monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frugal1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 08:17 pm
@blatham,
A Gumby Adventure
0 Replies

Frugal1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 08:19 pm
POTUS calls on @realDonaldTrump to please stop creating jobs for at least the next 17 days.

"It's really overshadowing our farewell tour".
0 Replies

layman

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 08:21 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

As far as I can find out they're amateurs and this is their own shtick. Their material appears to be spontaneous and goes right to the-heart of the matter on every point. Their delivery is wonderful & interactions hilarious. Real talent, refreshing candor. I love it !

In a lot of these videos the one on the right (not sure which is which, really) plays the "yes-girl," who basically just says "amen" to everything the other one says. You get the feeling that she really doesn't have much to say, or add, and that she is just "tagging along."

But that's just part of the act. Actually, she is probably the more articulate of the two, which shows when she takes a more dominant role in some of their pieces.
georgeob1

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 08:25 pm
@layman,
I saw a bit of that that in an interview they had with a female news commentator, Judge Jeanine or something like that. They're sisters, both smart, articulate and very wise in my view. .... and very funny. I'm still trying to find out more about them.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 15 Jan, 2017 11:44 pm
Here's some interesting info not well publicized.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.al.com/articles/19928773/sons_of_talladega_college_grad.amp?client=safari
0 Replies

layman

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 12:03 am
This black man says the reason Clinton lost the election was because she told people they had to change their religious beliefs, and people heard her. He also has some comments about John Lewis, Al Sharpton, and others that make sense.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5283286180001/?#sp=show-clips
layman

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 02:03 am
@layman,
This guy, who marched with John Lewis back in the 60's. He also has some revealing comments about Lyndon Johnson's "great society."

Walter Hinteler

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 02:57 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
This guy, who marched with John Lewis back in the 60's.
Even he only says that he "was involved in the Civil Right Movement" - and that is doubted by those, who were involved.

Any source for your claim that he marched with Lewis?
layman

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 03:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Any source for your claim that he marched with Lewis?

Yeah, that video.

Quote:
Even he only says that he "was involved in the Civil Right Movement" - and that is doubted by those, who were involved.

Maybe you need a hearing aid, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 03:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Now how about you tell me, eh, Walt? Who, exactly, by name was "involved" that "doubts" that Owen was "involved?'

Got a source for that? Any single name of a person who makes that claim?
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 04:48 am
Owens is a lunatic
Quote:
Mr. Holder could have physically shredded a copy of the U.S. Constitution at the podium that evening, and it would not have been a more eloquent statement of how far he and the president are willing to go in order to impose a radical homosexual agenda to redefine marriage on our entire nation.
WashTimes

Quote:
In an interview with Janet Mefferd yesterday about his call for the impeachment of Attorney General Eric Holder, pastor William Owens insisted that President Obama is “anti-Christian” and the worst president in at least the last 75 years.

“We elected the wrong black president,” Owens said. “His strategy was, ‘If I get the Catholic Church, I can get all the churches because of their size; let’s knock them off, we’ll get all of them.’ He’s anti-Christian, he stands up for no Christian values whatsoever.”
RWW

And Adam Serwer has much more background on the guy including:
Quote:
But surviving leaders of the Nashville civil rights movement, who spoke with Mother Jones, have no recollection of Owens.
MJ
giujohn

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You guys don't know anything about me. We're financially better off than the majority living on this planet. I've traveled to over 80 countries, all five continents, and have friends in many countries including Russia. I have met many famous people including entertainers and politicians.
Just from a2k, I have met joefromchicago, Walter and Ulla Hinteler in Lippstadt, Sergey in Moscow, fbaezer in Mexico City, Lindsay Hamilton in London, Bashir Samma in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania, georgeob1 and Cyclo in San Francisco, JPB in Chicago, Frank in NYC, edgarblythe in Houston, Francis from Paris, Jane from San Diego, and Prince from London.
I've flown to the top of Mt Everest, soaked my feet in the Dead Sea, landed at Esperanza Base in Antarctica, knelt at the spot where Jesus was born, walked on the Great Wall of China and the Forbidden City, been to the top of the Empire State Building and Sear's Tower, the Eiffel Tower, saw the supposed grave of Columbus, been to the top of the Berlin Tower, Shanghai Tower, the Sydney Tower and bridge, cruised on the Great Barrier Reef, flew over Igassu Falls, cruised on the Nile, the Volga in Russia, the Yangse in China, the Elbe in Germany, the Siene in Paris, have cruised across the Atlantic twice, and been on two African safaris. Yes, my life has been very limited, because I wish I had done more.

