monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

ehBeth

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 03:08 pm
@Baldimo,
What does American politics have to do with Canadian universities?
ehBeth

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 03:16 pm
@Baldimo,
I get the distraction approach. It can be entertaining - but not relevant.
Baldimo

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 03:28 pm
@ehBeth,
It doesn't state that it is about US politics only, it also says relevant contemporary events. I think this ties in to relevant contemporary events when similar tacts are being used on US universities for the same aims, silence those who don't agree with a specific point of view. This also relates to c-16 in Canada and how once again similar things are trying to be pushed here in the US.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 03:30 pm
@ehBeth,
Also I thought it was relevant since this thread was started by a Canadian about American politics.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 03:37 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Nov. 16 Lindsey Shepherd creates an account on Twitter, saying Made this Twitter to address the Laurier situation in my own words. Otherwise, I do not really use social media.”

Re: those claiming I have a right-wing agenda: Unfortunately, you have missed the point. Freedom to circulate ideas and debate current affairs is everyone's issue. I am a leftist. But I do not represent the leftism of Rambukkana/Pimlott, who believe in shutting down opposition.

She quickly amassed a large following (over 18,000 at the time of publishing).

ov. 24 – Another petition – titled “Wilfrid Laurier University Faculty Petition” – is launched by Laurier professor, Greg Bird, on Change.org.

The petition serves as a call to action, asking the administration to issue a statement saying that “these actions will not be tolerated on our campus. That transphobia and all other forms of hate targeting persons on the basis of gender identity and expression are being carefully monitored and actions of harassment are reported to the relevant authorities.”

This petition currently has over 350 supporters.

Who knew there could be a whole 350 confused "transgenders" on one campus, eh?

0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 03:51 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJelt1j_EJw
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 03:54 pm
My advice to President Trump:

Do not seek to curry favor or any sort of relationship with the current rogue government of England; help the English people obtain the means to bring that government to an end.

https://fenixx.org/2018/06/09/paul-weston-tommy-robinson-the-traitor-class/

coldjoint

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 04:05 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
the current rogue government of England;

Unfortunately it is not rouge. The people have been stupid enough to elect losers and spineless apologists. The citizens that recognize the dangers and stupidity of multiculture and object to the appeasement of Islam are shouted down or jailed.

Free speech is dead in the UK. The media conspires with globalists and the citizen(subject) is only tolerated if he or she conforms.

coldjoint

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 04:37 pm
Quote:
Media Fact Checkers: Stop Pretending to Fact Check Trump's Comments on Iran

Quote:
Dear media fact checking hacks,

1. President Trump didn't originate this story. You're not fact checking him. You're fact checking the chairman of Iran’s parliamentary nuclear committee and a member of its national security and foreign affairs committee.

2. Repeatedly calling the FOX News story "dubious" is not fact checking. It's as "dubious" as any story that relies on foreign sources. That's what much of the media does in its foreign reporting.

3. Quoting Obama officials denying this disproves nothing. Not when Obama officials were repeatedly caught lying about the Iran Deal.

4. Looking at citizenship figures isn't definitive either. An administration capable of smuggling a fortune in foreign currency on unmarked cargo planes to the Iranian regime could easily hide the relevant statistics within a bureaucracy that it controlled.

Do we know for sure that it happened? No. It's a claim made by a high level Iranian official. You know, the guys that Obama insisted we had to trust not to go nuclear. Did you disprove it didn't happen by spending 5 minutes emailing former Obama Iran Deal people? Nope.

If you want to disprove it, declassify and release all documents about the Iran Deal and all correspondence involving it. Then it'll be disproven.

Right now all you're doing is spinning for Iran and its Democrat allies as you've been doing since Day 1.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/270652/media-fact-checkers-stop-pretending-fact-check-daniel-greenfield#.Wz5bY18cnm8.twitter
0 Replies

layman

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 05:18 pm
Quote:
Federal judge strikes down 'troubling' California sanctuary state law

A federal judge halted enforcement of a "troubling" California law protecting illegal immigrants on Thursday.

Mendez, an appointee of President George W. Bush, agreed with the Trump administration that California can no longer enforce a law prohibiting employers from allowing immigration officials on their premises unless the officials have a warrant.

Calling that provision a "troubling" restraint that places employers in a "precarious situation," Mendez said the state had overstepped its authority by "impermissibly discriminat[ing] against those who choose to deal with" federal authorities.

The Constitution's Supremacy Clause precludes California from actively interfering with federal immigration authorities, and Mendez said the workplace provision crossed that line.

The U.S. government sued the state in March as part of a broader effort to crack down on sanctuary jurisdictions.

Multiple city and county councils have voted to join the Trump administration’s lawsuit against the state, or fight the state's policies in other ways.

