monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:49 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
You think people changing the meaning of words and twisting everything into a box that has no basis in reality

This is why you are normally just a one line lame zinger guy, coldjoint, you say stuff that is totally contradictory to your message and this same stuff reveals what a stunning hypocrite you are!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 12:51 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
There are none in the article you posted.

that is a book excerpt - not an article (can't take you seriously when you get the absolute basics wrong)

camlok

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
that is a book excerpt - not an article (can't take you seriously when you get the absolute basics wrong)

You aren't being completely fair to coldjoint, Beth, ... I take that back, you are, but you don't seem to hold your friends, associates or yourself to this same high standard.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
that is a book excerpt -

You are nit-picking. It is still tripe and you are not taken seriously by me because you support obvious liars with an agenda to eliminate our individual rights. You do not value the blessings of freedom and the responsibility it entails so you decide to cede your small brain and its obviously diminished faculties to group think from elite assholes.

Anything else?
camlok

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:10 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
You are nit-picking.

Just like Trump, eh, cj, can't admit it when you are wrong. You really aren't doing yourself or Trump [he isn't either with his ignorant bombastic ways] any favors with your lame responses, your avoidance of reality, your lies about Muslims based on transparent lies from your lying governments, ... .

Quote:
... and you are not taken seriously by me

OUCH!! Why would you say something so nasty? It likely has Beth in tears!! I'm sure glad you didn't say that to me. I would be devastated!
coldjoint

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:15 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
lies about Muslims based on transparent lies

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/noble/index.html
That is a link to the Koran. Now show me what I have said that is not true. Please do not bother to answer until you find one verse that says Muhammad(or Allah) disavows terror or hate for non- Muslims.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:24 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
That is a link to the Koran.
That is not a link to the Koran but a link to the version published by a website with the purpose "to counter whitewashing and explain the threat that Islam truly poses to human dignity and freedom, as well as the violence and dysfunction"
camlok

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:25 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran?

Defense Vs. Total Annihilation

"Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody and less violent than those in the Bible," Jenkins says.

Jenkins is a professor at Penn State University and author of two books dealing with the issue: the recently published Jesus Wars, and Dark Passages , which has not been published but is already drawing controversy.

Much to my surprise, the Islamic scriptures in the Quran were actually far less bloody and less violent than those in the Bible.

Philip Jenkins, author of 'Jesus Wars'

Violence in the Quran, he and others say, is largely a defense against attack.

"By the standards of the time, which is the 7th century A.D., the laws of war that are laid down by the Quran are actually reasonably humane," he says. "Then we turn to the Bible, and we actually find something that is for many people a real surprise. There is a specific kind of warfare laid down in the Bible which we can only call genocide."

It is called herem, and it means total annihilation. Consider the Book of 1 Samuel, when God instructs King Saul to attack the Amalekites: "And utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them," God says through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."

When Saul failed to do that, God took away his kingdom.

"In other words," Jenkins says, "Saul has committed a dreadful sin by failing to complete genocide. And that passage echoes through Christian history. It is often used, for example, in American stories of the confrontation with Indians — not just is it legitimate to kill Indians, but you are violating God's law if you do not."

Jenkins notes that the history of Christianity is strewn with herem. During the Crusades in the Middle Ages, the Catholic popes declared the Muslims Amalekites. In the great religious wars in the 16th, 17th and 19th centuries, Protestants and Catholics each believed the other side were the Amalekites and should be utterly destroyed.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124494788

But let's look at reality, something that you have much much trouble with.

Conservative memes, you are great at.

You fail to look at, remotely acknowledge reality. NO Muslim countries, NO Muslims have invaded any western nations, while the USA, your country, the one that you are a totally blind partisan for, has invaded recently and in the past and has been stealing ME oil since at least the 1920s.

"christian" USA has murdered millions of Muslims and other Middle Easterners, Far East peoples, planned and carried out genocides, one that saw half a million Iraqi children murdered.

Want a link to USA officials describing that and celebrating it?

