monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Thu 25 May, 2017 03:58 pm
If you had any doubts about what a complete embarrassment Trump is for the US, watch this video of him during the NATO conference. This video is going to go around the world and validate everyone's notions of what an incredibly graceless creep this guy is.
http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/05/donald-trump-shoves-nato-leader-to-be-in-front-of-group.html
jcboy

Thu 25 May, 2017 04:00 pm
@blatham,
What Trump doesn't understand is that other member countries of NATO don't have nearly enough money to contribute as much as we do. We can't kick Iceland, Greece, Belgium etc. out of NATO just because they don't pay as much rent. Their emotional, political and strategic alliance with us is the most important part. Not how many war machines they can afford!
Below viewing threshold (view)
roger

Thu 25 May, 2017 04:02 pm
@jcboy,
Sure, but we're still talking about a percentage. Anyhow, while it is good for us to have them as allies, it is very good for them to have us as an ally.
Below viewing threshold (view)
McGentrix

Thu 25 May, 2017 04:08 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

That video ROCKS!

Thanks for posting it.

The reason Trump acts a like a big dog is because...well, because he's a big dog, that's why.

As far as that other hapless stooge goes...well, there's a runt who has to suck hind tit in every litter, eh? Them's just the facts.

Surprised Laughing Laughing

Having watched that and then looked at the reactions of those immediately around him, it was clearly an inside joke among them. Offense should not be taken where none is offered.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 25 May, 2017 04:16 pm
@jcboy,
Multi-national alliances such as NATO are never going to be an array of equals in power and wealth. And of course they don't have to be for all participants to benefit. Further, the nation(s) with the greatest wealth and power will enjoy the greatest clout and leverage within the alliance.

Perhaps more to the point, one would be hard pressed to find critics of NATO who would want to see those allied nations holding power equal to what the US holds. A fundamental principle of neoconservative ideology, for example, is that the US must challenge any nation or entity which might rise up to contest US hegemony (and that's an idea held more broadly than merely the neoconservatives).
ossobucotemp

Thu 25 May, 2017 04:20 pm
@jcboy,
You are so correct.
layman

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:09 pm
A little update on the fanatical muslim at Manchester, and his homeys, eh?

Quote:
Police were racing to uncover the network around Abedi that they said “clearly” exists. British investigators earlier said they believed the 22-year-old bomber was given the explosives used to kill himself and others at the pop concert.

The New York Times released photos of bomb parts found at the scene. Though they do not reveal the size or type of the device, the photos showed it was carefully created to make an impact.

Greater Manchester Police said two more men were arrested early Thursday. Eight men in total have been detained in connection with the attack, in what police have called “significant” arrests.

The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack, calling Abedi a “soldier of the caliphate.”

Abedi was believed to have traveled to Syria and had “proven” links with ISIS, French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said Wednesday on BFM television, adding that British and French intelligence have information that Abedi had been to Syria.

Salman Abedi left Libya for England four days before the bombing, his mother said.

In addition, the killer's brother Hashim had links to the Islamic State and may have been planning a separate attack in Tripoli, a Libyan government spokesman told Reuters.

ISIS has repeatedly vowed that it would conduct murderous attacks in the west, and constantly urges it's sorry-ass adherents to attack "soft targets," like crowds at sporting events, dance clubs, concerts, etc. It has repeatedly suggested that they use vehicles to run large numbers of people down.

They're good to their word. We seen all those things, and a lot more. They won't stop until Trump wipes out ISIS, as he has devoted himself to doing.

And for that, the cheese-eaters call him an islamophobic fascist. The chumps, them.
blatham

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:19 pm
Re the NATO video of Trump bullying his way to center stage...
Quote:
Paul Waldman‏ @paulwaldman1 5h5 hours ago
Paul Waldman Retweeted Amanda Wills
The little Mussolini pose at the end is what makes it so great.

Exactly.
MontereyJack

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:21 pm
@layman,
Layman says:
Quote:

The reason Trump acts a like a big dog is because...well, because he's a big dog, that's why.

Very astute comparison, Layman. I congratulate you on your insight./ Like a big dog, Trump continually tries to hump unwilling females, or your leg. He steals little dogs' bones and buries them for his own later enjoyment when the meat is good and rotten. He bites your ass and then pees on it.
That's why they neuter big dogs, to curb aggressive behavior like that. Hmm, not a bad idea.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:23 pm
Quote:
Jared Kushner now a focus in Russia investigation
Investigators are focusing on a series of meetings held by Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and an influential White House adviser, as part of their probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and related matters, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Kushner, who held meetings in December with the Russian ambassador and a banker from Moscow, is being investigated because of the extent and nature of his interactions with the Russians, the people said.
WP
That reminds me, I haven't watched the Godfather family saga for a long time.
Sturgis

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:25 pm
@blatham,
Trump's behavior these past two days is strangely comforting. For a few days there he had seemed almost sane and mildly Presidential. I was getting worried. He either didn't take his meds or his 'brain' implanted magnetic microchip has malfunctioned again.
blatham

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:28 pm
I particularly respect bold, brave, forthright and honest politicians. Pence, when asked if he stands by his endorsement of Gianforte
Quote:
"we aren't going to comment"

0 Replies

layman

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:29 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
That reminds me, I haven't watched the Godfather family saga for a long time.

For some damn reason, ya left out this part, eh, Blabby?

Quote:
The Post has not been told that Kushner is a target — or the central focus — of the investigation, and he has not been accused of any wrongdoing.

“Mr. Kushner previously volunteered to share with Congress what he knows about these meetings. He will do the same if he is contacted in connection with any other inquiry,” said Jamie Gorelick, one of his attorneys.

Be sure you hack yourself off some big-ass slabs of cheese to help you sustain yourself and your fantasies next time you watch the "Godfather saga," eh?
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:29 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
For a few days there [Trump] had seemed almost sane and mildly Presidential.
Hmmm. Somehow I missed that. It must have been something.
Sturgis

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:32 pm
@blatham,
Well, in fairness, I did say seemed, almost and mildly.
blatham

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:34 pm
Quote:
Eli Stokols‏Verified account
@EliStokols
Just got this text from GOP natsec official: "Had to apologize to a European defense attaché just now. 'I'm sorry. He's an idiot.'"
blatham

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:37 pm
@Sturgis,
Granted, you did. I guess that word "sane" kind of threw me. My apologies.
0 Replies

layman

Thu 25 May, 2017 05:41 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Eli Stokols‏Verified account
@EliStokols
Just got this text from GOP natsec official: "Had to apologize to a European defense attaché just now. 'I'm sorry. He's an idiot.'"

Not surprising that he said that. Most "European defense attaches" probably are "idiots" of the extreme variety.
0 Replies