0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 11:23 am
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette1

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 11:45 am
@Baldimo,
How many of those 11 million actually voted? The commission went after one name on those registers and it turns out the voter was alive.

What I object to in this commission is Trump is hardly unaffected by this information nor is he unbiased. Other than what is already publically available, I don't think the federal government has any business getting personal data information from voters from all fifty states. Much less giving it into the hands of Trump and his re-election campaign bid.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 12:07 pm
As always, cheap-ass attempt to control speech backfires on CNN

Quote:
German Lopez, a reporter for left-leaning Vox, tweeted: “I can’t emphasize how bad this is on CNN’s part. This is basically ‘don’t post stuff we don’t like or we’ll dox you.’ Extremely unethical.”

WikiLeaks tweeted, "Trump was bad. CNN is worse: CNN threatens amateur satirist behind Trump video: make fun of us again and we dox you."

Since the CNN article was published, many social media users also have created dozens of other GIFs of Trump bashing, brawling and scuffling with a humanoid CNN logo.

Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz even suggested on Twitter that CNN could have a legal problem.

“Troubling. I assume CNN's lawyers are examining GA § 16-8-16 Theft by extortion. If CNN constructively obtained the gif-maker's IP...it's a GA crime if they threatened to ‘Disseminate any information tending to subject any person to hatred, contempt, or ridicule....’” he wrote

Nice try, cheese-eaters.

Quote:
CNN has adamantly defended its handling of the story, issuing a statement Wednesday saying the network did not publish the user’s name out of concern for his safety...

This doesn't "defend" anything, it just makes the extortion all the more obvious and serious.

They have explicitly threatened to out him, and thereby compromise his safety, if he makes another post they don't like, eh? If he does that, his safety can go to hell.

CNN: "You do that again, and your fuckin safety is gunna be in jeopardy, pal, see? So don't EVER do it again."
layman

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 12:34 pm
Trump has played the lame-ass MSM beautifully. He's keeps antagonizing, baiting, and provoking them to the point where they have lost all sense.

They are always looking to throw wild-ass haymaker to knock him out, and only expose themselves to defeat when they do it.

He's like Ali rope-a-doping Foreman, telling him in clinches: "That all you got, George? Sheeit, they told me you packed a powerful punch." Foreman was enraged and just kept trying to hit harder, until he had spent all his energy, at which point Ali knocked his tired ass out.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 12:42 pm
@layman,
Here's a rhetorical question: How could CNN be so stupid? Their actions are quite disturbing and pathetic as well. Free speech belongs to all of us.

P.S. I'd like to side with CNN, but not when they do something like this. Talk about a chilling effect on freedom of speech! Public figures and institutions are often ridiculed in public discourse. It's just part of life, and it's definitely a major part of free speech whether we like it or not.
Below viewing threshold (view)
MontereyJack

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 12:57 pm
@gungasnake,
MMore Americans trust CNN, WsPo, and the NYT than trust Trump. Afor that matter, more Americans trust Angela Merkelt than trust Trumphttp://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/340601-poll-more-americans-trust-cnn-than-trust-trump
0 Replies

layman

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 12:59 pm
@wmwcjr,
It's not just the media, Bill, it's the entire crew of left-wing progressives. Their stock-in-trade, for well over 50 years, it to subject all who disagreement with them to as much ridicule and verbal abuse as possible, calling them every epithet in the book (with to go-to choice being "racist").

They devote themselves to actively suppressing free speech as much as they possibly can.
wmwcjr

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 01:00 pm
@layman,
I don't like Trump, but I have to agree with what you say about CNN. The video at the center of this controversy is really not all that offensive. It's just standard political expression. CNN is acting like a thin-skinned bully.

Sorry, I gotta go.
MontereyJack

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 01:04 pm
@layman,
pot and kettle, layman, pot and kettle.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 01:11 pm
CNN is failing

The L.A. Times wrote:
Dish Network is prepared to permanently unplug a pillar of cable television — CNN, the pioneering 24-hour news network whose fortunes have faded.

Dish Chairman Charlie Ergen warned Tuesday that pay-TV providers must be more selective of the channels they carry. "Twenty years ago, CNN was a must-have channel, but it's not a top 10 network anymore ... unless they find the plane, the Malaysian plane," Ergen said on a conference call, making a jab at CNN's seemingly round-the-clock coverage last spring of missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370.

Ergen said it would have been a "disaster" just a decade ago to remove CNN just before a big election. However, he said there have been few subscriber losses after the channel's removal because viewers now have plenty of sources for news.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-dish-drops-cnn-charlie-ergen-20141105-story.html
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 01:12 pm
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
NN is acting like a thin-skinned bully.
S0 you're saying they've learned something from the master of thin-skinned bullydom, Donald Trump?
layman

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 01:25 pm
@MontereyJack,
My Mama, she done told me, that there one time, she said: "Looky here, layboy, don't go runnin around trying to rassle no pigs. You'll just get yourself all fuckin muddy, and the pig likes it."

CNN aint got no Mama that's smart like mine, eh?

She said that to me when I came home covered with mud after wrestling with pigs. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I liked it too..
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 02:26 pm
Sadness notes from all over.
Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
We can’t even stop the Norks from blasting a missile. China is laughing at us. It is really sad.
12:16 PM - 12 Dec 2012
ossobucotemp

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 02:32 pm
@blatham,
THERE YOU ARE!
I was getting worried, that you might have renovated yourself into some kind of injury. But you're not as clumsy as I am: I once tripped on a large length of plywood, and it took a while for the knee to recover.
blatham

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 02:36 pm
And he did turn his steely gaze upon the evil-doers and lo didst they quake in fear
Quote:
“I thought it was important that we went outside,” Pence told the Post. “I thought it was important that people on the other side of the DMZ see our resolve in my face.”
h/t Benen

blatham

Wed 5 Jul, 2017 02:45 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Renos at site one completed and then onto a refinish of our (much too large) deck here. But I've been offline for a couple of weeks and I think that will be my status in future. I don't think the US is recoverable politically.