monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 06:33 pm
Texas was in a drought. There was only one practical solution to the problems that arose from this weather phenomenon. Rick Perry met this challenge head on and called for a Prayer Day.

And soon he'll be in charge of nukes.

The I/T people in heaven are gearing up for a level of prayer worldwide that, one spokesangel said, would "put strains on our prayer receipt systems like we haven't seen since, oh, probably the Flood. That was something, let me tell you. At first we thought it was a denial of service attack".

giujohn

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 06:33 pm
@blatham,
Do any idiot liberal think the stock market would hit 20000 if Hillary had won?
giujohn

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 06:37 pm
@blatham,
Stop lying. The DOE is not in charge of nuclear weapons...Nuclear waste yes.. Launching war heads ,no.
0 Replies

tony5732

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 06:44 pm
@Frugal1,
This was definitely worth watching.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 06:54 pm
Quote:
‘Rationality Seems to Have Fallen Out of Vogue’: Snopes’ Managing Editor Talks Fact-Checking With NYT
“People don’t know what to believe anymore."
LINK
Well, yeah. Except for the use of that agentless verb form, "fallen out". It is actually being hit over the head with a hammer and shoved off a cliff.
0 Replies

Blickers

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 07:13 pm
@giujohn,
The stock market doubled under Obama. Funny you don't mention the stock market until there's a short bump after Trump gets elected.
reasoning logic

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 07:26 pm
0 Replies

georgeob1

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 07:44 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

blatham wrote:

georgeob1 wrote:
However it is simply a fact that Muslim nationa, almost without exception, have long been far less tolerant of either unbelief or other religions than have Christian ones.

I'm not prepared to accept what you've said in this post because you provide no references and because I don't trust your data sources.

The willful blindness of zealots and bigots is unacceptable. It's not so easy to sweep history under a rug and pretend it doesn't exist. The inhumanity and intolerance of Christians over the centuries (and even at the present time) is well documented. Any claim to moral superiority, like georgeob1's claim, is simply dishonest.

Amusing.
=> Blatham disputes my assertion about the relative differences between religious tolerance in the Western, Christian world and in the Moslem nations, because I offered no references, and he wouldn't trust my sources anyway. had I done so.

=> Now Debra calls me a bigot, and dishonest. Then she affirms the counter proposition suggesting that the "inhunanity and intolerance" over the centuries is a Christian thing, and herself offers no sources or references. (Though her evident lack of historical knowledge is astounding)

Meanwhile the episodic slaughter of Christians and other non Muslims continues in the Middle East continues, and the practice of Christianity remains either prohibited or subject to frequent violence throughout in even the currently relatively peaceful parts of the Moslem world.
reasoning logic

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 07:56 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Meanwhile the episodic slaughter of Christians and other non Muslims continues in the Middle East continues, and the practice of Christianity remains either prohibited or subject to frequent violence throughout in even the currently relatively peaceful parts of the Moslem world.

Do you ever wonder if the time might be ripe for other religions to act like Some So-called Christians did during the Crusade?
blatham

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:17 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
he wouldn't trust my sources anyway. had I done so.

That would depend entirely on what those sources are. If you turned to Bernard Lewis, I'd read it. If you turned to Frank Gaffney, I wouldn't.
georgeob1

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
There was continuous warfare between Moslem and European Christian nations from the birth of Islam until the late 19th century, of which the Crusades were but a part.

No I do not wish to see any religious wars or persecutions of anyone.
reasoning logic

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:20 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
No I do not wish to see any religious wars or persecutions of anyone.

Do you think it would be as bad if we were to mind our own business and stay out of those countries?

blatham

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:20 pm
Interesting read from Tim Alberta at NRO http://www.nationalreview.com/article/443236/donald-trump-conservatism-right-wing-future

It's longish but gives a good peek into the various conservative interest groups (eg Freedom Caucus, Paul Ryan) and how they are moving about with Trump as the president-elect.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:24 pm
@giujohn,
What has Hillary have anything to do with the stock market?
georgeob1

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Do you think it would be as bad if we were to mind our own business and stay out of those countries?

Yes, only the details would be different
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:28 pm
Today's winner of our prestigious Yuk Yuk Yuk award
Quote:
Sean SpicerVerified account
‏@seanspicer Sean Spicer Retweeted Chris Geidner
It's sad that @BuzzFeedBen condones this attack on Christ on such a holy day for Christians. @BuzzFeed must apologize

Quote:
Sean Spicer ‏@seanspicer Dec 25
Sean Spicer Retweeted David Mack
Christ is the King. He was born today so we could be saved. Its sad & disappointing you are politicizing such a holy day.

Indeed. The politicization of Christmas. How inappropriate. And rare too.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:32 pm
@Blickers,
The Fed is responsible for about 40% Obama maybe 10%. Who's responsible for the rest? Corporate America. In 2013 the S&P 500 was trading at about 16 times the earnings of its constituent members. That is to say, the market has boomed so much in large measure because corporate profits have boomed so much. From $1.2 trillion in 2009, corporate profits have risen every year—hitting about $2 trillion in 2012. Meanwhile, U.S. companies have never had more cash than they do today. And they’re using a portion of their hoard to buy back stock and pay dividends, which further supports stock prices.
blatham

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:43 pm
Oh goodness. From the Times of Israel
Quote:
Report: Netanyahu to be investigated for bribery, fraudPolice ask A-G to turn months-long secret inquiry into full-blown investigation as new documents come to light
LINK

He has seemed on edge lately. But I doubt any police or judicial findings will lead to any hesitation in the budding love affair with Donald.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:43 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
he wouldn't trust my sources anyway. had I done so.

That would depend entirely on what those sources are. If you turned to Bernard Lewis, I'd read it. If you turned to Frank Gaffney, I wouldn't.

I know Frank Gaffney: he's a good guy.

Bernard Kewis had a rather dark view of Islam
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 26 Dec, 2016 08:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It wouldn't be approaching 20000 on the knowledge that regulations and taxes would increase with Clinton.
0 Replies