0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Noble Quran Index
1. Al-Fatihah
2. Al-Baqarah
3. Aal-'Imran
4. An-Nisa'
5. Al-Ma'idah'
6. Al-An'am
7. Al-A'raf
8. Al-Anfal
9. At-Taubah
10. Yunus
11. Hud
12. Yusuf
13. Ar-Ra'd
14. Ibrahim
15. Al-Hijr
16. An-Nahl
17. Al-Isra'
18. Al-Kahf
19. Maryam
20. Ta-Ha
21. Al-Anbiya'
22. Al-Hajj
23. Al-Mu'minun
24. An-Nur
25. Al-Furqan
26. Ash-Shu'ara
27. An-Naml
28. Al-Qasas
29. Al-Ankabut
30. Ar-Rum
31. Luqman
32. As-Sajdah
33. Al-Ahzab
34. Saba'
35. Fatir
36. Ya-Sin
37. As-Saffaat
38. Saad
39. Az-Zumar
40. Ghafir
41. Fussilat
42. Ash-Shura
43. Az-Zukhruf
44. Ad-Dukhan
45. Al-Jathiyah
46. Al-Ahqaf
47. Muhammad
48. Al-Fath
49. Al-Hujuraat
50. Qaf
51. Adh-Dhariyat
52. At-Tur
53. An-Najm
54. Qamar
55. Ar-Rahman
56. Al-Waqi'ah
57. Al-Hadi
58. Al-Mujadilah
59. Al-Hashr
60. Al-Mumtahinah
61. As-Saff
62. Al-Jumu'ah
63. Al-Munafiqun
64. At-Taghabun
65. At-Talaaq
66. At-Tahrim
67. Al-Mulk
68. Al-Qalam
69. Al-Haqqa
70. Al-Ma'arij
71. Nuh
72. Al-Jinn
Al-Muzzammil
74. Al-Muddathir
75. Al-Qiyamah
76. Al-Insan
77. Al-Mursalaat
78. An-Naba'
79. An-Nazi'aat
80. Abasa
81. At-Takwir
82. Al-Infitaar
83. Al-Mutaffifin
84. Al-Inshiqaq
85. Al-Burooj
86. At-Tariq
87. Al-A'la
88. Al-Ghaashiyah
89. Al-Fajr
90. Al-Balad
91. Ash-Shams
92. Al-Lail
93. Ad-Duha
94. Ash-Sharh
95. At-Tin
96. Al-Alaq
97. Al-Qadr
98. Al-Baiyyinah
99. Az-Zalzalah
100. Al-Aadiyaat
101. Al-Qari'ah
102. At-Takaathur
103. Al-Asr
104. Al-Humazah
105. Al-Feel
106. Quraish
107. Al-Maa'oon
108. Al-Kauthar
109. Al-Kaafiroon
110. An-Nasr
111. Al-Masad
112. Al-Ikhlaas
113. Al-Falaq
114. An-Naas

Sure looks like a link to me. It is a translation not the websites, Walter.
BillW

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:29 pm
Of course, the Repukes would never, ever game the system Rolling Eyes
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:29 pm
@BillW,
How long before you get banned again?
coldjoint

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:30 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
Of course, the Repukes would never, ever game the system

Who said that they would not?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:36 pm
@coldjoint,
A translation by whom? From what language to English? From what year? Recognised by what kind of Muslims?
Blickers

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:40 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote coldjoint:
Quote:
What a totally ignorant thing to say. So far the the president has not broken one law.
Trump's own lawyer says otherwise-hence Trump's status as an "unindicted co-conspirator", like Nixon.

What Michael Cohen’s Guilty Plea Means for Trump

The president’s former fixer on Tuesday said he broke campaign laws at Trump’s behest, paying off two women who alleged extramarital affairs.
David A. Graham aa Aug 21, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/eImKUNi.jpg
Michael Cohen leaves his apartment building in New York on Tuesday.Richard Drew / AP

In a sudden development Tuesday, Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s longtime attorney and fixer, pleaded guilty to bank fraud and tax fraud and said he broke campaign-finance laws at the president’s behest, with the goal of quieting allegations of sexual affairs.

The plea on eight felony counts, entered Tuesday afternoon in federal court in Manhattan, is the culmination of an investigation by the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York that became public in April, when the FBI raided Cohen’s office, home, and a hotel room where he was staying. In reality, the story runs back even further, to payments that Cohen arranged in 2016 to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal, the two women who alleged affairs with Trump. Cohen has not agreed to cooperate with prosecutors, but reportedly decided to enter a plea to save himself public exposure and the cost of defending himself.

If not for Cohen’s connection to Trump, Tuesday’s plea would barely crack the news consciousness—just another small-time white-collar criminal. But because Cohen was close to the president and worked at the Trump Organization from 2006 until after the election, the case has been closely watched as a possible augur of Trump’s various legal troubles. The most important takeaway Tuesday is that the president’s own former personal attorney pleaded guilty to breaking campaign-finance laws at his [Trump's] alleged direction.

Source
camlok

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Will I get banned for pointing out how childish you are, Finn?

Or have you just borrowed some memes from coldjoint?
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
coldjoint

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 02:44 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
A translation by whom? From what language to English? From what year? Recognised by what kind of Muslims?

Nit picking. You go ahead and find that verse Mr. Wonderful. I'll wait.
Quote:
We recommend the Noble Quran, a recent translation by Islamic scholars, but one that is generally faithful to the Arabic.

Quote:
The Quran distributed by CAIR, Muhammad Asad's "The Message of the Quran," should be avoided by serious inquirers.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/introduction.aspx
camlok

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 02:46 pm
@coldjoint,
It's your nonsense, cj, you do the research. You have suggested that you are an expert.

Now you are totally up a stump!
coldjoint

Mon 17 Sep, 2018 03:02 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
It's your nonsense, cj, you do the research

I have, and stand by what I said. I have already proven what I said about Islam. You find the verse that disproves it, or just shut up.
0 Replies