monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:19 am
Chuck "the traitor" Schumer should be expelled from the democratic party, eh? He should just join the republicans and quit defrauding and selling out his voters.

Quote:
Schumer tells Clinton 'blame yourself'

“When you lose to somebody who has a 40 percent popularity, you don’t blame other things -- Comey, Russia -- you blame yourself,” Schumer told the Washington Post. “So what did we do wrong? People didn’t know what we stood for, just that we were against Trump. And still believe that.

Back in May, Clinton said she would take “absolute personal responsibility” for losing presidential campaign -- but went on to blame Comey and Russian interference.

She also mentioned WikiLeaks, the antisecrecy website which some analysts believe to be connected to Russia and which posted the hacked emails of Clinton Campaign Chairman John Podesta.

For some damn reason the "Let's just bash Trump 24/7" strategy didn't work then, and it aint workin now.

Of course it ISN'T Hillary's fault. It's all the fault of the deplorable American voters.
layman

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:38 am
RESIST! Force the government to fail and we'll all be better off. Don't worry, cheese-eaters will come to the rescue. Who says the democrats don't have a message or a plan, eh?

I read where some senator said the democrats are demanding the full 30 hours of allocated debate for confirmation on EVERY Trump nominee. He said that, at that rate, it would take 11 years for Trump to get essential helpers appointed.

Cool! He'll be dead by then, eh!?
0 Replies

layman

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 11:47 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Of course it ISN'T Hillary's fault. It's all the fault of the deplorable American voters.

If you don't believe that, here's the proof:

0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 01:13 pm
Quote:
Donald Trump's son-in-law has defended his conduct in last year's presidential campaign, after giving evidence to a Senate panel investigating Russian interference in the election.
Jared Kushner said all of his "actions were proper and occurred in the normal course of events" of the campaign.
Mr Kushner, 36, has also denied any collusion with Russia.
Speaking at the White House after a closed-door session of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Mr Kushner said he had been "fully transparent in providing all the requested information".
"Let me be very clear - I did not collude with Russia, nor do I know of anyone else in the campaign who did so. I had no improper contacts," he said.
Mr Kushner, who keeps a very low media profile, will appear before the equivalent House of Representatives committee on Tuesday.
In a statement to both congressional committees released before the Senate session on Monday, he said there were "hardly any" contacts with Russian representatives, adding later that there were "perhaps four".
He refers to a meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya in June last year. She had allegedly promised damaging material on Hillary Clinton.
Mr Kushner said he arrived late at the meeting, realised little of note was being discussed and that it was "time not well-spent".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40711436
snood

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 01:47 pm
@izzythepush,
"...we’ve been told that Jared Kushner is going to solve Middle East peace, he is going to run the U.S. government’s China policy, he is actually going to restructure the entire U.S. federal government — when it comes to the ability to fill out forms, keep track of meetings, exercise good judgment in whether or not he should be meeting with these types of officials during the transition period, it’s all of a sudden ‘aww shucks, I’m brand new to politics.’"
-National Security & Legal Analyst Susan Hennessy
izzythepush

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 02:02 pm
@snood,
I can see why Oralloy likes him, he makes the same meaningless boasts about brilliance and that's it. And then he blames his inertia on the media. It's totally mental. He should be making all his mid range appointments so people can start getting to work instead of all this nonsense.
revelette1

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 02:25 pm
I was thinking the other day, I argued and debated the Bush Iraq war and the tax give aways for around 6 years and I don't recall getting so burned out as I have since Trump has been office. I am not ever sure why that is the case. I mean when you think about it, Bush and Iraq war/torture and all the rest was way more terrible than this Russian stuff and Trump. Yet I am completely burnt out and disgusted with Trump and all the people and events connected to him or in support of him here on A2k.

Just saying.
layman

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 02:47 pm
@revelette1,
That's because you gobble up every cheese-eatin slander and distortion that comes down the pike, eh, Darlin?