OH YEAH? IVE BEEN TO EVERY WAL-MART IN MY ZIPCODE...TWICE!
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:15 am
Some labor secretary, this boy.
Quote:
At first, Andrew F. Puzder’s California story sounds like one of the state’s sunny dreams come true: Midwestern lawyer stumbles into burger business, nurses storied chain back to health, wins industry plaudits and record profits.

But Mr. Puzder became an outspoken critic of his adopted state because of its vigorous workplace regulations. The mandatory rest breaks required by California made no sense, he felt, leaving restaurants understaffed when a rush of customers came in. His company paid millions of dollars to settle class-action lawsuits that accused it of cheating workers.

He spoke out against labor laws intended to benefit hourly workers like the ones who serve shakes and mop floors at Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s, the chains he runs.

“California has gone really from being this golden state, the state of opportunity, to being a kind of nanny state,” he said in 2009. “You can’t be a capitalist in this state.
NYT
Yeah. Capitalism is dead in California. You just never see it there anymore. It's Karl Marx top to bottom.

Apparently, what this jerk means by "capitalism" is the totally-unfettered-by-government-regulations definition.

The key ugliness here (aside from the guy's greed and selfishness) is the presumption and ideology that "freedom" is to be found only where income-generating operations have over-arching control of government along with its laws and regulations.

But unions are instruments of freedom. They allow employees to organize and fight for their freedom from conditions of servitude.
layman

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:22 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Owens is a lunatic

Heh. Anyone can listen to the man on that video and know that he is not a "lunatic." Of course it is typical for homosexuals to absolutely demonize anyone who does not loudly support their radical agenda.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:26 am
Quote:
In comments that are likely to create fresh tensions with the United States’ closest European allies, President-elect Donald J. Trump described NATO as “obsolete” in an interview published on Sunday and said other European nations would probably follow Britain’s lead by leaving the European Union.

Mr. Trump has made similar comments before. But the fact that he made them in a joint interview with two European publications — The Times of London and Bild, a German newspaper — and did so days before assuming the presidency alarmed European diplomats.

“I took such heat when I said NATO was obsolete,” Mr. Trump said. “It’s obsolete because it wasn’t taking care of terror. I took a lot of heat for two days. And then they started saying, ‘Trump is right.’”
NYT
Let's note that this guy has repeatedly criticized NATO, the UN and America's own intelligence agencies while at the same time defending Russia at every turn. So maybe some really serious investigations of his administration's relationships with Russia and Putin are in order, just maybe.

And then there's that bolded portion. This guy has no moral capacity. It's not a feature of his personality.
farmerman

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:32 am
@blatham,
Some half decent news from the Tweeter-in-Chief. In his recent open discussions re health care hes been saying that his health care will have insurance for ALL , and will grant the ability for congress to negotiate with drug companis for bst prices for meds.

This is something that the GOP rank-qnd-file hqs been against ever since they lobbied the ACA to have such "price negotiation" removed from the ACA.

maybe Trump is a closet DEM.
blatham

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:38 am
@farmerman,
It is possible that Trump will produce some good consequences here and there but if so, I'm guessing it will be a rare occurrence. 10 to 1 he will, for example, later clarify that he meant or said, "insurance available for all".

We'll see.
layman

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:50 am
@blatham,
Health insurance costs will diminish substantially after Trump exterminates all the cheese-eaters who run up hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills with quacks in an attempt to provide "proof" that they are disabled and therefore entitled to demand large monthly checks from SSI for the rest of their sorry lives.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 06:01 am
@blatham,
Some coverage on this health insurance this morning in NYT and WP I'm just reading now. No details of any sort, of course. Here's an example from the WP piece on how language gets used to confuse
Quote:
House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) and other Republicans have been talking lately about providing “universal access” to health insurance, instead of universal insurance coverage.
WP

Further, from the same piece, Trump wants Congress to move quickly on tax cuts which works directly against the financial backing of the ACA.

But the real problem for the Trump/Ryan crowd is coming up with any sort of plan at all that will maintain present coverage levels and not look very much like the ACA. There's a reason the GOP has not been able to come up with a plan for seven ******* years.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 06:09 am
Once The Wall is complete, a lot of collateral problems with be solved.

For example, we can take all our worst criminals, the murders, the rapists, the drug dealers, etc. down to Texas and then catapult them over the wall into the Rio Grande.

Everyone wins! They will be free, and should feel right at home in Mexico. We never see them again and save billions on incarceration costs, eh?
0 Replies