monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Everyone lies and everyone has an aversion to lying. It's a human paradox.

That brings this astute definition to mind:
Ambrose Bierce wrote:
CHRISTIAN, n: One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbors.”
0 Replies

layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

with rare exception (Lash perhaps being the only one)

In this forum, Lash is exceptional in many ways. I like that BABE.
0 Replies

revelette1

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
They didn't need to call thousands to testify and I think you know that. The acting director said Comey was well respected. I agree he also said no one has obstructed their investigation. Doesn't mean Trump didn't imply Comey should "let the Flynn investigation go." McCabe wasn't there for that little pow wow, Trump cleared the room so he could have deniability I guess. Like Comey, I hope like crazy there are tapes somewhere around. Now that would be a bombshell, either way.

BTW, lying about keeping your own preferred insurance and lying about the above are two different categories of seriousness.
camlok

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Everyone lies and everyone has an aversion to lying.

But what about when pretty much your whole life, your country and its history, is a lie, Finn? Everything you were taught, every piece of propaganda you swallowed, all lies.

You don't seem to have much of an aversion to lying and neither do most of your countrymen/women. Even when you know, and you do, you lie by omission, you lie by deception, you lie by avoidance, and when you tire of these you lie by admitting it's true, then making lame excuses for it.

Don't feel too put upon, for you are just one of hundreds of millions.

0 Replies

layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:50 pm
@revelette1,
If it were possible, Trump would ALWAYS clear the room and only talk to people one on one. That way he would always know who did the leaking (as with Comey here, ya know?).
oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
As usual your "factts" aren't

Stop being so disingenuous. If I had said one thing that was incorrect you would have been able to point it out.
revelette1

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:53 pm
@layman,
Quote:
If it were possible, Trump would ALWAYS clear the room and only talk to people one on one. That way he would always know who did the leaking (as with Comey here, ya know?).

Giving your recent confession, I can kinda understand where you're coming from now.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:54 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
You are a laugh, oralloy. You are a fact free zone.

And the same for you (as what I just posted to MontereyJack). If I'd had even one thing wrong, you would have been able to point out the error.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:56 pm
@revelette1,
Well yes they would have if they were to conclude what the FBI staff thought.

So you feel yourself qualified to judge the seriousness about POTUS lying?
oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:56 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
I'm going to hold off on being impressed. This "apology"was driven by concerns of career more than conscience, or he would have apologized within hours instead of a week later, and he wouldn't have tried to lie his way out of it first.

He did apologize within hours.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:59 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
This is only Fact Finding.Lots more time in the investigation.

The sooner we outlaw the Democratic Party in America, the sooner they will stop abusing the law to conduct witch hunts against people who disagree with them.

farmerman wrote:
The real thing is that NO-ONE doubts that Russia was attempting to interfere with the election. Did they seek to have Trump elected? Did it affect any votes?? thats another story and another path of evidence.

No one cares about what Russia did. All the Democrats care about is abusing the law to harm people who disagree with them.
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 01:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
If I had said one thing that was incorrect you would have been able to point it out.

Pretty much everything you say is incorrect. Then there are the myriad lies. And the deception, where you won't face up to realities put squarely in front of you.
oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 02:00 pm
@camlok,
Nope. Virtually everything I say is 100% true and you cannot point to a single untrue thing that I've ever said.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 02:03 pm
@layman,
Comey had to fess up that he was the one behind the leaking of the "let Flynn go" convo, because, by insisting that everyone else leave, Trump left him with no "plausible deniability."

But I strongly suspect that aint the onliest thing Comey ever leaked about Trump. The contents of his only OTHER one on one meeting with Trump hit the newspaper front pages the very next day.

And, by the way, why should Comey complain about one on one meetings with Trump? Comey set the protocol for that, at his own insistence, the very first time they talked.
layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 02:17 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

And, by the way, why should Comey complain about one on one meetings with Trump? Comey set the protocol for that, at his own insistence, the very first time they talked.

I ask a lot of questions around this here joint, but, ya know, I don't never seem to get no answers. Why dat, I wonder?
blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 02:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
So you feel yourself qualified to judge the seriousness about POTUS lying?
Winner of today's "No ****, Sherlock" award.
layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 02:26 pm
Cheese-eaters try to pretend that Trump has to be "hiding" something diabolical if he talks to someone person to person.

Like the President of the U.S. has no right to privacy whatsoever, eh? To hear them tell it, every presidential conversation should be on the front pages, if it can somehow be spun to make Trump look bad, anyway.

Like his private conversations with foreign leaders, such as the heads of Mexico and Australia, for examples.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 02:27 pm
@blatham,
It's not like you to miss the ironic.

You've really lowered the quality of your contributions to this forum. It smells of desperation.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 02:32 pm
@layman,
I'm getting questions about conversational Russian these days...

Do you know what to say if some Russian army group really does show up in your neighborhood looking for democrats to round up?
layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 02:36 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

I'm getting questions about conversational Russian these days...

Do you know what to say if some Russian army group really does show up in your neighborhood looking for democrats to round up?

Hell yeah! I've got a long-ass list of every cheese-eater in town that I would gladly give them. I could sho nuff use some help in taking care of their sorry ass, ya know? There's a whole shitload of them.
0 Replies