monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 09:57 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
My experience is that no amount of evidence of any sort will change their minds.

You don't have any evidence to begin with.

blatham wrote:
They've got hold of a simple story for extremely complex issues and that suits their psychological needs.

We have actual UN documents pushing for civilian gun bans.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 10:39 am
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

This is all it takes to get you into a tizzy?

Think about it. Take away his gun and what's left?
Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:24 am
@oralloy,
Wipe your chin.

Free people protect their children from pathetic lickspittles.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Fil Albuquerque

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 12:40 pm
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 12:45 pm
blatham

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 01:06 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Thanks Fil. That is absolutely brilliant
coldjoint

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 01:45 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Thanks Fil. That is absolutely brilliant

Does Fil know your word means nothing and that you said you were done with this thread? He does now.
glitterbag

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 01:53 pm
@coldjoint,
how gossipy!
coldjoint

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 01:55 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
how gossipy!

Facts are not gossip. He should not be posting on this thread, or do you think his word means nothing too?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 02:07 pm
https://static.politico.com/dims4/default/354c230/2147483647/resize/1160x/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2Fbe%2F75%2Fe28744f648e595e6ff3eb168fe8f%2F190315-rob-porter-ap-773.jpg

Two cucumber slices, a thong bottom and a guilded tanning bed. Who wouldn't get horny just thinking about that.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 02:10 pm
Another "WTF is he even saying" moment...

Trump warns 'tough' supporters could turn things 'very bad' if provoked
Democrats argue the comments amount to a potential threat of violence.
Copy and paste to share this video

President Donald Trump on Friday was facing scrutiny for comments in a recent interview with Breitbart News in which he warned his 'tough' supporters could turn things 'very bad' if provoked by his political opponents.

"I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump," Trump said to Breitbart in an interview Monday after reportedly being asked about "how the left is fighting hard."

"I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad," he said.

Trump tweeted out a link promoting the website Thursday night after several Democrats and political commentators raised issues with the comments and whether they amounted to a potential threat of violence.

"I think it's more than an implicit threat," said Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, in an interview Wednesday night on MSNBC. "It sounds very much to me like he's encouraging them to engage in something that's probably illegal such as assaulting people."

But Trump deleted the tweet early Friday after news overnight of the massacre at two mosques in New Zealand, though it was not immediately clear whether the attacks had any impact over the decision. The White House did not immediately respond to an ABC News request for comment on the deleted tweet.

White House Counselor Kellyanne Conway in an interview on CNN Thursday night disputed that the president was in any way advocating violence from his supporters.

"You have to read the entire interview," Conway said. "He was talking about how peaceful and gentle many people are who are otherwise tough."

Though the comments follow a trend of the president using veiled language to play up the "toughness" of his supporters in the face of what he describes as a radical and unhinged resistance.

"They're so lucky that we're peaceful," Trump said in a September 2018 campaign rally. "Law enforcement, military, construction workers, Bikers for Trump."

Trump added, "but they're peaceful people and Antifa and all, they better hope they stay that way."

Similarly, Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign seemed to raise the specter of possible violence against his opponent Hillary Clinton when he spoke during a North Carolina rally about her desire to tighten the nation's gun laws.

"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks,” Trump said. “Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”

At the time, Trump and his campaign insisted he was merely urging gun rights advocates to vote against Clinton.
coldjoint

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 02:18 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Another "WTF is he even saying" moment...

For the media WTF is a daily occurrence. The violence on the Left is ignored.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 02:19 pm
There are some i would like to see leave this site, but not anyone we would agree on. You could greatly improve this site with your own removable.
blatham

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 02:20 pm
@neptuneblue,
God in heaven. What slimy people.
coldjoint

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 02:24 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
There are some i would like to see leave this site,

Tell us on a different thread. You look like a liar posting on this one.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 02:25 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
God in heaven. What slimy people.

They probably do not keep their word either, slimy.
0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 05:05 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump," Trump said to Breitbart in an interview Monday after reportedly being asked about "how the left is fighting hard."

"I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad," he said.

Quote:

"You have to read the entire interview," Conway said. "He was talking about how peaceful and gentle many people are who are otherwise tough.
"

Conway and company think the rest of the country are fools like Trump supporters and fall for her inane statements.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 15 Mar, 2019 06:32 pm
Going on a trip. I'll be back Sunday.
0 Replies