monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 09:03 pm
@Lash,
If we leave, Turkey will perpetrate genocide against the Kurds.

If we stay, Turkey will not be able to perpetrate genocide against the Kurds.

Assad will continue his genocide either way, but the US is in no way responsible for Assad's crimes.
Lash

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 09:03 pm
@hightor,
Oh, that sounds great! We’ll just negotiate an understanding with the Taliban!! Why didn’t anyone try that before!?
oralloy

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 09:04 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
We’ll either continue to be partially guilty for the current genocides or, in absentia, the next ones. We’re culpable if we stay and culpable if we go.
We are not in any way responsible for Assad's genocides.

We are not in any way responsible for Turkey's genocides.

Lash wrote:
I think it’s time to stop the constant state of unaccountable ruin of other countries.
Pulling back and letting genocide proceed unopposed is hardly going to stop it from happening.

Lash wrote:
I don’t know why you’re happier for Syrian kids to die than Kurdish kids.
The only reason why Syrian kids are dying is because Assad is killing them.

Pulling out of Syria is not going to prevent Assad from continuing his genocide.

Lash wrote:
I want my country to stop being guilty for the misery and deaths of anyone’s kids.
We have never been guilty of that.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 09:06 pm
@hightor,
I don’t think anyone is joyful about any of this, but starting a new day with reins on any future military involvement will improve this world and this country.

hightor

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 09:39 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
We’ll just negotiate an understanding with the Taliban!! Why didn’t anyone try that before!?

I'll bet you Mr. Deal-Machine Trump could do it — maybe we could get that nice Mr. Limbaugh to prod him into taking on the task.
Lash

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 09:42 pm
@hightor,
I’m sure he thinks so, too.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 10:09 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
We’ll just negotiate an understanding with the Taliban!!

Like when Obama released five Taliban for one traitor? Trump can do better than that by waving goodbye.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 10:37 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Assad will continue his genocide either way, but the US is in no way responsible for Assad's crimes.

List in detail Assad's crimes.

I have the list of US foreign "policy" crimes right here.

Is the US not responsible for crimes they commit?
oralloy

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 10:48 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
List in detail Assad's crimes.
He is perpetrating a genocide against the Syrian people.

He deliberately kills civilians. He deliberately kills doctors and aid workers. He deliberately uses chemical weapons against civilians.

He deliberately created Islamic State in the belief that it would distract the world from his genocide, and so bears responsibility for their atrocities in addition to his own.

Builder wrote:
I have the list of US foreign "policy" crimes right here.
What crimes are these?

Builder wrote:
Is the US not responsible for crimes they commit?
Not if we didn't actually commit the act in question.

Not if the act in question isn't actually a crime.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 10:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Jews in disguise? Wow, that's a new Jewish conspiracy theory on me.

So you have the internetz, but not quite sure how to use it?

They admitted to this a long time ago.

Quote:
King Faisal (1906-1975), who ruled the Kingdom between 1964-75, confirmed Jewish ancestry of Saudi Royals. In an interview to Washington post on September 17, 1969, King Faisal is reported to have said "We, the Saudi family are cousins of the Jews.

We entirely disagree with any Arab or Muslim Authority which shows any antagonism to the Jews; but we must live together with them in peace. Our country (Arabia) is the Fountain head from where the first Jew sprang, and his descendants spread out all over the world."

I'd also challenge anyone here to document an Islamic state attack on the Saudi nation, or the Jewish nation.
glitterbag

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 10:54 pm
@Lash,
Sounds great, the Secretary of Defense is leaving, you should forward your resume. Could be a match made in Heaven.
oralloy

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 11:25 pm
I was able to produce a list of actual crimes by Assad.

You completely failed to produce any crimes by the US.
oralloy

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 11:28 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Sounds great, the Secretary of Defense is leaving, you should forward your resume. Could be a match made in Heaven.
Back when I realized that Trump was going to win the nomination, win the election, and then completely reshape American government for the next century, I considered joining his campaign and seeing if I could get a job in the Trump Administration after the election.

I'm lazy though, and would not be happy in a position of great responsibility. Luckily I was wise enough to realize that, and so did not act on my whim.

I wish Trump well though. He certainly has his hands full cracking down on these Democrats and their endless witch hunts.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 11:32 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I was able to produce a list of actual crimes by Assad.

