monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

coldjoint

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 11:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Its out of fashion to trade racist statements about afro americans , so youre just keeping up the rants against Muslims and Mexicans.

They are not rants, they are facts. What is out of fashion is seeing things for what they are, which are facts in their own right.

I suggest you either come up with something else than the usual virtue signaling bullshit or just don't bother to reply.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 12:01 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
The dead driver's name is Jens R. from Münster.
coldjoint

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 12:04 pm
Quote:

Trump, US hit new heights as trust in left freefalls

Back to the topic
Quote:
President Donald Trump’s approval rating has soared above 50 percent while his conservative agenda continues to lift America above its competition in more ways than one – giving every indication that the left’s control of the media, education system and entertainment industry is not winning over the majority of Americans.

Oh Oh.
https://www.onenewsnow.com/politics-govt/2018/04/07/trump-us-hit-new-heights-as-trust-in-left-freefalls?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 12:05 pm
@farmerman,
But he certainly expressed deep sympathy with the victims, their families and friends.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 12:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Jens R.

Is " R." a common last name in Germany?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 12:21 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
He was a graphic designer. (In Germany, the presumption of innocence applies until a final conviction has been handed down. Whoever is suspected of having committed an offence may therefore generally not yet be identified by full name or picture, thus just "R.")
coldjoint

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 12:27 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
(In Germany, the presumption of innocence applies until a final conviction has been handed down.

In the UK you are charged with murder for killing an intruder, I do not care what you think of your legal system, I see Europe as a bad example of what to do, but a good example of what not to do.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 12:34 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
The Minister of the Interior of our (my) state just officially declared that the perpetrator was a German citizen. According to the investigations until now, there is no Islamic background.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 12:37 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I suggest you either come up with something else than the usual virtue signaling bullshit or just don't bother to reply.
...........ill make a note of that. Probably wont do no good, Im an ornery s.o.b and telling me what to do only redoubles my tasteless assertions.
So your pinkness why dont you just ignore me and I can remit my responses to Bernie's colloquium without you even knowing what I qy about you and you will remain un-offended
Walter Hinteler

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 01:01 pm
@coldjoint,
We have indeed stronger privacy laws here (especially) and in Europe (generally) than e.g. in the USA.
But I'm glad that you personally don't hide behind a screen name, Mr. coldjoint (are family commonly written in lower case in the USA?), but spread your insults and offenses openly - the courageous person you are.
coldjoint

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 01:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
If you understand privacy so well I have been exposed with this same screen name. My name and address are out there. And you have insults confused with facts. You cannot tell me that negative news about Islam is not purposely avoided in Germany. Well you could, but you would be lying.

And my courage is not in question, yours is.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 01:13 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
why dont you just ignore me

What makes you think I do not ignore what you say? I have made it quite clear. Just had to call out your tactics, disingenuous is disingenuous.
farmerman

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 01:15 pm
@coldjoint,
were you talkin to me then?
coldjoint

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 01:16 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
were you talkin to me then?

All kinds of lame there. You never let me down.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 01:23 pm
For your viewing pleasure.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 02:56 pm
https://www.thenation.com/article/donald-trump-actually-thinks-hes-popular/

some snips

Quote:
Thursday’s Rasmussen daily tracking poll had the president’s approval rating falling to 47 percent, with 51 percent of those polled expressing disapproval. On Friday, when Trump was saying “it’s now 51,” his Rasmussen approval rating was actually 47 percent, while his disapproval number had risen to 52 percent.

In other words, the survey firm that the president has been busy thanking for doing “honest polling” is telling us that his approval rating has gone down in a week that saw talk of a “trade war” with China and mounting calls for the removal of scandal-plagued Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt.

