monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 05:27 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Quote:
"For the President to say the EU was 'set up to take advantage of the United States, to attack our piggy bank,' or that 'NATO is as bad as NAFTA' is not only factually wrong, but proves to me that it's time to go," he wrote, citing Trump's reported comments in recent weeks that have unnerved U.S. allies.

If we help someone out, and they repay our kindness by spitting on us and calling us invaders, are they really our allies? Should we continue to help them out while they continue to treat us that way?

Actually, you should ask ambassador (ret) James D. Melville why he thinks, such doesn't work with "Foreign Service Officer’s DNA".

He is free to post an answer to my questions if he wishes to do so.
layman

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 05:32 pm
@oralloy,
Melville done got a little too attached to the Eurotrash that have been buying him drinks and supplying him with free ho's for years, I figure.
0 Replies

nimh

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 05:51 pm
@coldjoint,
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Denounces Anti-Semitic Campaign Volunteer: ‘No Idea Who This Guy Is’

NYC Councilman Mark Levine, who beat this Lopez-Pierre weirdo last year, noted that:

Quote:
Thomas Lopez-Pierre has been showing up unwanted in campaigns for years, and frequently jumps into pictures with people who don't know who he is. Let's give @Ocasio2018 a chance to denounce him and his brazen anti-Semitism before jumping to conclusions.

Ocasio-Cortez responded:

Quote:
Thank you for this opportunity and your graciousness here. No idea who this guy is, hundreds of folks walked into the hall open to the public last night. I absolutely denounce any such bigoted and reprehensible statements.
coldjoint

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 05:56 pm
@nimh,
Quote:
Thank you for this opportunity and your graciousness here. No idea who this guy is, hundreds of folks walked into the hall open to the public last night. I absolutely denounce any such bigoted and reprehensible statements.

She does not seem to have much of a memory, or is just trying to become a more accomplished liar. She did not grow up in poverty or without privilege as she has claimed. There is a post explaining that in another thread. Her family was not poor.
0 Replies

nimh

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 06:06 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I don't think there was anything in your post that would suggest that either. "Quisling" is a widely recognized reference to one who betrays his/her country, not a Nazi.

Disingenuous. Layman didn't metaphorically call Merkel "a Quisling", he specifically referred to the actual historical figure: "Merkel will be known as a disgraced traitor to her country, right up there with Quisling". Who was exactly what Walter described him as.

So basically, you misread Walter's post; you're corrected about that; so you proceed to accuse Walter of misreading Layman's post... by yourself misreading Layman's post. Okay.
georgeob1

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 06:19 pm
@nimh,
Nonsense. The phase layman used, and which you quoted, makes it clear he was referring to her as a traitor, and NOT a Nazi. That was my point.

You are looking for something that isn't there.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 06:42 pm
Walt said that I said, that Merkel was "equal to" a Nazi.

Round these here parts "equal to" means "the same thing as."

But, the way I figure it, she won't equal him, she will surpass and supplant Quisling.

Quisiling will soon be forgotten. In future generations people won't refer to some traitor as a quisling. They will call him a Merkel, instead.

My own damn self, I think I'll start right now by noting that there are thousands of merkels running around ICE centers right now, calling for "no borders, no nations." I mean, like, how much more merkely can ya get, I ax ya?
coldjoint

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 06:52 pm
@layman,
Quote:
They will call him a Merkel, instead.

I think they will call him an Obama. Not that Shakespeare is read in our schools largely because he was white. But a rose by any other name........ they are all traitors.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 07:01 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez...

I'll give that Babe credit for one thing: She's kinda HOT, eh!?

Hotter than a lot of the 28 year old bartenders I've met in my day.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 07:17 pm
But she's just a part of a conspiracy to entrap Trump. The Democrats are planning to send her to the Oval Office as an envoy from congress.

Needless to say, he'll end up grabbing her pussy, and then they'll all act like he did something wrong.

But, I mean, like, who wouldn't?

