Tue 19 Feb, 2019 08:03 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
another Putin or Duterte?

Your TDS will disappear early 2025.
oralloy

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 08:15 pm
@coldjoint,
The Republicans are going to hold the White House for at least the next 18 years. Even after Mr. Trump serves his full eight years as president, the left is still going to have much to be unhappy about.
MontereyJack

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:11 pm
@oralloy,
Still on about th3 20 year cycles in American poliics that don't exist, eh? You've got too much Asuimov on the brain. Neither cyclic nor periodic but random. Not very likely trump will even get another term, and if the multiple investigations he's inevitably facing play out, he may not even finish this one. You're definitely wrong about a 20 year cycle, though.
MontereyJack

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:14 pm
@coldjoint,
Has your CDS and ODS disappeared yet? Evidence is you're still suffering from both
oralloy

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:15 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Still on about the 20 year cycles in American poliics that don't exist, eh?
Jefferson.

Lincoln.

FDR.

They very much exist.

MontereyJack wrote:
Not very likely trump will even get another term, and if the multiple investigations he's inevitably facing play out, he may not even finish this one.
Remember not to complain when the Republicans get revenge for this witch hunt.

MontereyJack wrote:
You're definitely wrong about a 20 year cycle, though.
Check back with me on election day 2032 and see if the Republicans have just won the White House for the fifth time in a row.
coldjoint

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:16 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Has your CDS and ODS disappeared yet?

Is Trump still president? Drunk Laughing Laughing Laughing
MontereyJack

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:18 pm
@oralloy,
Random. Look at all the 4, 8,and 12 year "cycles" in and around the random 20 year few. As I say, neither cyclic nor periodic. I know you love them, but they don't exist.
oralloy

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:22 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Random. Look at all the 4, 8,and 12 year "cycles" in and around the random 20 year few.
What about them?

MontereyJack wrote:
As I say, neither cyclic nor periodic. I know you love them, but they don't exist.
This country has had three of them already.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:28 pm
@oralloy,
Right. Starting with FDR we've got 20,8, 8, 4, 12, 8,8,8,2 and 4 questionable let alone 8.. So tell me where's the 20 year cycle? Nonexistent. You're fantasizing on this one/
MontereyJack

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:30 pm
@coldjoint,
precariously, and the majority who voted against him find him more detestable than every.
oralloy

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
Take a close look at the first number in your list.
coldjoint

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:36 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
precariously, and the majority who voted against him find him more detestable than every.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
MontereyJack

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:41 pm
@coldjoint,
yeah, your argument is definitely only on the emoji level.
MontereyJack

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:42 pm
@oralloy,
Take a look at the 30-plus occurences which do not bear you out. Random. Neither cyclic nor periodic.
coldjoint

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 09:47 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
yeah, your argument is definitely only on the emoji level.

And I came down to that level just for you.
blatham

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 10:07 pm
Only the very best people in the Trump administration - the most ethical, the most honest, the most selfless civil servants working for the good of the nation.
Quote:
The Office of Government Ethics (OGE) said in a letter made public Tuesday that Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross had yet again claimed to sell a stock when in fact he hadn’t done so, contrary to an ethics pledge he made upon joining the Trump administration. As a result, the office’s director wrote, Ross’ latest financial disclosure was not certified.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/government-ethics-office-declines-to-certify-inaccurate-wilbur-ross-financial-disclosure

coldjoint

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 10:14 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
the most ethical, the most honest, the most selfless civil servants working for the good of the nation.

Is corruption anything new in government? Trump cannot do it all.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 19 Feb, 2019 11:28 pm
I mean, what we're doing now strikes me a basically untenable, at least in the long run. You can't have a country in which half or even 40 percent of the population is walking around feeling totally subjugated 100% of the time.
Builder

Wed 20 Feb, 2019 12:08 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
You can't have a country in which half or even 40 percent of the population is walking around feeling totally subjugated 100% of the time.

Most Americans are disconnected from the political process.

For very good reasons.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 20 Feb, 2019 12:16 am
@gungasnake,
You're right. You can't have a country in which 2/3 walks around 100% of the time feeling totally subjugated by a president and a congrews who cater exclusively with every action to the wildeyed conservative zealots . That's why trump lost the house and why he wil lose the white house in 2020 if not before,
0 Replies