But it’s actually much worse than that for Trump. Rasmussen is just one pollster. All the rest of the recent polls from major survey research groups show Trump with a double-digit polling deficit. Some have his approval rating falling into the 30s. The Real Clear Politics average of recent polls provides the clearest picture: As of Friday morning, Trump’s approval rating was at 41.5 percent. His disapproval rating was at 54.6 percent. That’s a 13.1 percent deficit.

That’s also well below the level of support Trump got when he lost—let’s reemphasize: lost—the popular vote in 2016. In that year’s presidential race, Trump secured 46.1 percent of the vote to 48.2 percent for Democrat Hillary Clinton. Clinton received almost 3 million more votes than Trump, and that was after she faced an onslaught of criticism and attacks during the 2016 campaign.

Why should Americans worry that their president keeps deceiving himself—and his fellow Republicans, in Congress and in the states where GOP-backed candidates are being rejected with growing frequency—about these approval ratings?

Because this is a president who, we are told, trusts his instincts. If Trump really believes his approach to governing is popular, if he really imagines that his popularity is “still rising,” he is more likely to keep doing what he is doing.

The fact is that Trump’s instincts are wrong, as are his policies. They are not making him more popular. He may experience temporary fluctuations in his approval ratings, but they are never great—or even all that good. In fact, when it comes to approval ratings, it certainly looks like Trump’s best days were back in November of 2016, when he was on the losing end of a 54-46 measure of popular sentiment.

ehBeth

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 02:59 pm
@ehBeth,
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Friday, April 6
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
President Trump Job Approval Rasmussen Reports Approve 47, Disapprove 52 Disapprove +5

Thursday, April 5
Tennessee Senate - Blackburn vs. Bredesen Middle Tn. State Univ. Bredesen 45, Blackburn 35 Bredesen +10

Wednesday, April 4
President Trump Job Approval Reuters/Ipsos Approve 41, Disapprove 56 Disapprove +15

President Trump Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 41, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +14

2018 Generic Congressional Vote Economist/YouGov Democrats 43, Republicans 36 Democrats +7

2018 Generic Congressional Vote Reuters/Ipsos Democrats 43, Republicans 34 Democrats +9

Congressional Job Approval Reuters/Ipsos Approve 20, Disapprove 69 Disapprove +49

Congressional Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 11, Disapprove 70 Disapprove +59

Direction of Country Economist/YouGov Right Direction 35, Wrong Track 55 Wrong Track +20

Direction of Country Reuters/Ipsos Right Direction 34, Wrong Track 57 Wrong Track +23

Monday, April 2

President Trump Job Approval Harvard-Harris Approve 44, Disapprove 56 Disapprove +12

President Trump Job Approval IBD/TIPP Approve 38, Disapprove 56 Disapprove +18

President Trump Job Approval Gallup Approve 39, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +16

2018 Generic Congressional Vote Harvard-Harris Democrats 45, Republicans 34 Democrats +11

Direction of Country IBD/TIPP Right Direction 43, Wrong Track 55 Wrong Track +12

Direction of Country Rasmussen Reports Right Direction 38, Wrong Track 55 Wrong Track +17

ehBeth

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 03:03 pm
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/04/trump-staffers-freaking-out-even-more-than-usual-right-now.html

all interesting but this Shocked

Quote:
3. Trump’s advisers, despairing of their inability to educate the president, have taken to using television as the preferred vehicle for their tutelage. The Washington Post reports that Jeanine Pirro’s Fox News program is the show of choice for this purpose. “Aides sometimes plot to have guests make points on Fox that they have been unable to get the president to agree to in person. ‘He will listen more when it is on TV,’ a senior administration official said.” Pirro duty is considered important enough that “officials rotate going on Pirro’s show because they know Trump will be watching — and partially to prevent him from calling in himself.”

smh
coldjoint

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 03:06 pm
@ehBeth,
So far has any of this stopped him? He seems to be plugging away at what he was voted in to do. I guess the relevance of those polls is in question.
0 Replies

thack45

Sat 7 Apr, 2018 05:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Perhaps they might try a puppet show...