monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 04:47 pm
Quote:
Donald Trump boasted on Friday, "We have a lot of great announcements having to do with Syria and our success with the eradication of the caliphate. And that will be announced over the next 24 hours." That was nearly 80 hours ago; there's been no announcement.

But it would have been a beautiful announcement. Probably the most beautiful announcement by anyone, ever. You wouldn't believe how many people have told me that.
BillW

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 04:51 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Donald Trump boasted on Friday, "We have a lot of great announcements having to do with Syria and our success with the eradication of the caliphate. And that will be announced over the next 24 hours." That was nearly 80 hours ago; there's been no announcement.

But it would have been a beautiful announcement. Probably the most beautiful announcement by ansyone, ever. You wouldn't believe how many people have told me that.

It was so beautiful, it was clairvoyant.
snood

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 05:02 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

If I were Roger Stone, I wouldn’t antagonize or threaten the judge. It’s just bonkers....what can he possibly hope to gain?

She is the one who revoked Mannafort's bail and put him behind bars - all Mueller has to do is ask! Yeap, threatening the Judge and by extension, jurors plus attempting to shape the jury pool is exactly what she told him not to do.

You think it may be barely possible that Roger Stone is driven more by his attention-whoring narcissism than by healthy self-interest, so he is about as able to comply to a gag order as a fat kid is able to resist a donut?
Region Philbis

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 05:07 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Romney was a wimp. And still is.
wrong... Mitt never, ever used magenta as a font color...
blatham

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 05:11 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
clairvoyant

He heard that word once. He assumed it was the name of a teenage beauty pageant contestant from France.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 05:16 pm
@snood,
Stone certainly is an attention-seeker but given all the dirty tricks and, undoubtedly, criminality he's been up to since the Nixon period, I think that would argue for a pretty highly developed sense of self-preservation.

It could be that he is presently very well aware of his proximity to years in prison and is not operating at his cognitive best.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 05:17 pm
@Region Philbis,
You made me laugh, young man.
0 Replies

BillW

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 05:19 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

BillW wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

If I were Roger Stone, I wouldn’t antagonize or threaten the judge. It’s just bonkers....what can he possibly hope to gain?
w
She is the one who revoked Mannafort's bail and put him behind bars - all Mueller has to do is ask! Yeap, threatening the Judge and by extension, jurors plus attempting to shape the jury pool is exactly what she told him not to do.

You think it may be barely possible that Roger Stone is driven more by his attention-whoring narcissism than by healthy self-interest, so he is about as able to comply tos a gag order as a fat kid is able to resist a donut?

Excellent point, I also add the Maanafort reason - uhhhh, Pardon me, Please!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 05:33 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
wrong... Mitt never, ever used magenta as a font color...

Can you prove that, not that color means anything to people like you, right?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 05:52 pm
@snood,
I think it's more his attention-whoring narcissism than by self-interest. (I don't think you can use a word like 'healthy' while referencing that malignant busy-body enforcer wannabe.
coldjoint

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 06:01 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
think it's more his attention-whoring narcissism....

and how about backing up what he says while some people bloviate about glory days and make baseless accusations? That would be you. You are going to end up looking bad again. I am ready to talk about Islam, if you have a problem with my take on it, let me know. You refuse to back up your claims.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 06:11 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
enforcer wannabe.

That I remind you of the rules when you bring my mother into your replies is not enforcing anything. All I can do is report the post, and I do.
coldjoint

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 06:34 pm
Quote:
The look on your face when the world finds out you are actually the racist bigot ( I called this **** from day one ).

https://i.redd.it/8grk2fhdypg21.jpg
https://i.redd.it/8grk2fhdypg21.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 06:39 pm
It occurred to me today to re-watch Kieślowski's Red, White and Blue trilogy. It's a masterpiece.

Later on today, I'll list out the foods I've eaten and recount bathroom activities.
0 Replies

snood

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 06:42 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
enforcer wannabe.

That I remind you of the rules when you bring my mother into your replies is not enforcing anything. All I can do is report the post, and I do.

You do know Glitterbag was referring to Roger Stone, don’t you?
coldjoint

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 06:55 pm
@snood,
Quote:
You do know Glitterbag was referring to Roger Stone, don’t you?

To be honest, no. But she has said the same about a lot of people. That is why her advice is free. Also it was not long after the insult from another poster.
snood

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 07:11 pm
@coldjoint,
Her remark about wannabe enforcer was in direct response to my post, and we were both talking about Roger Stone. It had nothing to do with you.
gungasnake

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 07:14 pm
This is just some sort of a stock photo/image symbol:
https://i1.wp.com/media.boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/abj.jpg?w=824&ssl=1

This is what a rifle scope crosshair looks like:
http://crenshawcomm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/crosshairs2.png

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid demopoops......
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 07:17 pm
If the insignia in the blurb with the picture of the fugly judge were meant to be a rifle scope reticle, the lines would come to points where they meet. They don't.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid demopoops.......
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 18 Feb, 2019 07:20 pm
Leupold scope reticle. Notice how the thick lines come to points so that they don't obscure the target:

https://cdnp.leupold.com/reticleImage/_380xAUTO_crop_center-center/Duplex_Ret_illum_380.png?mtime=20180122072902

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid demotards, snowflakes......
0 Replies