monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 03:49 pm
@layman,
What was Comey's response to Trump's simple request that he "investigate" the phony-ass dossier? 'It's hard to prove a negative," Comey said.

Exactly, but that's what he was apparently waiting for in the "collusion" matter--PROOF of a negative, eh?

But what it would have proved would have been Clinton's "positive" collusion with russian intelligence agents to smear Trump.

Even the chump Comey was manipulated by the Ruskies with that. He offered to pay tax-payer money for more of the same, and used it to seek FISA warrants.

I shouldn't really say "chump," I suppose. He wasn't fooled, he just wanted to use false information against Trump, just like Hillary did.

That's was what McCain was talking about, however inarticulately.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Only a matter of a couple years til the world economy under Trumponomics goes into Great Depression v. 3.0. The GOP clearly learned NOTYHING from the Depression and its little sister the Great Recession. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:05 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Only a matter of a couple years til the world economy under Trumponomics goes into Great Depression v. 3.0. The GOP clearly learned NOTYHING from the Depression and its little sister the Great Recession. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Actually, Jack, what's stupid is trying to pretend that you know what you're talking about when you don't know jack-**** (pun intended).
0 Replies

Sturgis

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
...and its little sister the Great Recession...

I personally viewed the "recession" as actually being a depression, just dressed up with a happier name. ( that is, if a recession can be seen as happy)
layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:09 pm
@Sturgis,
What the hell is the "great recession?" The economy under Carter (which Reagan miraculously revived), that it?
MontereyJack

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:11 pm
@layman,
Where th hell were you in 2007-2008-02009?
Sturgis

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:15 pm
@layman,
Quote:
What...Great Recession? The economy under Carter (which Reagan ...revived) that it?

No. Try the ebd of George W. Bush's presidency when the economy took a downward spiral around 2007. Remember when the housing market when kerplunkity? Along with that going on here in the U.S.A., several other countries began slipping down economically.
snood

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:34 pm
@Sturgis,
It always seems like selective memory when people try to recollect which presidents tanked the economy and which turned it around.
snood

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

They learned something. They learned how starkly and for how long they can loot the poor and middle class and enrich the 1% and get away with it. They learned the hell out of that.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Where th hell were you in 2007-2008-02009?

I don't rightly recall, eh? Possibly in prison. Wherever I was, I don't recall missing a meal or eating at soup kitchens at the time, eh?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:55 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:

It wasn't until reading this that I was finally able to put my finger on why I find Finn so intimidating.

As to Comey's testimony today, I think my favorite bit was when Comey was asked why he thought he'd been fired and answered that he takes Trump "at his word". Such a delightful answer.

I'm pretty sure you meant amusing not intimidating. But you are much more polite than I am.
0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:56 pm
I'm not actually watching the Comey circus but 3 different friends who don't know each other all just exclaimed that John McCain looked senile.

Uh guys, he picked Palin as his running mate in 2008. He's been brain dead for a while!
snood

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:58 pm
Fox News seems to think Comey did Trump considerable damage today...

Quote:

If President Donald Trump had been tuned in to Fox News immediately following former FBI Director James Comey’s Senate hearing on Thursday, he would not have heard the same type of staunch defense he has become used to receiving on shows like Fox & Friends and Hannity.

Instead, Fox viewers were treated to a harsh assessment of the political fallout for the Trump administration by the network’s more serious news anchors Bret Baier and Chris Wallace.

Quote:
“politically,” Wallace added, “I thought it was very damaging to the president.”
“Repeatedly, James Comey called the president a liar, said that he lied about that the FBI was in disarray, that he defamed him and the FBI, said that the reason he kept those kinds of notes in the first place is that he thought this was the kind of man who would lie about those kinds of things,” he continued. “Not good stuff to have said on national television.”
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:00 pm
@layman,
Very Happy
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:03 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm glad I entertain you so since you're my biggest fan.

You just can't imagine that there is a bigger world than being part of the typing pool for a government agency can you?
snood

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:03 pm
@jcboy,
You should've seen him, jcb. It was scary how out-of-it he was.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:04 pm
@snood,
Wallace, who has never been a Trump supporter, by the way, merely makes an obvious observation.

As a political matter, it is not good to have a former FBI director calling you a liar on national TV (true or not).

But as soon as you look at what Comey said he was lying about, it becomes clear that Comey had no valid basis for making such a characterization.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:04 pm
@blatham,
What do you do for a living blatham?
layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Your emoticon regarding that post is different from Rev's for some reason, eh, Finn? I actually would have expected an identical emoticon from you, truth be told.
Finn dAbuzz

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:06 pm
@snood,
I actually thumbed up your comment