monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 02:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
OK...I'm done on this particular subject.
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 02:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hey, Finn, did ya see my post about May's newfound concern with putting up a stronger fight against terrorism?
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 02:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

it means that Twain could have found fault with historical Islam and contemporary America. Is that really so hard to fathom?

Like I done said, eh, Finn:

Quote:
By the time he was through, Twain pretty much hated everybody
0 Replies

camlok

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 02:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, I don't find that hard to fathom at all. Twain was among a small minority of honest Americans.

I don't deny the historical slaughters that people of Islam engaged in.

Yet you deny and refuse to talk about how these American slaughters have been going on for well over a century. How they are so commonplace, so pervasive, how they have come to have caused the retaliations that occur around the globe.

How they show no signs of letting up? How they are deeply evil? How they make a mockery of what the US is supposed to be?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:01 pm
@layman,
Yes. So?
camlok

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
OK...I'm done on this particular subject.

Because you know full well where it can lead. It was a good quote about Muslims/or any other usual suspect, but parallels are not where you ever want to go, Finn.
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Yes. So?

Just curious. I thought you might have a comment to make, but apparently not.
camlok

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:05 pm
@layman,
This is so unlike you, layman, a subservient little puppy. Finn has a chain on you.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:05 pm
@camlok,
It purty fuckin simple, foo.

I forget who said it, but whoever it was had it right:

"My country, right or wrong, but my country."

America First, Baby!
camlok

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:09 pm
@layman,
Maybe that was Hitler, layman. You exhibit the same mentality. Right down to offing certain groups you don't like.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:10 pm
@layman,
My comment: I applaud her declaration.
0 Replies

layman

I mean, like, let's say you had to make a choice between killing either:

1. One 97 year-old American, dying of cancer, or

2. One thousand newborn FOREIGN babies.

Only a damn commie would pick #1, eh?
Lash

@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:16 pm
Cammie, you wanna play the role of some pompous-ass, self-righteous piece of "cosmopolitan" Eurotrash, help yourself. Go from country to country, denouncing each one you enter.

Me, I'm stickin to the good old USA, where things are GOOD.

0 Replies

revelette1

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
And what nuances are there?

The ones that allow you to interpret what someone says to fit your partisanship?

Quote:
Near the end of our dinner, the President returned to the subject of my job, saying he was very glad I wanted to stay, adding that he had heard great things about me from Jim Mattis, Jeff Sessions, and many others. He then said, “I need loyalty.” I replied, “You will always get honesty from me.” He paused and then said, “That’s what I want, honest loyalty.” I paused, and then said, “You will get that from me.” As I wrote in the memo I created immediately after the dinner, it is possible we understood the phrase “honest loyalty” differently, but I decided it wouldn’t be productive to push it further. The term – honest loyalty – had helped end a very awkward conversation and my explanations had made clear what he should expect.

Comey tried to just say, honest, but Trump had to add loyalty. Comey said it was possible the president and he understood "honest loyalty" differently. Comey decided not to push it further after the uncomfortable dinner.
snood

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:22 pm
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18839085_1864874476856855_3362824050331461634_n.png?oh=ed3b8aa0bb364d59a95dc93d588a9634&oe=599BF68B
0 Replies

roger

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:23 pm
@layman,
Stephen Decatur, but it was more like: "My country, may she always be right, but right or wrong, she is always my country."

Somehow, the tone has shifted.
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:24 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Comey tried to just say, honest, but Trump had to add loyalty.

And Comey said he would get that: "honest loyalty"

But, really, loyalty is such a despicable trait, eh?

Every employer is actually thrilled to hire a disloyal employee who will sell his trade secrets to competitors, and ****, ya know?
camlok

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:26 pm
@layman,
Quote:
I mean, like, let's say you had to make a choice between killing either:

1. One 97 year-old American, dying of cancer, or

2. One thousand newborn FOREIGN babies.

Only a damn commie would pick #1, eh?

I don't know, layman. Perhaps you should ask your good buddy, Finn.

Or guijohn, or gunga, or McG, or Baldimo, or rev, or Lash, or ... .

It would be an interesting poll.
giujohn

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 03:29 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

I just read this. The cheese-eaters are going to go wild! Nothing there to suggest any wrong-doing by Trump, and several things which put him in a good light. For example:

Quote:
January 6 Briefing

I discussed with the FBI’s leadership team whether I should be prepared to assure President-Elect Trump that we were not investigating him personally. That was true; we did not have an open counter-intelligence case on him. We agreed I should do so if circumstances...

During our one-on-one meeting at Trump Tower, based on President Elect Trump’s reaction to the briefing and without him directly asking the question, I offered that assurance.

February 14 Oval Office Meeting

I had understood the President to be requesting that we drop any investigation of Flynn in connection with false statements about his conversations with the Russian ambassador in December. I did not understand the President to be talking about the broader investigation into Russia or possible links to his campaign.

March 30 Phone Call

He described the Russia investigation as “a cloud” that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country....He asked what we could do to “lift the cloud.” I responded that we were investigating the matter as quickly as we could, and that there would be great benefit, if we didn’t find anything, to our having done the work well. He agreed, but then re-emphasized the problems this was causing him....

The President went on to say that if there were some “satellite” associates of his who did something wrong, it would be good to find that out, but that he hadn’t done anything wrong and hoped I would find a way to get it out that we weren’t investigating him.

He then said, “I need loyalty.” I replied, “You will always get honesty from me.” He paused and then said, “That’s what I want, honest loyalty.” I paused, and then said, “You will get that from me.”

Doesn't matter...the lying left MSM will still paint this and any non-left president in a negative light because they are ******* low lives.
They don't give a **** about American exceptionalism. They want us to be like Europe. They are the singular threat to our way of life and they should all be in an internment camp.
0 Replies