state oil company, PDVSA, has begun offering prices in the Chinese yuan, not euros. The decision is similar to that once made by former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, who dropped the dollar in favor of the euro a few years prior to the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq.

The move, though drastic, was not entirely unexpected. Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro had stated earlier in the month that the country would look to "free" itself from the dollar within a week's time, following the U.S.' sanctions against the embattled nation.

Meh. So what?

Lash wrote:
It'll be a badge of honor if you change your opinion.

I will always prefer reality.
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 24 May, 2019 03:23 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Oral,

I suddenly believe I can help color your black and white world. Just read this and think.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/venezuela-drops-petrodollar-us-sanctions-drug-trafficking/232056/

In what is set to be a major blow to the U.S.’ increasingly fragile “petrodollar” system, Venezuela announced on Wednesday that it would no longer accept U.S. dollars as payment for its crude oil exports. According to the Wall Street Journal, Venezuela has begun using euros in lieu of the dollar and will convert existing cash holdings into euros as well.

However, the official website of Venezuela’s state oil company, PDVSA, has
begun offering prices in the Chinese yuan, not euros. The decision is similar to that once made by former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, who dropped the dollar in favor of the euro a few years prior to the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq.

The move, though drastic, was not entirely unexpected. Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro had stated earlier in the month that the country would look to “free” itself from the dollar within a week’s time, following the U.S.’ sanctions against the embattled nation.

——————
It’ll be a badge of honor if you change your opinion.

As soon as the Cubans and the Russians had shown up to play games in our back yard we should had send in the Marines for some live fire exercises.

It is mean and uncaring to made that nation population suffer due to the actions of a dictatorship that is not only not recognized by us but not by the EU nations either.

Of course Trump being in bed with the Russians limit our actions we should be taking.
oralloy

Fri 24 May, 2019 03:31 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
As soon as the Cubans and the Russians had shown up to play games in our back yard we should had send in the Marines for some live fire exercises.

What for?

BillRM wrote:
It is mean and uncaring to made that nation population suffer due to the actions of a dictatorship that is not only not recognized by us but not by the EU nations either.

We are not the ones who are making them suffer.

BillRM wrote:
Of course Trump being in bed with the Russians limit our actions we should be taking.

Why should we take any action at all?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 24 May, 2019 04:31 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

As soon as the Cubans and the Russians had shown up

Where was Cuba before it suddenly appeared in America's backyard?
coldjoint

Fri 24 May, 2019 04:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Where was Cuba before it suddenly appeared in America's backyard?

Same place it was when it wasn't a Communist country. They will be asking the same about the UK when it becomes an Islamic emirate.
0 Replies