monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frugal1

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:09 pm
EXIT POLLS PROVE: Obama's REAL Job Approval 👉28%
ossobucotemp

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:12 pm
Bernie, I missed some of the discourse about John Lewis - likely already here in the thread. Can you give me a link, no hurry.
blatham

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:13 pm
@old europe,
Quote:
Trump's thought process seems to have been "Black guy in Congress? He's obviously representing a district which is in horrible shape, falling apart and crime infested!"

And I suspect he thinks that the folks who come to his rallies and cheer hold similar notions.
0 Replies

old europe

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:13 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
I didn't write that Obama was not enforcing any immigration law.

No, you wrote that the Obama administration was "refusing to enforce immigration law at all."

Do you think people are unable to scroll up a couple of posts, George?

georgeob1 wrote:
I believe immigration issues are a matter of some dispute in your country as well. Are you off the deep end about that?

It wouldn't be a georgeob1 post without some gratuitous jingoism, would it?
georgeob1

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:16 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:
I believe immigration issues are a matter of some dispute in your country as well. Are you off the deep end about that?

It wouldn't be a georgeob1 post without some gratuitous jingoism, would it?

What do you call your comments to us??
blatham

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:18 pm
@ossobucotemp,
This Politico piece will get you the basics, osso
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-john-lewis-233630

0 Replies

old europe

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:32 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
What do you call your comments to us??

Reality based.

Disputing an obviously baseless claim like "the Obama administration has been refusing to enforce immigration law at all" does not equal a belief that my native country is superior to yours. It's quite puzzling how you would ever arrive at a conclusion like that.

Meanwhile, you've completely abandoned the topic at hand, presumably to focus on your pet topic of "Foreigners have no standing to participate in a debate amongst Americans and voice any kind of criticism. Because they're foreigners."

You're a textbook jingoist, George.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:36 pm
From Publisher's Weekly
Quote:
John Lewis's MARCH Trilogy Slipcase Set is now the number one overall bestselling book on Amazon

I wonder if Trump will bring this up at his next ego-gratification-assembly as an example of the powerful influence he is already exerting on education and on the economy?
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:43 pm
Eric has a fine ear for determining what will and what will not cause a disruption between Trump and his fans

Quote:
Eric Kleefeld ‏@EricKleefeld 11m11 minutes ago
Wait, does anybody really think that Trump hiring prostitutes to piss on each other for his amusement would've damaged him with core voters?
glitterbag

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:46 pm
@blatham,
Sad but true. Just more boy talk. And it's not like it was a bj in the Oval Office that he lied about, sober up folks.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:48 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Not surprisingly, polls show that upward of 70 percent of American women nationally now rate Trump unfavorably.

I'm just surprised it's not any higher. A crotch grabbing, misogynist, still has women support.

Even blacks support Trump; the textbook racial bigot.

0 Replies

blatham

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:54 pm
Quote:
While many U.S. states have mandates and incentives to get more of their electricity from renewable energy, Republican legislators in Wyoming are proposing to cut the state off from its most abundant, clean resource—wind—and ensuring its continued dependence on coal.

A new measure submitted to the Wyoming legislature this week would forbid utilities from providing any electricity to the state that comes from large-scale wind or solar energy projects by 2019. It's an unprecedented attack on clean energy in Wyoming, and possibly the nation. And it comes at a time when such resources are becoming cheaper and increasingly in demand as the world seeks to transition to clean energy to prevent the worst impacts of climate change.

The bill's nine sponsors, two state senators and seven representatives, largely come from Wyoming's top coal-producing counties and include some deniers of man-made climate change. They filed the bill on Tuesday, the first day of the state's 2017 legislative session. Activists and energy experts are alarmed by the measure, which would levy steep fines on utilities that continue providing (or provide new) "non-eligible" clean energy for the state's electricity. But they are skeptical it will get enough support to become law.
Inside Climate News
Isn't that just special. Scumbags.
cicerone imposter

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 05:57 pm
@blatham,
Are the people of Wyoming just sitting back and accepting the republican control of energy?
blatham

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 06:03 pm
@glitterbag @ci

This is a thing I've found terrifying - how a certain portion of the right continues to follow Trump no matter how deep into the **** he'll lead them.

This is made even more tragic and scary given that many other Republicans are standing against Trump, publicly, on principle.
blatham

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 06:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm not that familiar with polling in Wyoming but the GOP is who they vote for there and Dems hold almost no seats anywhere.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 06:06 pm
@blatham,
If we aren't careful, we will be kissing that whole notion of 'land of the free and the home of the brave' away.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 06:18 pm
This is cool. The Bush girls write a very nice letter to the Obama girls.
http://time.com/4632036/bush-sisters-obama-sisters/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter
roger

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 06:21 pm
@blatham,
Ah yeah. I do miss the fun loving Bush girls.
blatham

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 06:21 pm
Some conservative intellectuals just rise to the top on merit.

Quote:
Dinesh D'SouzaVerified account
‏@DineshDSouza
OVERRATED DEMOCRATS DEPT: So Rosa Parks wouldn't sit in the back of the bus--that's all she did, so what's the big fuss?
blatham

Sat 14 Jan, 2017 06:25 pm
@roger,
I think you probably knew that Jane's daughters went to the same private school at the same time as the twins. Back then, they were mean girls. But that's clearly no longer the case. Kudos to them.
0 Replies