monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Baldimo

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 05:13 pm
@layman,
One of these days when my ex-wife stops getting her CO law mandated 40% of my pay, I'll be able to restart my 401k.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 05:28 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Bannon also dismissed questions about White House press secretary Sean Spicer's contentious relationship with the press.

"Are you kidding me?" he told the Times. "We think that’s a badge of honor."

I am especially enthralled by the quality comments made by the readers of this sorry left wing rag, eh? Like, for example:

1. ******* nazi

2. If I run into him in DC I will report back here on what happened once I make bail

3. That is as brutal an attack on the first amendment that ever has been made in this country

4. This guy is the devil. And he is trying to steal our country. Not hyperbole
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 06:48 pm
@blatham,
Your insights are absolute and astounding. I must make sure to read your posts more often.
blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 06:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ah shucks. Tweren't nuttin.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He's tricky though, as he can be sardonic.

I think you two met, in 74?, That place, owned by Coppola, that was in the great building, but they may have been on the late side. I've shown photos, but I'm not in the mood to dig them up.
cicerone imposter

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:10 pm
@ossobucotemp,
In 74? You mean to tell me I was that young? The biggest problem I'm having now is my bad memory.
blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:20 pm
@ossobucotemp,
'74? That year I was doing a study of roadside wildflowers in the Pyrenees mountains with Olga the German milkmaid who I'd fallen head over heels in love with when I came across her crashed motorcyle and saw her, unconsious, her blouse ripped away, lying in an unusually large patch of Aphyllanthe de Montpellier.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I messed up, it was 2004.

So it goes. There goes the word bank..
blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:28 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Thirty years. What the ****. They flash by in a wink.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:34 pm
I'll never live this down,

until tomorrow.

So do any of you remember the Coppola place?
blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:35 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Just a reminder. Tomorrow is one day. 24 hours.
ossobucotemp

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:39 pm
@blatham,
Which time zone?
blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:39 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Antarctic.
ossobucotemp

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:46 pm
@blatham,
Too cold for me, but not cold enough for the antarctic,

Re adjust, per favore.

0 Replies

georgeob1

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:47 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Personally, I have great faith in this White House team and operation. They clearly know stuff we don't know. They way they are behaving and responding right now makes it abundantly clear that Khrushchev is putting missile in Cuba and America is being attacked by space aliens. And yet they are maintaining an almost preternatural calm.

And yet is the Democrats, and Obama in his last gasp after kissing ass with Putin for eight years, who are so enraged by Putin's embarassing them in their inept efforts to distort our election process. Suddenly we've got troops and surface to air missiles in Poland and troops in Latvia - this after eight years of acquiescence and retreat as Putin took a piece of Armenia all of Crimea, violating our Nuclear disarmamant treaty by seizing parts of Ukrane - all without even a peep. The now departed capon you so admire is far more deserving of your fatuous criticism above than our current President.

The contradictions here are rather stark: very hard to make this **** up. One wonders at your perception of reality.
blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:51 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
And yet is the Democrats, and Obama in his last gasp after kissing ass with Putin for eight years,
Stopped reading there.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 07:51 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
And yet is the Democrats, and Obama in his last gasp after kissing ass with Putin for eight years,
Stopped reading there.
layman

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 08:13 pm
@blatham,
So important, he had to say it twice, eh, George? I have a feeling that you are now this >< close to being added to Blathy's ignore list. He don't cotton to no back-talk. He aint even gunna listen to it.

So now he's gunna "shut you out," just like Trump does to the press, eh?
RABEL222

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 08:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Tell me CI? How does the 20000 stock market help the 65% of U S citizens who dont own any stock at all?
cicerone imposter

Thu 26 Jan, 2017 08:22 pm
@RABEL222,
The stock market is a reflection of our economy and our faith in it. I have faith in the US economy, because that's all we can depend on for our standard of living. Our economy is pretty stable, because our economy is made up of many different products and services. Many countries rely on just a few, and they're at the mercy of high demand for them.
In today's world, the economies of all countries are dependent on the other. That's the reason free trade benefits everybody.

Working and saving for the future is something not everybody learns. That's one of the weakness of public education; they don't teach fiscal management.

Even today, most Americans do not save enough for retirement; the majority depend on social security as their only means of income. The average savings for 60 year olds is about $172,000. Hardly enough to continue living at their current standard of living in retirement - especially in communities with high cost of living such as in Silicon Valley where we live.

We are saved from the fact that I paid off our mortgage in the year I retired. Since then, the cost of housing has mushroomed.