Wise up, cheese-eater.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 02:47 pm
Takeaways from Kushner's Senate Intel statement (USA TODAY)
Debra Law

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 02:57 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Quote:
A lawyer for Donald Trump says the US president's legal team is not looking at ways he could pardon himself.
"I don't know where this came from. There is nothing to pardon," Jay Sekulow said.
On Saturday, Mr Trump said he had "complete power" to issue pardons, following reports he had asked advisers about the scope of his authority.
Criminal and congressional inquiries are underway into alleged collusion between Russia and Trump's campaign.
Earlier in the week, the Washington Post reported that Mr Trump had inquired about his ability to pardon himself, family members or aides in connection with special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into claims Russia interfered in the US election.
Mr Trump has reportedly been infuriated that the inquiry has widened to consider his finances and close family.
Presidents have broad abilities to issue pardons and Mr Trump could potentially restrict Mr Mueller's investigation.
His tweet said: "While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us. FAKE NEWS."
But Mr Sekulow said they were not looking into the question of pardons.
"We're not researching it, I haven't researched it because it's not an issue we're concerned with or dealing with," he told ABC.
He went on to say whether a president could pardon themselves remains an open question.
"With regard to the issue of a president pardoning himself, there's a big academic discussion going on right now," he added. "From a constitutional, legal perspective you can't dismiss it one way or the other."
A spokesman for the Democratic Party called the reports Mr Trump could pardon himself "extremely disturbing".
US intelligence agencies think Russia tried to help Mr Trump to power. Russia denies this, and the president says there was no collusion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40699441

Trump lawyer said they are NOT researching the issue of pardons and then tells us about their research.
layman

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 02:58 pm
@revelette1,
Aint no question about it, now, eh? Kushner done fessed up to COLLUDING! He admits he shook the russian ambassador's hand when introduced to him and several other foreign ambassadors by the organizer of a rally, so then, there ya have it in stark black and white, eh?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 03:08 pm
The White House's new Communications Director has made his debut through hair and make-up artistry. Trump was so brilliant, of course, to hire that man. You should see Sarah Huckabee's before and after pics at the link below. Amazing. All communication problems are solved now. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
New White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci shared his thoughts on press briefings and the role he will play in the Trump administration with CNN’s Jake Tapper on Sunday morning. He also took the time to comment on White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ hair and makeup regimen.

“For Sarah Huckabee, I want to do everything I can to make her better at that podium. I think she’s phenomenal there now. But like every athlete that is training for the Olympics, every day we have to make ourselves incrementally better,” Scaramucci said. “The only thing I ask Sarah — Sarah, if you’re watching, I loved the hair and makeup person we had on Friday, so I’d like to continue to use the hair and makeup person.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/anthony-scaramucci-sarah-huckabee-sanders-hair-makeup_us_5975f373e4b0e79ec19a9ef6?utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_source=main_fb&utm_medium=facebook&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063
layman

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 03:10 pm
@Debra Law,
Debra Law wrote:

Quote:
"We're not researching it, I haven't researched it because it's not an issue we're concerned with or dealing with," he told ABC.

"With regard to the issue of a president pardoning himself, there's a big academic discussion going on right now," he added. "From a constitutional, legal perspective you can't dismiss it one way or the other."
Trump lawyer said they are NOT researching the issue of pardons and then tells us about their research.

So, being aware of an ongoing "academic discussion" is "research," now?

Who knew?
0 Replies

layman

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 03:16 pm
@Debra Law,
If that Babe would lose about 30 pounds, she would be kinda HOT, eh!?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/170510102030-sean-spicer-sarah-huckabee-sanders-540x304.jpg

I mean, like, take a gander at them luscious lips, know what I'm sayin?
snood

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 03:17 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I was thinking the other day, I argued and debated the Bush Iraq war and the tax give aways for around 6 years and I don't recall getting so burned out as I have since Trump has been office. I am not ever sure why that is the case. I mean when you think about it, Bush and Iraq war/torture and all the rest was way more terrible than this Russian stuff and Trump. Yet I am completely burnt out and disgusted with Trump and all the people and events connected to him or in support of him here on A2k.

Just saying.