California had asked Mendez to dismiss the administration's lawsuit, which Governor Brown has called reckless.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 05:28 pm
The beatdown is ON!

Quote:
Philadelphia police break up encampment outside ICE building

Thursday was the fourth day protesters had camped out in front of the ICE offices.

Social media videos showed officers pushing their bikes through the encampment, toppling tents, tarps and camping chairs and sending protesters scrambling amid the chaos.

Hahahahaha.

0 Replies

layman

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 05:40 pm
They saved them so they could arrest their sorry ass, eh? 9 less cheese-eaters on the street, too!

Quote:
Border Patrol rescues 64 illegal immigrants inside tractor trailers

Border agents with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) rescued more than five dozen illegal immigrants who were trapped inside sweltering tractor trailers over the weekend as they were being smuggled into the country, officials said Thursday.

In five separate incidents, Border Patrol — which polices the border between ports of entry — arrested 64 people who had entered the U.S. illegally. They also arrested nine American citizens who allegedly aided their trip across the border.

The agency also announced Thursday its agents arrested about 42,600 people along the border in June — an 18 percent drop from the nearly 52,000 arrests made in May.

The Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy, which resulted in the separation of hundreds of families, may be a factor in the decline in illegal border crossings.

What do you call it when almost 100,000 foreign invaders cross your border? I call it an act of war.

0 Replies

NSFW (view)
gungasnake

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 07:29 pm
https://freedomoutpost.com/rod-rosenstein-blackmailing-members-of-congress/
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 07:37 pm
@coldjoint,
It might come to some sort of a point in some of those countries where the people who actually give a rat's ass stop caring about elections. My understanding is that if our own revolution had ever been put to a vote, it would ave lost badly.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 08:05 pm
Quote:
Never Trumpers Are Jumping the Shark

Quote:
Max Boot has a Washington Post column titled, “Someone Please Pay Attention to Me”. Actually it’s titled, “I left the Republican Party. Now I want Democrats to take over.”

Lest there be any doubt.

Boot is the latest of a series of Never Trumpers to pull this particular stunt. And this stunt is Peak Never Trump. Once you’ve pulled it, what else is there?

Good question. They have made themselves clear, why persist? It is getting very, very little attention and even less results.
https://bluntforcetruth.com/news/never-trumpers-are-jumping-the-shark/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 08:14 pm
Quote:
Trump to Montanans: ‘Tester Doesn’t Share Your Values’

Considering the values progressives have change with their needs they really have no values at all. People see that.
Quote:
“I see Jon Tester saying nice things about me, but I say, ‘But he never votes for me,’” the president said of Tester’s votes against most of the Republicans’ top agenda items. “Tester doesn’t share your values. … Jon Tester says one thing when he’s in Montana. But I’m telling you … he does the exact opposite.”

Trump made clear at the event in Great Falls that he still holds a grudge against Tester over the failed nomination of Ronny Jackson, a Navy rear admiral and the president’s former military physician, to become Veterans Affairs secretary. Tester brought to public light allegations from whistleblowers about questionable management and conduct against Jackson that led to his decision to step aside.

“Tester showed his true colors with his … attacks on a great man, a friend of mine. … I sort of feel guilty about this whole thing,” Trump said. “Jon Tester said things about him that were horrible and not true. That’s probably why I’m here. I won Montana [in 2016] by so many points, I don’t have to come here.”

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/trump-montanans-tester-doesnt-share-values
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 09:13 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBuZaZapH7A
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 5 Jul, 2018 09:54 pm
Finally some truth at CNN.
Quote:
Far-Left CNN Commenter Laughs at Abuse of Kid Wearing a MAGA Hat

This is how they feel. The Left thinks violence is necessary and acceptable to use. And they think it is funny. Just terrible people.
http://www.independentsentinel.com/far-left-cnn-commenter-laughs-at-abuse-of-kid-wearing-a-maga-hat/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 6 Jul, 2018 03:05 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Planned demonstrations will commence on the evening of Thursday 12 July at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire and in London's Regent’s Park, where the US ambassador’s residence is and where some believe the Trumps will be staying.

Further protests will take place at Chequers on Friday morning, before the main event outside the BBC’s headquarters in central London at 2pm.

Marchers from organisations including the TUC, Stop the War, Friends of the Earth and Momentum will then proceed down Regent’s Street to Trafalgar Square for a gathering at 5pm.
[...]
Protests are being held there too in anticipation – in Glasgow on Friday and Edinburgh on Saturday, where organisers are promising “a carnival of resistance”, with anti-Trump fairground-style games promised among the attractions.
The Independent: Trump UK visit: Where are the protests against the US president taking place?