monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 11:44 am
@blatham,
Quote:
but this present Trump/McConnell/Ryan regime demonstrates how much more corrupt the right now is.

How? Controlling the House and Senate has to do with the vote, nothing else. Can you give us specific examples of corruption? Proven examples and sources please. Or admit you are pointing your finger in the air and saying nothing of any value which is all you ever do.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 11:47 am
@ehBeth,
That Grassley tweet is such a bloody headshaker. That it looks so bad pretty strongly suggests he did not mean it to be public. But we could already easily intuit that this sort of coordination crap was going on.

And I was just reading the Ventry story. These dipshits who have been claiming that all males behaved in such a manner in their late teen years seem to be exactly the individual males who DID behave in such a manner. I know that some of my male friends did but it wasn't anything close to a majority of them. I never did anything like what Ford has described.
camlok

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 11:49 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
instead of getting all bent out of shape over Clinton's non scandals and her poor campaign skills, we wouldn't be going through what we are today.

You forgot to mention, y'all always forget to mention, the Clinton/Obama crimes against humanity, their terrorism in Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, ... .

Why, rev?
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 11:57 am
Quote:
Amy Siskind
‏Verified account
@Amy_Siskind
On Kavanaugh: 40 percent to 31 percent that the Senate shouldn't vote to approve his nomination, the first time a plurality of Americans have opposed a Supreme Court nominee since polling on the issue. began https://usat.ly/2NuRmLm
Regardless of what happens with the Kavanaugh nomination, this tells us a fair bit about what is likely to occur in November.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:02 pm
@blatham,
email/twitter

there is a generation that doesn't seem to grasp the difference

we see it with some of the very senior folks in our industry (oddly it seems to mostly be old white men with initials for their first names) ... I would not want to be in their admin group - too much work trying to keep them out of trouble
blatham

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:13 pm
This is a must read
Quote:
‘100 Kegs or Bust’: Kavanaugh friend, Mark Judge, has spent years writing about high school debauchery
WP
camlok

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:24 pm
@blatham,
Kavanaugh should be dumped just because he attended a Catholic school. Then he should be disbarred, then imprisoned, then he can attack and rape all he wants, or lube up.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:25 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm not at all surprised. I'd imagine racist sentiments would be evident in that group as well. There's also a geographical aspect too, I think. A fair number of the lumberjack/fishermen/pickup truck boys here midway up the island are retrograde on many of these issues.
camlok

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:28 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
I'd imagine racist sentiments would be evident in that group as well.

As it is for you and those who gather at your feet, Bernie. You and your ilk support the racists who illegally invaded all those countries with brown skinned people and murdered millions.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
blatham

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:37 pm
Quote:
Matt McDermott
‏Verified account
@mattmfm
The Grassley staffer [Ventry, see above] who just resigned for sexual harassment is also the staffer who works at CRC Public Relations, the same firm Whelan used to push his conspiracy theory.
The same conservative PR firm that ran the Swiftboat Veterans For Truth operation.
coldjoint

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:39 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
I'd imagine racist sentiments would be evident in that group as well.

That is a bunch of crap based on nothing but your obsession with demeaning people you have never met because of their politics. It is nothing else than that and it is obvious why you do not dare reply.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:41 pm
@blatham,
Interesting circle being exposed. Shouldn't be surprised I guess.
ehBeth

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:47 pm
@blatham,
https://crooksandliars.com/2018/09/breaking-gop-judiciary-spokesman-resigns

Quote:
If @ChuckGrassley can't even properly vet his own staff to prevent hiring sexual harassers like @GarrettVentry, how can we trust him to properly vet accused sexual assaulter Brett Kavanaugh for the highest court in the land?

10:37 AM - Sep 22, 2018
coldjoint

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
If @ChuckGrassley can't even properly vet his own staff to prevent hiring sexual harassers

Grassley does not do the vetting. The FBI does that, anything else?
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 12:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
If @ChuckGrassley can't even properly vet his own staff to prevent hiring sexual harassers like @GarrettVentry, how can we trust him to properly vet accused sexual assaulter Brett Kavanaugh for the highest court in the land?
That's a hell of a good point. Perhaps, in the mode of the current leader of the GOP, they are vetting to find sexual assaulters for positions of power and influence?
blatham

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 01:00 pm
@ehBeth,
It's a lesson for us.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 01:04 pm
Think about this
Quote:
Chris Hayes
‏Verified account
@chrislhayes
So even though Dr Ford is saying please stop, slow down, I’m not comfortable with the way this is going, the GOP is gonna plow through, ignore her telling them to stop and just take what they think is rightfully theirs?
7:09 PM - 21 Sep 2018
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 22 Sep, 2018 01:06 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
That's a hell of a good point.

No it isn't. The party of Clinton and Ellison are talking straight out of their hypocritical asses.
0 Replies