If you will indulge me, I will offer
my take on why you are feeling that way...

When we were in arguments with Bush supporters, it at least had the foundation of being a discussion/debate involving two sides with different ideologies - and different ideas about the role of government and the role of the US in the world. Even though the fighting could get intense and sometimes devolve into below the belt attacking, at least you had the mental consolation and security of operating within a certain framework and structure. Hawks v.Doves; Isolation v. Empire; Great Society v. Rugged Individual; etc, etc, etc...
With Trump, none of the underpinnings of civil exchange of ideas or civil conflict are there anymore. Trump has never been a consistent proponent for anything - Except Trump. And people who support and defend him have to contort their arguments to defend something unrecognizable as conservative or christian or sometimes even a sympathetic human.

Trying to carry on an argument/discussion with a Trump supporter is like two people trying to carry a long heavy plank of wood, with only one person holding their end. You have the whole burden, and they have none. They can say anything, lie all the time, and take no responsibility - just like Trump.

I think your exhaustion (and I share it, and suspect many do) comes from having to try to use the same tools of logic, morality and common sense as you ordinarily would, but you have to use them to contend with a phenomenon who has no allegiance to any of those things, - or even to reality itself.

hightor

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 03:20 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Yet I am completely burnt out and disgusted with Trump and all the people and events connected to him or in support of him here on A2k.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Quote:
WASHINGTON — President Trump turned up the pressure on his own attorney general on Monday, calling him “beleaguered” in a tweet questioning why the Justice Department is not investigating Hillary Clinton.

"So why aren't the Committees and investigators, and of course our beleaguered A.G., looking into Crooked Hillarys crimes & Russia relations?"
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 24, 2017

Mr. Trump’s comments are remarkable because if the attorney general, Jeff Sessions, is beleaguered of late it is largely because of Mr. Trump himself.

NYT

Check out the readers' comments on this article. Here's one:

Quote:
Chris Wildman, Alaska

I'd like to see a grouping of all Trump's tweets in which he calls politicians and others childish names, ie, "Crooked Hillary", "Sleazy Adam Schiff", "Little Marco", etc. Incredible that a president would stoop to such name-calling. How could anyone have presumed that this guy should lead our nation? How can anyone continue to defend his absurd behavior?

Bush II, Reagan, hell, even Nixon conducted themselves with more statesmanlike dignity than the current White House occupant.

I, too, am puzzled and disgusted with the behavior of some of Mr. Trump's more rabid defenders on A2K and other forums and I have to make quite an effort not to join in the childish name-calling and juvenile attempts at sarcasm. I brought this up here a week or so ago and got accused of "having a stick up my posterior", received an unsolicited analysis of my psychopathology, and got the full GOP "what about" treatment — something like "bobsal posted cartoons and you all were fine with that." All this from someone I used to respect. To hell with it.

blatham is right — don't bother engaging with these people. Refute their misstatements with facts but forget about finding "common ground". Trump's mobs have never been interested in having a respectful dialog or an actual conversation. We can use A2K to share information and insights among ourselves and let the Trump mob rave on, ignored — a tale of two echo chambers. And so it goes.

izzythepush

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 03:21 pm
@revelette1,
At this point in the Bush presidency there hadn't been a 9/11.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 03:28 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

revelette1 wrote:
Yet I am completely burnt out and disgusted with Trump and all the people and events connected to him or in support of him here on A2k.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Anyone would be "burnt out" after taking thousands of wild-ass round-house haymaker swings and never once landing a glove, I spoze, eh?
0 Replies

layman

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 03:33 pm
Trump has been reviewing some history. At his next press conference he's going to take off his shoe and pound it on the podium while screaming "I will bury you" at the MSM.

It's gunna ROCK!
0 Replies

layman

Mon 24 Jul, 2017 03:39 pm
@hightor,
Maybe you really expect others to take the shrieking, hysterical, hyperbolic, apocalyptic ravings of the left about Trump seriously, eh?

Nice try, cheese-eater.

A rational person could never do that. It's merely laughable, not serious, ya know?

0 Replies