monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Cycloptichorn

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 01:38 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

No righty will believe her and they'll excuse him. Say there's no evidence and that it happened so long ago that it's probably not true.

Then a couple posts later they'll believe everything about Weinstein or Spacey and demand their jobs/heads.

This is exactly what I see happening in right-wing comment sections.

Cycloptichorn
Builder

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
*Sighs* I find it amusing that if people don't like what has happened to the DNC and the way they screwed up the last election, then they must be a "righty".
maporsche

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:09 pm
@Builder,
That’s not what’s happened.
hightor

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:12 pm
@Builder,
non sequitur
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:13 pm
@maporsche,
I didn't mention you, specifically, but I've been labelled a Tory, a Trump lickspittle, among other things here. I don't think much at all of the Don. He wasn't even amusing when doing "reality" television.

But I do understand completely how he came to be in his current role.

It's rather stunning that those who supported his opponent, do not.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:21 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

*Sighs* I find it amusing that if people don't like what has happened to the DNC and the way they screwed up the last election, then they must be a "righty".

That may be true, but it wasn't what I was referring to in this instance.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:33 pm
https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/201711/n_maddow_avirginia_v2_171108_1920x1080.video_380x254.jpg

Notice if you will the shift in gender. This is a very good thing. We really need more women in politics. Everywhere.
blatham

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:38 pm
Discussion/chat by political staff at NYMag on what the GOP will or might do re the Roy Moore allegations. This is a bright crowd, so attend if you're interested Link Here
ehBeth

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 04:48 pm
@blatham,
Fun read.

McCain sure isn't mincing words.
blatham

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 05:22 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
McCain sure isn't mincing words.

What an odd man he is.
oralloy

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 08:55 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
If they are mentally competent, why does the check have to be mailed to someone else?

The Democrats were not targeting people where the check had to be mailed to someone else. They targeted everyone where the check just happened to be mailed to someone else. In the case of the veteran mentioned in the article, the check was mailed to his wife because she was the one who managed their finances.

That said, a case where someone is really bad at math or just bad at keeping their checkbook balanced might be a reason to require that the check be mailed to someone else.

The ability to balance your checkbook is not a requirement for safe gun use.
0 Replies

Real Music

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 09:02 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
We really need more women in politics. Everywhere.
AGREED
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 10:43 pm
Listen up. Everyone needs to be warned about this.
Quote:
Right Wing Watch‏Verified account
@RightWingWatch
Jim Bakker warns that the constant attacks on Trump will lead to God unleashing his judgment on America.
blatham

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 10:50 pm
Today's edition of Voices From The Right
Quote:
Jennifer Rubin‏Verified account
@JRubinBlogger
If suburban women were mad on Tuesday when they turned out in droves, what happens when they hear R's defending pedophilia?

0 Replies

Kolyo

Thu 9 Nov, 2017 11:21 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Listen up. Everyone needs to be warned about this.
Quote:
Right Wing Watch‏Verified account
@RightWingWatch
Jim Bakker warns that the constant attacks on Trump will lead to God unleashing his judgment on America.

I won't let that happen!

I will pray, 5 times day...
blatham

Fri 10 Nov, 2017 03:17 am
@Kolyo,
That will help, certainly. But pray really, really loud so god can hear you over the plaintive screams from Roy Moore.
Walter Hinteler

Fri 10 Nov, 2017 03:55 am
@blatham,
There's no praying needed at, because "there’s just nothing immoral or illegal here".
“Take the Bible. Zachariah and Elizabeth for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist.”
“Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”
(All quotes from the Washington Examiner report: Alabama state auditor defends Roy Moore against sexual allegations, invokes Mary and Joseph)
Builder

Fri 10 Nov, 2017 03:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Hmmm, but Mary was an "immaculate conception", right?

That makes Joseph the surrogate father?
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 10 Nov, 2017 04:17 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, I'd read those remarks. Horny Republican middle-aged theocrats who like to get naughty with young teenage girls are my very favorite people.
farmerman

Fri 10 Nov, 2017 04:47 am
@blatham,
why is that?? Do we have to turn you in to the Appalachian Morality Squad?