monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
jcboy

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 06:48 pm
tRump congratulated Elon Musk’s successful rocket launch and said it showed American ingenuity at it’s best. Elon Musk was born and raised in the shithole country of South Africa but he’s white so its all good.

This administration gives free passes to white men, pedophiles, domestic abusers, just to name a few.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 07:20 pm
https://www.wired.com/story/bob-muellers-investigation-is-largerand-further-alongthan-you-think/
BillW

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 07:25 pm
@ehBeth,
This is along the lines of what I believe. What if Mueller lets someone leak the "piss tape" he got from Russia; what happens then? Does tRump shutup then? Doubtful!
ehBeth

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 07:45 pm
@BillW,
I'd really like to know what's happening on the state v federal level. That's where I think the action will be.
camlok

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 07:45 pm
@layman,
Quote:
"Chomskys response to Osama bin Ladens calculated strike on a building

OBL had nothing to do with 911. There was never any evidence provided by the US government or the UK government. OBL denied his involvement a number of times. Had he actually been involved he would have said so.

There is also zero evidence for the existence of the alleged hijackers.

In fact there is no evidence for any of the alleged planes to be the ones that allegedly crashed at the four sites the USGOCT says.
ehBeth

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 07:47 pm
@ehBeth,
http://www.businessinsider.com/new-york-attorney-general-files-100-trump-lawsuits-2017-12
Real Music

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 07:52 pm
Donald Trump Float Kick Me parade. HILARIOUS!

layman

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 07:57 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

OBL had nothing to do with 911. There was never any evidence provided by the US government or the UK government. OBL denied his involvement a number of times. Had he actually been involved he would have said so.

There is also zero evidence for the existence of the alleged hijackers.

In fact there is no evidence for any of the alleged planes to be the ones that allegedly crashed at the four sites the USGOCT says.

Is that you, Chompsky?
camlok

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 07:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I still remember how the liberals and Muslims joined in their glee over all the innocent Americans killed on 9/11.

Pure, unadulterated lies.

====================

Trump, Carson on 9/11 ‘Celebrations’

https://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/trump-carson-on-911-celebrations/

Donald Trump’s widely discredited claim that Muslims in New Jersey were seen on TV cheering the 9/11 terrorist attacks — and Ben Carson’s initial support of Trump’s remarks — has resulted in even more false claims, as both candidates try to explain their statements:

Trump doubled down on his false claim that he saw on TV “thousands and thousands” of Muslims cheering in New Jersey. He demanded an apology and cited as his support one news story about an alleged incident that was unattributed, unverified and not televised.
Carson later clarified his remarks about 9/11, saying he was talking about news footage of Muslims celebrating overseas, not in New Jersey, and blaming the media for having an “agenda.” He’s revising history. He was asked twice if what he saw was in New Jersey, and he said “yes” both times.
It was in a Nov. 21 speech in Alabama that Trump first made his claim about Muslims in New Jersey celebrating the fall of the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.

Trump, the leading Republican presidential candidate, told his audience: “Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering. So something’s going on. We’ve got to find out what it is.”

A day later, on ABC’s “This Week,” Trump insisted: “It did happen. I saw it. It was on television. I saw it. There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down.”

There is no evidence, as others have pointed out, that thousands of people in New Jersey cheered the attacks on 9/11. PolitiFact and the Washington Post gave Trump’s claim their worst ratings.

The fact is that New Jersey and New York news organizations tried to track down rumors and unverified reports of celebrations in New Jersey cities and turned up little or nothing.

The Star-Ledger, New Jersey’s largest newspaper, wrote on Sept. 13, 2001, about “persistent rumors — repeated all day on talk radio and on the Internet” — that Muslims were celebrating in the streets of Paterson, New Jersey. That story did not contain any mention of Jersey City nor did it provide any evidence that the rumors in Paterson were true.

The New York Daily News dispatched a reporter to Paterson shortly after the attacks to investigate the same rumors and came up empty. In a Sept. 14, 2001, story, the Daily News quoted an unidentified police officer saying there were no public celebrations in Paterson. “I patrol these streets every day and I haven’t seen one person with a smile on their face at the mention of this tragedy,” the officer told the Daily News. “The people here are suffering and mourning like everyone else.”

