monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 11:45 am
Quote:
PHOTOS: Mexican flags fly at small Beto counter-rally as Trump draws thousands

Democrats rally for Mexico.
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/photos-mexican-flags-2020-merch-at-beto-counter-rally/
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 11:51 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Where did you pick up these crude misogynist tropes?

Normally I wouldn't respond to any of your bullshit but I get the impression you and whoever/whatever you represent might actually not understand what is involved in this one. Alex Oop (Ocasio-cortez) is a Malthusian (look it up) which is substantially worse than being a communist and the policies she advocates would reduce the human population of this planet to something like 1/6 of its present numbers, BEFORE you take any sort of unintended consequences into account. When you DO take the unintended consequences into account, what you'd be talking about would be humanity either in the sort of dystopia you see in Mel Gibson's Mad Max movies or living in conditions similar to those of the Pleistocene age within a few decades. Some of the "elite" idiots who push that **** think they could control the collapse and land on their feet with a vastly reduced human population, enough techies to keep a tech civilization together, and them on top, but they are full of ****, the unintended consequences would annihilate them.

What would happen is what Plato describes in his dialog "Timaeus" in which a global catastrophe, this time self inflicted, would leave only hoodlums and uneducated people walking around.

C.S. Lewis said that above all else, the devil cannot abide being mocked. I am trying to teach the world to laugh at the idiots and psychotics who want to destroy it.

I am not a misogynist; I am an idiotphobe.
coldjoint

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 11:52 am
Wont see this in the NYT.
Quote:
More EVIDENCE Hillary Clinton Email Probe Was RIGGED

Quote:
“[T]here were at least 18 classified emails found on the Weiner laptop by the FBI. Paul Sperry’s RealClear Investigations report revealed that only 3,077 of the 340,000 emails ‘were directly reviewed for classified or incriminating information.’”

There are still mountains of evidence available, or there better be. If there is not the NYPD are helping cover for Killary. People are going to find out. They are just as committed as those who wish to destroy Trump.
http://www.independentsentinel.com/more-evidence-hillary-clinton-email-probe-was-rigged/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 11:54 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
I am not a misogynist; I am an idiotphobe.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 11:58 am
I was in Bucharesti in 1988 on assignment. If you really want to see a combination of Mad Max and the Renaissance Fair, visit countries that have authoritarian rule, i.e. Nicolai Ceausescu.
coldjoint

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 12:17 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
visit countries that have authoritarian rule,

You mean the UK, France and, Germany?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 12:18 pm
Ceausescu was a candidate for worst the commie world had to offer but, again, Malthusianism is worse than communism. Ocasio-cortez and others like her see humans as a plague on this planet and would like to see humans using no more energy and leaving no more in the way of footprints on the planet than animals which live by fang and claw and never plan more than a day or two ahead, if that. Communists at least had some sort of a vision of a future for humanity.

One thing you should understand is that humans have never survived on this planet other than via technology. We are not native to this planet and are not adapted to it.
ehBeth

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 12:26 pm
@glitterbag,
it's a great place to vacation now - cheap, and no one on the beaches or in the museums

a friend, whose dad was a FSO in the area in the late 1970's, recently went there with a daughter. twice, she was the only person in museums.

fabulous graffiti, if you like the art form
coldjoint

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 12:35 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
humans as a plague on this planet

Kind of a holdover from Margret Sanger who liked to call people "human weeds". She believes in subjugation and conformity. No opportunity or mobility. Society will stagnate and there will be more crime and less rights than you could ever imagine.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 01:43 pm
Mark Kelly is going to run for the Senate in Arizona and that's wonderful news. Watch the video in this piece to get an idea of how good a candidate he's going to be (and how dedicated a Senator he'll be)
Link Here
blatham

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 01:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
If you really want to see a combination of Mad Max and the Renaissance Fair
That's very, very good.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 01:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
During his speech on Monday night Trump exaggerated the number of people attending the event

Quote:
“Give them the old Trump bullshit,” he told the architect Der Scutt before a presentation of the Trump Tower design at a press conference in 1980. “Tell them it is going to be a million square feet, sixty-eight stories.” “I don’t lie, Donald,” the architect replied.
LINK
This anecdote ought to attend each and every news media story where Trump is quoted.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 02:31 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Mark Kelly

He is too good a man to be a Democrat. They will manage to corrupt him.
0 Replies

Brand X

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 02:57 pm
@Setanta,
The rhetoric is all he has to hold onto on the Wall subject.

After his bosses, Hannity and Coulter, wail on him all week for not coming through with a Wall he'll come up with another way to sling more ****.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 03:16 pm
Quote:
The original inhabitants of the West Bank are Israeli Jews.
This is the least educated sentence I'm likely to read today.
coldjoint

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 03:32 pm
@blatham,
Quote:

So, you don't proof read your posts.
oralloy

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 04:34 pm
@coldjoint,
There's not much for him to proofread. There is no substance. All he ever really does is point at other people's writing and yell "Look everyone! I think what the intellectuals think!"
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 04:35 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
oralloy wrote:
The original inhabitants of the West Bank are Israeli Jews.
The ignorance is all yours. That Israeli Jews are indigenous to the West Bank is amply backed by both history and archaeology.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 05:00 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

it's a great place to vacation now - cheap, and no one on the beaches or in the museums

a friend, whose dad was a FSO in the area in the late 1970's, recently went there with a daughter. twice, she was the only person in museums.

fabulous graffiti, if you like the art form

Do they still have Securitate with automatic weapons patroling Bucharesti? Those guys were scary.
ehBeth

Tue 12 Feb, 2019 05:11 pm
@glitterbag,
nah - I don't think there's money to pay them - they've moved on
0 Replies