monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

maporsche

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 02:28 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Keep laughing, but when you're done, maybe you can explain why I'm wrong.

Two words, human nature.

Human nature? Maybe use more than two words.
Olivier5

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 02:30 pm
@coldjoint,
No, it's obvious. No constitution should be worshipped as superior to man. It's just a piece of paper with words on it, a few sentences in English, nothing more. It's not a god and was not written by gods.
glitterbag

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 02:34 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Yes, this one is just weird. There's obviously some dirty secret underlying the action of booting the guy out without giving him a chance to grab his jacket and then immediately taking him on as a campaign official.

If it's financial crimes the fellow is guilty of, then it makes sense this administration would not have found this out during vetting given how acutely concerned they are regarding corrupt individuals being part of the administration. Am I right or am I right?

I often think that this administration can’t surprise me, then 30 or 40 minutes pass and suddenly another story like the one Walter and Blatham referred to pops up on my cell phone, computer and television. I think I’m going to buy stock in blood pressure medication, and clean up.
Below viewing threshold (view)
BillW

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 02:36 pm
@revelette1,
rev, I guess you accept successes one at a time. Especially when, as in this case, that win is a Town Crier. Eminem was once a "he who shall not be named" supporter.
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 02:37 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Human nature? Maybe use more than two words.

You really think that guns will disappear in a matter of decades? The only way guns will disappear when they are replaced by something else like tasers that kill. Technology will not let us down. And that is the way it goes.

Disappear? Where did I say that?

Are you trying to argue with me, or with someone else. Cause you're not arguing anything I'm saying.
BillW

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 02:42 pm
@blatham,
It's a crime family!
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 02:44 pm
@coldjoint,
Because you're idolizing a piece of paper.
coldjoint

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 02:48 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Because you're idolizing a piece of paper.

If our schools still taught civics a lot more people would feel that way. And it is the principles and laws, it could be on an I-Pod, This is the most successful country the world has known. Deal with it.
BillW

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 02:55 pm
https://pics.me.me/imgflip-com-nothing-to-see-here-move-along-inglis-17902604.png
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 03:02 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Disappear? Where did I say that?

You said in decades criminals would have a hard time getting guns. That is a ridiculous statement. For that to happen all guns would have to disappear.

If gun shops closed up tomorrow, everyone would have a more difficult time getting guns. Over decades (40, 50, 60 years) and years and years of gun buybacks and people with arsenals dying off and their kids not wanting to keep their guns and guns breaking down the number of guns on the street would reduce each and every year. Each year it would get more difficult to get guns. Criminals and gang bangers would be caught with weapons, the police would seize them and they'd be off the street.

It would take time, but eventually the number of guns would be a tiny fraction of what it would be today.

I'm not suggesting that this is something we should do, but it's a simple fact that if you banned guns, over time, they'd become harder and harder to get.

You're not actually arguing that if guns were banned that in 50 years there would be the same or more guns in the hands of criminals are you?
maporsche

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 03:11 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

You're not actually arguing that if guns were banned that in 50 years there would be the same or more guns in the hands of criminals are you?

A criminal just needs one gun. And yes, people who want a gun will get a gun.

Riiiiiiight.....

Now, I'm the one laughing.
maporsche

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 03:19 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Now, I'm the one laughing.

I would say you are dreaming, I suppose you can laugh in a dream.

You're the one trying to convince others that basic economic principals don't work.

I will agree that you won't ever get every gun off the street and out of criminals hands, but you could get a whole heck of a lot of them.

Maybe criminals will set up a gun-sharing program when they have trouble finding enough guns to do their crimes. Jim gets the gun on Monday from 9-10pm. Kyle gets it from 10:15-11:00pm. Steve's got a job out of state and needs it from 11:00pm to 2:00am. Oh damn, Kyle got nabbed by the cops and the gun was seized....guess the other 4 criminals tonight have to find other means.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 03:20 pm
@coldjoint,
You're highly successful at killing your own children, I grant you that.
lmur

Tue 13 Mar, 2018 04:44 pm
From Twitter:

“EX-EXXON TEXAN EXEC REX NEXT EX-SEC”
0 Replies