On Sept. 18, 2001, the Associated Press wrote that federal investigators had returned to Jersey City — specifically to the neighborhood that had been “home to a mosque where blind sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman preached before he was convicted of plotting the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and other New York City landmarks.” But there was no mention of any 9/11 celebrations in Jersey City. Instead, the paper wrote of “Arab-Americans [who] decried the terrorist attacks, and told of harassment they had suffered in the past week.”
camlok

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 08:12 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Who knew that "distasteful" was a synonym for "treasonous," eh?

It is treasonous to lie and lead troops into illegal invasions of sovereign nations. That was the case for Iraq and Afghanistan. Anyone with a brain and an ounce of human compassion would feel as the gentlemen from Salon felt.

That is exactly the feelings America and Americans are supposed to have, feelings for the oppressed. And few have been more oppressed that the people of I and A by the USA.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 08:12 pm
@camlok,
Nice try, cheese-eater. Pasting a long-ass tale from an obvious partisan don't help none.

Long ago I re-posted a bunch of then-current newspaper articles about cops making arrests at a muslim-dominated apartment house in Jersey where a crowd of muslims were found celebrating on the roof. They had lawn chairs set up, kegs of beer, and the whole shebang.

Your source somehow never saw that, eh? Never looked for it, or just refused to read it when he saw it, ya figure?
camlok

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 08:14 pm
@layman,
Evidence to you is like garlic or a cross or the sunlight to vampires.
BillW

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 08:35 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I'd really like to know what's happening on the state v federal level. That's where I think the action will be.

You know that he cannot pardon anybody at the state level? Also, Fynn's plea bargain gets pulled if he does not cooperate with state prosecutions also!
0 Replies

layman

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 08:35 pm
@layman,
Just one of many available accounts:

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Some Jersey City Muslims did celebrate 9/11, cop and residents say

The NJ Advance Media inquiry, encompassing more than two dozen interviews conducted since Nov. 25, found Trump's broad assertion that thousands of people cheered to be baseless.

At the same time, the inquiry provides the first credible indication of at least two celebrations, as described by on-the-record sources who say they witnessed the behavior.

"When I saw they were happy, I was pissed," said Ron Knight, 56, a Tonnele Avenue resident who said he heard cries of "Allahu Akbar" as he shouldered his way through a crowd of 15 to 20 people on John F. Kennedy Boulevard that morning.

A retired police captain, Peter Gallagher, said he cleared a rooftop celebration of 20 to 30 people at 6 Tonnele Ave., a four-story apartment building with an unobstructed view of Lower Manhattan, in the hours after the second tower fell. "Some men were dancing, some held kids on their shoulders," said Gallagher, then a sergeant. "The women were shouting in Arabic and keening in the high-pitched wail of Arabic fashion."

Numerous people called police to report an exultant crowd on the roof of 2801 John F. Kennedy Blvd., a distinctive, five-story apartment building at the intersection of Sip Avenue, said retired officer Arthur Teeter, who worked in the radio room at police headquarters on Sept. 11.

Officers were dispatched to the address at least twice but were delayed getting inside because the front door was locked, said another retired officer, Bruce Dzamba.

The building was cited in a Sept. 16, 2001, WCBS television news clip in which reporter Pablo Guzman, citing unnamed sources, said federal officials had detained eight men seen cheering on the roof.

Three additional officers who remain on the Jersey City force said they witnessed small groups of Muslim celebrants on Sept. 11, but they would not speak for attribution, citing a department policy that prohibits media interviews.

The officers, including a high-ranking official, said their reluctance to speak publicly also stemmed from concern they would run afoul of Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop, who has repeatedly said celebrations did not take place.

"I saw it with my own eyes," the ranking officer said. "In the end, police officers are professionals, so we just observed that stuff and sucked it up."

Eleven other officers claimed to have been witnesses to celebrations in postings on Facebook after Trump resurrected the issue, but they either declined to speak for attribution or did not return calls seeking comment.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/12/exclusive_jersey_city_cop_residents_say_some_musli.html

The cheese-eatin politicians denied it, and did their best to suppress the truth, but the truth always comes out, ya know?
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 8 Feb, 2018 08:48 pm
@layman,
You are so partisan that you didn't even read it. That is oh so typical of conservatives who desperately want their propaganda to be the truth.

There were many newspaper reports at Fact Check.org. Many newspapers did follow up studies and found nothing, zippo.
0 Replies