How Long Are You /willing To Be At War?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:21 am
man I see an entrepeneurial opportunity here....pork rind garlands to ward off terrorists.....call me pan......
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:22 am
dude, I'm right there
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:22 am
Larry434 wrote:
[quote="Bi-Polar Bear"
Obviously you admire this action....there's no more to be said really.

I admire innovative and effective actions that save the lives of my fellow countrymen, albeit at the expense of the lives of our enemies, don't you,?[/quote]

An are you still beating your wife question......so clever....
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:24 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
[quote="Bi-Polar Bear"
Obviously you admire this action....there's no more to be said really.

I admire innovative and effective actions that save the lives of my fellow countrymen, albeit at the expense of the lives of our enemies, don't you,?

An are you still beating your wife question......so clever....[/quote]

And my experience interacting with you would indicate you will duck it. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:30 am
sort of like the how long are you willing question.....et tu brutus?

by the way my answer is a resounding no to your question....why should we be at war with anyone if we employ and approve of the same tactics they use? If we're all barbarians, let's just get naked and jump in a pile......you may stay on your side....
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:20 am
Good factchecking, Panzade. I don't know that much about the Phillippines, but aren't they mostly Catholic? I was not aware that Islamic terrorism has been around for more than a century.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:42 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
sort of like the how long are you willing question.....et tu brutus? quote]

Apples and oranges. You asked for a time certain for ending the war.

I asked for your value judgment re: killing a few of the enemy to save the lives of hundreds or thousands of your countrymen.

And you have, in an obliqued way, answered that no, you prefer NOT to kill our enemies to keep them from killing us.

If I have misread you, feel free to correct my interpretation.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:47 am
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
sort of like the how long are you willing question.....et tu brutus? quote]

Apples and oranges. You asked for a time certain for ending the war.

I asked for your value judgment re: killing a few of the enemy to save the lives of hundreds or thousands of your countrymen.

And you have, in an obliqued way, answered that no, you prefer NOT to kill our enemies to keep them from killing us.

If I have misread you, feel free to correct my interpretation.

I understand the realities of killing the enemy before the enemy kills us.....
this does not mean that I need to admire or enjoy the method as you seem to.......and I don't. I also feel a sense of waste at the killing of anyone necessary or not....you seem completely disconnected from any feelings about it other than admiration and satisfaction....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:53 am
How does understanding the realities of the situation, commenting on the situation, and approving of the course of action chosen by our government the equivalent of admiring and enjoying it?

I value all life, hell, even yours Bear, but realizing that not everyone thinks the same as I do and realizing that they do not value other lives, much less their own, makes me want them stopped BEFORE they carry out their plans.

I get no enjoyment out of it, I do not admire it, I do not get a "hard on" for it. I understand it.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:07 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
I also feel a sense of waste at the killing of anyone necessary or not....you seem completely disconnected from any feelings about it other than admiration and satisfaction....

Don't deny that. I do admire our military when they are effective, and yes, that does give me, as a patriotic American, a great deal of satisfaction in a job well done. but not in the perverse since you choose to imagine.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:10 am
McGentrix wrote:
I value all life, hell, even yours Bear,

don't do me any favors.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:11 am
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
I also feel a sense of waste at the killing of anyone necessary or not....you seem completely disconnected from any feelings about it other than admiration and satisfaction....

Don't deny that. I do admire our military when they are effective, and yes, that does give me, as a patriotic American, a great deal of satisfaction in a job well done. but not in the perverse since you choose to imagine.

you said it all right there....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:11 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
I value all life, hell, even yours Bear,

don't do me any favors.....

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:24 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

you said it all right there....

Thanks, I try.
0 Replies