No you didn't.

Quote:
You completely failed to produce any crimes by the US.

You have the internet, but too scared to use it? Read 'em and weep, homey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_war_crimes
Builder

Fri 21 Dec, 2018 11:48 pm
@lmur,
Quote:
Murdoch himself took Fox News off the airwaves in the UK because he realised its toxicity was harmful in his attempt to take control of Britih Sky Broadcasting. He's a principled guy!

I thought Rupert did that because the UK court system had the balls to prosecute him over false "polls" he produced to buck up his ailing advertising paycheck in his failed flagship rag there.

Pity they don't have the balls to prosecute the paedophiles in the BBC, but the short inquiry into that showed it went right to the top of the tree, including the (not so) royal fam.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 22 Dec, 2018 12:10 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Flynn after he tried to make a secret deal with Russia,

What secret? His calls were listened to.

He was caught by the people who protect the country from traitors. He was the former head of DIA, the fact he thought he could go unnoticed is the absolute pinnacle of stupid. Sergei probably slipped him a number and told Flynn, go ahead and call me, it’s all secret and the US will never known, wink wink. Apparently the US counter-espionage units are still pretty talented.

I don’t expect you to understand the concept that getting caught spying is a crime. Nobody gets to say “oh, you got me,,ha, ha, my bad, I’ll just put this thumb disk back where it belongs....ha ha, so. we good bra?”

Just a few former trusted individuals who sold out their country: Aldrich Ames (spied for the USSR) employed CIA...convicted 1994; Robert Hansen FBI, spied for the Russians, convicted 2001; James Hall III spied for East Germany and the USSR convicted 1989; Ron Pelton NSA spied for USSR convicted 1983 , interesting fun fact, that Dope was calling the Russian Embassy and was recorded by counter-Intelligence analysts...they played the tapes for some of his former co-workers and they identified Ron..his blowhard voice was easy to identify; Jonathan Pollard, American Sailor spied for Israel, convicted 1987

It’s not unheard of for vainglorious military officers, or high ranking vainglorious intelligence professionals to sell out their country. Fortunately it doesn’t happen all that often, but Mikey Flynn is in trouble, deservedly so.
Builder

Sat 22 Dec, 2018 12:21 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Nobody gets to say “oh, you got me,,ha, ha, my bad, I’ll just put this thumb disk back where it belongs....ha ha, so. we good bra?”

Nope, it's better to just destroy the server (and your phone and laptop and tablet (and tell your colleagues to do the same) and pretend it never really happened, and during the inquiry, raise your eyebrows lots, and know, in your soul, that you've got enough dirt on most people, to protect your own ass, and if that doesn't work start bumping people off, if they get in your way.

Right? I just wish that dork Weiner was on the same page. The asshole.
glitterbag

Sat 22 Dec, 2018 01:28 am
@Builder,
If I was an unstable person interested in what makes some people tick, I might make an effort to see your viewpoint, but you are way too bizarre for me (particularly since I won’t get any monetary compensation) so let’s do each other a favor, K? You keep track of the right wing loonies and crazy pants blowhards in Australia.....and I’ll live happily ever after. Works for me. Bye Felicia.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 22 Dec, 2018 01:44 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
No you didn't.
Wrong. Assad is guilty of deliberately killing civilians. He is guilty of deliberately killing doctors and aid workers. And he is guilty of deliberately using chemical weapons against civilians.

Builder wrote:
You have the internet, but too scared to use it?
You are responsible for backing up your own claims. The only claims that I feel a burden to back up are the claims that I make myself.

Builder wrote:
Are you referring to torture and detaining people without charges during the war on terror?

I accept that that was wrong, and I've long advocated that we compensate any innocents who were harmed.

It's small potatoes compared to Assad's wholesale massacre of civilians and aid workers however.
Builder

Sat 22 Dec, 2018 02:17 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Assad is guilty of deliberately killing civilians. He is guilty of deliberately killing doctors and aid workers. And he is guilty of deliberately using chemical weapons against civilians.

I can say that oralloy is guilty of deliberately killing civilians, but until I present factual evidence of this, I'm as full of **** as you are in making these claims.

Present some factual evidence, or stop wasting our time.