monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

MontereyJack

Fri 30 Mar, 2018 11:04 pm
@coldjoint,
Given the Trump administration's secrecy and lies, the only way we can really find out what the government is inflicting on us is through leaks.
coldjoint

Fri 30 Mar, 2018 11:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Given the Trump administration's secrecy and lies,

Even the press that hates him say how accessible and transparent he is. Time to bone up on your rhetoric.
glitterbag

Fri 30 Mar, 2018 11:20 pm
@coldjoint,
You need to restate that last remark. Trump can't be transparent, he doesn't know who he is or what he thinks....he just want attention and he doesn't care what kind of attention he gets. Hang on, he reminds me of you!!! No wonder you folks are such big fans.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 30 Mar, 2018 11:21 pm
@coldjoint,
Haven't you figured out yet that soundsighted is someone's sock puppet?

He/She has cliches like a bum has lice
coldjoint

Fri 30 Mar, 2018 11:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Haven't you figured out yet that soundsighted is someone's sock puppet?

There must be a lot of socks.
Builder

Sat 31 Mar, 2018 05:14 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
There must be a lot of socks.

There's seven "regulars" on this thread, so it could just be Finn, Lash, Walter and you, with three puppets in tow.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 31 Mar, 2018 06:16 am
How Steve Bannon used Cambridge Analytica to further his alt-right vision for America (CNN)

Excerpt:

Quote:
Wylie said that Bannon's plans began to solidify in 2014, when Cambridge Analytica consulted various Republican campaigns and PACs ahead of the midterm elections. The company began to test and apply its psychographics by using Facebook data to model individuals' personality types in order to understand how to influence them.

Documents show the John Bolton Super PAC, which promoted candidates supported by recently appointed White House national security adviser John Bolton, paid Cambridge Analytical $454,700 in 2014 for "behavioral microtargeting with psychographic messaging." Those services included strategies that broke individual voters into "clusters" based on what messages would resonate with them.

Wylie also said the company used focus groups and messaging trials in 2014 to test some of the concepts that became core themes of the Trump campaign, such as "drain the swamp" and imagery of walls.

"A lot of the narratives of the Trump campaign were what we were testing in 2014," Wylie said.

He added that Bannon directly presided over much of the company's initial research.

"Everything that we were doing ultimately had to be passed up to Bannon for approval," said Wylie, who left the company in late 2014.

Wylie said Bannon would fly to London about once a month for company meetings, and during that time he came to understand Bannon's ideology.

"He really liked the idea of using a military-style approach to changing people's perceptions," Wylie said.
0 Replies

maporsche

Sat 31 Mar, 2018 08:07 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Given the Trump administration's secrecy and lies,

Even the press that hates him say how accessible and transparent he is. Time to bone up on your rhetoric.

What press has said that, specifically?
farmerman

Sat 31 Mar, 2018 09:13 am
@maporsche,
pinky is a an alumnus of the Trump UNIVERSITY's "School of Alternative Facts"
Walter Hinteler

Sat 31 Mar, 2018 09:17 am
@maporsche,
Trump accuses Amazon of ‘Post Office scam,’ falsely says The Post is company’s lobbyist

I've question about this "Post Office scam": why is the US Post loosing money here? (At least, according to what Trump says)

Here, in Germany, amazon delivers all letters with Deutsche Post (DHL), most small parcels and parcels with the same company or with Hermes (a German parcel delivery company). Both companies make a lot of profit from this business, but can't deliver all parcels within time. Thus, amazon delivers these parcels via "Amazon Logistics", their own parcel delivery service (using local and region parcel delivery service's personal = they like this, too)
thack45

Sat 31 Mar, 2018 11:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I've read several articles about this, and it seems that while Trumpo could have legitimate beef with Amazon, anything other than his spurious USPS angle would put him at odds with many of his billionaire buddies. No, this looks like just another thinly veiled attempt to use his position, and ultimately the US government, to inflict damage to what he views as a political adversary. If only Zuckerberg owned the New York Times...
coldjoint

Sat 31 Mar, 2018 11:49 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
pinky is a an alumnus of the Trump UNIVERSITY's "School of Alternative Facts"

The fact that he (Trump) is president is not alternative fact. When you start to deal with that fact get back to me.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 31 Mar, 2018 01:13 pm
@farmerman,
Best be careful farmerman.

The Monitors may be on the alert for juvenile name calling ("pinky") now that
Setanta has reported coldjoint for same.
coldjoint

Sat 31 Mar, 2018 01:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Setanta has reported coldjoint for same.

Did I upset him? Burn out is, as burn out does.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 31 Mar, 2018 07:30 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I've question about this "Post Office scam": why is the US Post loosing money here?

The US Postal Service been sabotaged by unfriendly legislation that requires them to build up a massive retirement fund for their employees.

A large retirement fund for employees sounds like a good thing. But this one is so unrealistically large that payments to it perpetually keep the Post Office in debt every year, even when they would normally show a decent profit.

I suspect that some day in the future this large fund is going to be raided by Congress and used for other purposes.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 31 Mar, 2018 11:28 pm
@oralloy,
Well, that's the same here, since 1872.

But nobody would make the wins of Deutsche Post from their parcel and letter service responsible for the DHL-groups payments for the payments to the mandatory health insurances and pension fonds. (The the US Postal Service has enjoyed double-digit increases in revenue from delivering packages, but that hasn't been enough to offset pension and health care costs I've learnt by now. And I've read, that similar to the situation here, as well as the Post Office, Amazon uses FedEx, UPS and other services.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 1 Apr, 2018 12:44 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Don't tell lies (ha, I might as well tell the sun not to rise). I did not report taht member for name-calling.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 1 Apr, 2018 01:06 am
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

I've read several articles about this, and it seems that while Trumpo could have legitimate beef with Amazon, anything other than his spurious USPS angle would put him at odds with many of his billionaire buddies.

Not all of them.

Quote:
It is unprecedented for a sitting president to single out one company for such vicious attacks, says the BBC's Business Correspondent, Joe Lynam.

Friends of Mr Trump in the commercial property sector have also been urging him to protect them from digital retail giants as they see shopping malls closing and rents falling, our correspondent adds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43606088<br />
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 1 Apr, 2018 05:53 am
If you haven't seen this story on Sinclair Broadcasting stations' broadcasters all reading from the same script given to them by Sinclair as mandatory broadcasting content, it will freak you out. It will freak you for good reason. It is probably the most obvious example of straight-out propaganda I've ever seen. Watch Here

This is not a rare event for Sinclair. And folks better wise-up to the danger this represents.