You can't deliberately give someone an irresistible temptation, then just keep flauntly it in front of them, and then accuse THEM of doing something wrong, so this is just another plot which will backfire on the Democrats, I figure. They will be exposed for what they truly are.

the Supreme Court, regarding entrapment, wrote:
SCOTUS unanimously reversed the conviction of a North Carolina factory worker who gave in to an undercover Prohibition officer's repeated entreaties to get him some liquor. It identified the controlling question as "whether the defendant is a person otherwise innocent whom the government is seeking to punish for an alleged offense which is the product of the creative activity of its own officials".

See what I'm sayin? That's entrapment.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 09:15 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
No telling what Russia will gain with the Trump/Putin summit. Bad times....

As I have noted, Russians have been rounding up demokkkrats in US port cities like Baltimore and Houston for some sort of a scientific study of primitive people at the University of Moscow. It would be a win/win sort of a thing for President Trump to assist them with that project ("Как можно вам помогать в этом деле??") President Trump has to speak at least a little bit of Russian from all those years in NY.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36453792_10212545652704023_4011611179448270848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=051f0b3c9b98f9f9402b815b4d9a83ea&oe=5BEC81E1
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:05 pm
@nimh,
nimh wrote:
So basically, you misread Walter's post; you're corrected about that; so you proceed to accuse Walter of misreading Layman's post... by yourself misreading Layman's post. Okay.
It does seem so.

And not just Merkel's CDU has problems with the populist-right-wing party AfD, all the other democratic parties have it, too.
coldjoint

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
populist-right-wing party

It is catching on isn't it? I heard even the Swedes are upset.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:49 pm
@coldjoint,
Right-wing populists have been in Scandinavia's parliaments for many years.
To what are you referring exactly?
coldjoint

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:54 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
To what are you referring exactly?

Populism surging in Europe. And please do not tell Austria is full of Nazis.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:02 pm
@coldjoint,
Well, I was more referring to your "even the Swedes are upset" and not to the country 2,000 km south of Sweden.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:04 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

What the hell has Germany ever done to protect the freedom and independence of Ukraine, or, for that matter, to eject Putin from Crimea?

Germany is Putin's prime facilitator in Europe, even to the extent of championing the joint construction of an oil pipeline under the Baltic to enable Russian gas exports to bypass Byelorussia and Poland .

Major league hypocrisy here.

I honestly hope you don't believe what you stated above.. You've mentioned a military background and I find it difficult that you would not understand the treaty's, agreements, NATO membership and the complicated tapestry of cooperation between allies and member nations. The Ukraine made overtures to join NATO as early as 1994 and applied in 2008...however it was shelved after Viktor Yanukovych came to 'power'. I'm pretty sure (I hope) that you have stayed current with the situation and if you have you really shouldn't be tossing red herrings to the the folks that can't find Russia on a map.

It's OK if you think the Democrats are your enemy (shortsighted perhaps and just a tad arrogant) and I'm fine with your preposterous notion that you have been imbued and graced with a rarefied intellect that rivals the Divine. Everybody has met a glorious blowhard who revels in his superior (sic) me-ness and manages to cultivate and collect these hapless sycophants who are so beaten down by their self-imposed limitations that you appear like a savior...a sage, a leader who can bestow glory and relevance to them. And the apex for these unfortunates is watching you insult in utter smarmy distain other people who are very well informed.

I desperately tried to lard up my post with unnecessary and overly florid verbiage ....but the sisters of Notre Dame de Namor beat all that drama queen pretentious ostentation out of me. So, it's difficult for me to mimic a Jesuit educated man who had all Jesuit conciseness beaten out of him whilst progressing thru the Ranks of the US. Navy brotherhood of Peacocks.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 1 Jul, 2018 03:04 am
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36411831_2123890081269536_3717107166042128384_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=26f299d6fbb0e6eb0691269191ae3694&oe=5BAB2D08
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 1 Jul, 2018 03:20 am
http://www.reportingthetruth.com/putin-to-launch-independent-internet-free-from-new-world-order-censorship/

http://www.pravoslavie.ru/sas/image/102855/285570.p.jpg?mtime=1520427888