monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Wed 11 Apr, 2018 07:55 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
You really should give that 'Killary' stuff up

I will when they put her (Killary) in jail.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 11 Apr, 2018 08:01 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:
Would it be against the law or constitution for the Senate or House to rehire Mueller and his team to conduct an investigation (if he were fired)?

No legal obstacles that I can see. I think it would be OK if they did that.

maporsche wrote:
Those co-equal branches of government have subpoena power, oath-taking testomoney, and the ability to conduct investigations too right?

Yes. But one thing they don't have is the power to prosecute criminal charges in court. Prosecution is an executive function.

Since the only point of all of this is to abuse prosecutorial powers to try to harm the Trump Administration, hiring Mueller as a legislative officer would not serve the Democrats' purposes.
0 Replies

Real Music

Wed 11 Apr, 2018 11:01 pm
https://i.imgflip.com/13mehr.jpg
izzythepush

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 01:12 am
Quote:
A US TV and radio commentator is off the air after threatening a Florida shooting survivor with sexual assault.

In a tweet, Jamie Allman had said he was "getting ready to ram a hot poker up David Hogg's ass".

KDNL-TV accepted the resignation of the St Louis, Missouri, broadcaster on Tuesday while radio channel KFTK cancelled his morning talk show.

Mr Hogg is a survivor of the Parkland high school shooting in February and a vocal anti-gun campaigner.

Mr Allman, a conservative commentator, posted the tweet on 26 March.

His page was locked shortly afterwards but a photo of the post has been widely shared online.

Sinclair Broadcast Group, owner of KDNL-TV, announced Mr Allman's resignation and the cancellation of his show The Allman Report in a short statement.

Sinclair owns roughly 200 local television stations across the US.

Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Entercom Communications - operator of KTFK - said the radio station has "parted ways" with Mr Allman and cancelled his show.

Mr Allman is not the first conservative commentator to attack David Hogg.

Laura Ingraham, host of The Ingraham Angle on Fox News, has lost a number of advertisers and was forced to apologise after mocking Mr Hogg for reportedly not getting into the California universities to which he applied, and for his grades.

Ms Ingraham took a week's leave after tweeting her apology.

However, Mr Hogg has in fact received an offer from UC Irvine, a University of California school in Orange County.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43724889
Lash

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:02 am
@Real Music,
It really does seem to be happening.
blatham

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:04 am
@izzythepush,
It was the red hot poker up the bottom that sunk him. If he'd said that he wanted to shoot the student with an AK 47, he'd be fine.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:06 am
@Lash,
Knock on wood.
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:26 am
@Real Music,
I betcha republicans wish they had superdelegates now.
revelette1

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:32 am
@Real Music,
As Oliver said, knock on wood, quick.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:38 am
Hannity incites the base to engage in a civil war if Meuller indicts Trump (for anything, I guess)
Quote:
SEAN HANNITY (HOST): This country is headed towards a civil war in terms of two sides that are just hating each other and if Robert Mueller wants, there’s a big red button in the middle of the table. And if Robert Mueller is so pompous and so arrogant and so power hungry and so corrupt that he’s going to hit the red button and he’s going to ignite a battle that we’ve not seen in this country before. You think it’s, and I’m not talking about a war, I’m talking about, in terms of, there’s going to be two sides of this that are fighting and dividing this country at a level we’ve never seen and you’re going to basically have two sides in America, those that stand for truth and those that literally buy into the corrupt deep state attacks against a duly elected president and that’s what it’s going to be.
MM
blatham

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:40 am
The latest in our collection of Very Stable Genius photographs

https://i1.wp.com/thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/gettyimages-944298092.jpg?resize=1280%2C960px&ssl=1
revelette1

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:44 am
Quote:
Stephen K. Bannon, who was ousted as White House chief strategist last summer but has remained in touch with some members of President Trump’s circle, is pitching a plan to West Wing aides and congressional allies to cripple the federal probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to four people familiar with the discussions.

The first step, these people say, would be for Trump to fire Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, who oversees the work of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and in recent days signed off on a search warrant of Trump’s longtime personal lawyer, Michael Cohen.

Bannon is also recommending the White House cease its cooperation with Mueller, reversing the policy of Trump’s legal team to provide information to the special counsel’s team and to allow staff members to sit for interviews.

And he is telling associates inside and outside the administration that the president should create a new legal battleground to protect himself from the investigation by asserting executive privilege — and arguing that Mueller’s interviews with White House officials over the past year should now be null and void.

“The president wasn’t fully briefed by his lawyers on the implications” of not invoking executive privilege, Bannon told The Washington Post in an interview Wednesday. “It was a strategic mistake to turn over everything without due process, and executive privilege should be exerted immediately and retroactively.”

WP
blatham

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:57 am
Quote:
Republicans Are Trying to Use Impeachment to Scare Their Base to the Polls
A thoughtful read from Ed Kilgore Here
thack45

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 06:57 am
Defensive Don, on the asshole's social media platform Twitter, masterfully sidestepped the notion that he was projecting his intentions toward Syria
Quote:
“Never said when an attack on Syria would take place. Could be very soon or not so soon at all! In any event, the United States, under my Administration, has done a great job of ridding the region of ISIS. Where is our ‘Thank you America?’”

And if there's one thing wrong with the true givers of the world, it's that they don't go around throwing their good deeds in the recipients face and asking for some recognition and gratitude
blatham

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 07:02 am
@revelette1,
It's no surprise that Bannon, with his extremist nationalism and preference for authoritarian governance, would hold that stance. But we're without a good measure of whether Trump and his legal team will be influenced by Bannon even if Trump believes he's being victimized in the manner Bannon advances.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 07:03 am
@thack45,
I hope you aren't suggesting Trump is in this for himself?
blatham

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 07:14 am
Quote:
Barack and Michelle Obama are the most admired people in the U.S., according to a YouGov survey of admired figures across the globe.

The former president and first lady also landed second place for the most admired people in the world.

President Trump was the second-most-admired man in the U.S., but only gained an admiration score of 10.7 percent compared to Obama’s 24 percent. Trump landed the 17th spot on the list of most admired men globally, behind figures like Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Hillary Clinton was the fourth-most-admired woman in the U.S. and fifth-most-admired worldwide.
Hill
0 Replies

thack45

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 07:23 am
@blatham,
https://i.imgur.com/IABenLN.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 07:25 am
@revelette1,
Another point on Bannon, as Maggie Habberman tweets
Quote:
Are folks not getting that this is all coordinated? Bannon/diGenova/Dobbs etc

0 Replies

blatham

Thu 12 Apr, 2018 07:33 am
IBM has ceased advertising on Laura Ingraham's show, the 23rd sponsor to have left.
0 Replies