monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
Builder

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 05:33 pm
The Nike memes are pretty fuckin' funny last couple of days.

Unemployment rates are so low, even Colin Kapaernick can find a job.

;-)
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 07:02 pm
@coldjoint,
The Op-ed (the one Woodward wrote ) seems to me to be POST election era.
So forensics woulld say that the op-ed could only be paranormal should you be correct.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 07:05 pm
@Builder,
Quote:
Lots of "rather concerned" (read scared shitless) peeps out there, I'm thinking.

The prez ain't one of them.
Sociopaths like Plump dont usually display fear. The world revolves around them (in their minds)
Builder

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 07:09 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Sociopaths like Plump

As opposed to psychopaths like the Clintons, and Weiners and Podestas?

Their time is coming, and they knew it when she lost the "apparently" un-losable election.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 07:17 pm
@coldjoint,
funny you should mention Banana Republic. Plump is really trying to head us that way.
PS Trump, in a true democracy, woulda lost the election.
Builder

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 07:25 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
in a true democracy, woulda lost the election.

Good thing the founding fathers understood the math, and made it fairer for everyone.

A bunch of recent arrivals in one state do not, a democracy make.

Besides, it's a democratic republic, but yeah, even you should know that.
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 08:12 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
True democracy is mob rule. Our Constitution adjusts and prevents that kind of rule.

You are one of the best meme mouthers I have ever come across, cj.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 08:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I think #45 is right to feel concerned - the old-skool conservatives seem to have run out of patience with him and don't care who knows
Sure, he's right to be concerned (about a hell of a lot of things). I'm not sure who you mean by "old school conservatives". Do you really suppose that this op/ed would have happened if GOP electoral chances were not heading toward the toilet? Outside of a very small few, the GOP machine has been consistently supportive of Trump. Principle has been nearly totally absent.
Quote:
I feel like the NYT was taken for a ride or hoped they could catch a ride on Woodward's coat tails.
If I was an editor at the Times or any other major paper that had received such an unprecedented dispatch from a senior administration individual, I would feel it a clear duty to publish it.
Builder

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 10:25 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Outside of a very small few, the GOP machine has been consistently supportive of Trump.

That's called cohesion and team support.

Not surprised that you find it confusing, considering that these traits have been non-existent since HRC bought her passage in the DNC.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Thu 6 Sep, 2018 11:23 pm
Trump is starting to believe the readings of the tea leaves that the Russian woman gave.

Donald Trump at a Montana rally: "If I get impeached it's your fault."

www.businessinsider.com/trump-impeached-demand-supporters-montana-rally-2018-9

Talk about shifting responsibility.

A rather short-thoughted quote from his appearance in Billings...

Quote:
"...If it does happen it's your fault, because you didn't go out to vote. "

"You didn't go out to vote, that's the only way it could happen."

Of course it could turn out all the voters show up and the majority vote Democrat. I guess old Donny didn't consider that.
gungasnake

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 12:09 am
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41019848_10156961415288623_1392188751072985088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=918e15ee60c64ee018ab1b67d55593ee&oe=5C20244D
blatham

Fri 7 Sep, 2018 12:30 am
More on the NYT op/ed
Quote:
The people who have settled on this course may not care about corruption or efficient government. But it is the risk of democratic accountability—that voters will punish Republicans—that really terrifies them. The way to keep the country and the world safe would be to allow the country’s democratic mechanisms to function: to come forward and explain what Trump is really trying to do publicly; let Congress and voters remedy the situation one way or another. But the political toll the Republican Party would suffer as a result would be severe.

The GOP governing class is trying to circumvent that penalty by creating a paper trail of innocent pleas. We lost our way embracing Trump, but we were also the ones holding things together. Without that narrative laid in advance, there’s no place in a post-Trump GOP for any collaborators.
Brian Beutler I hope at least some of you folks are following Beutler's work. He's a very smart fellow.