How Long Are You /willing To Be At War?

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:11 pm
About the dumbest thing I've ever seen from you and way below par. You can do better...in fact I'm counting on it McG
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:10 pm
panzade wrote:
About the dumbest thing I've ever seen from you and way below par. You can do better...in fact I'm counting on it McG

but heartfelt...that's the real McGentrix....not dumb at all but the real him...no changing it......no sense worrying about it...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:27 pm
Ok, but that kinda conservative crap sticks in my craw...fighting the gooks, slantheads and towel heads on their black and white tv's...I better let it go, like you said Bear.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:30 pm
panzade wrote:
Ok, but that kinda conservative crap sticks in my craw...fighting the gooks, slantheads and towel heads on their black and white tv's...I better let it go, like you said Bear.

actually I heard they got color in the Adirondacks a year or so back...cable coming in 2006.....
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:42 pm
Perhaps McG is referring to some on the other side......such as these people that the Kerry/Edwards team wants to cozy up to.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:44 pm
show us something to document that Kerry/Edwards wants to cozy up to them...something real....something concrete.....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:45 pm
OK JW...I'll bite. When did Kerry/Edwards say they wanted to cozy up to the Iranian executioners?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:51 pm
And please JW, nothing from 1970...ok?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 03:58 pm
panzade wrote:
And please JW, nothing from 1970...ok?

Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 04:23 pm
Look at that face...ain't she sweet?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 04:48 pm
I don't think JW ws alive in 1970.....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:42 pm
panzade wrote:

What does this mean? What has your imagination conjured up to replace what I said to mean anything similar to the garbage you spilled above?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:57 pm
McGentrix wrote:

When my children are oldenough, It will be THEIR decision to fight.

let's hope this war hasn't overtaxed the military and that decision get's taken out of thier hands

even the national guard won't save them then

maybe cheney, rumsfeld and ashcroft can explain how those deferments work
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 08:08 pm
The war (US troops engaged in action in Iraq) will end beginning 18 months following George's re-election. George will declare "Mission Accomplished" and then anounce that he is the President that brought "Peace with Honor" these actions by George will have no relationship to actual conditions in Iraq or Afghanistan. Republicns will rejoice that they "Won a War" The UN will attempt to feed/medicate/shelter the people devastated by "The War" while Republicans will clamour for "get out of the UN." The French will continue eating frogs while the Germans continue to produce Chrysler products.
so it goes.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 08:09 pm
ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 08:43 pm
24 months following the Bush re-election, Henry Kissinger will arrive at the I-Bar theater on a sat night (San Diego) and with a smile warmer than a well diggers ass remark that Bush gave the Iraqi's freedoma nd democracy but the people declined to provide evidence of WoMD hidden in the gardens or to strew flowers on the road leading to Baghdad upon Rumsfeld's grand entrance. They, in effect, declined the gifts brought by the magi and deserved their fate in hell. Dominoes opened their first pizza palace in the green zone while Naplamolive started construction of its newest production facility on the Tigres River (no swimming permitted) CitiBank sent emissaries to cut the ribbons. Henry was pleased.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 08:49 pm
panzade wrote:
OK JW...I'll bite. When did Kerry/Edwards say they wanted to cozy up to the Iranian executioners?

Pan - sorry for the delay in getting back to your question. Some much needed (and wanted lol) pampering awaited me and I do have my priorities LOL.

What lead me to my "cozy up to" statement is the fact that it's no secret that Kerry wants to wage a more "thoughtful and sensitive war against terror." He has said these very words at rallies, in speeches and has been widely quoted. I also found it on his website at one point, but I'm not sure it's still there since he adds and deletes from that site depending on what he's decided to be for or against on any given day.

Second, his own aides have said that, if elected, his administration, in cooperation with the European Union, would offer a deal to Iran that would allow the them to retain their nuclear facilities. In return, Teheran would have to pledge to return all imported nuclear fuel acquired for its reactor at Bushehr. (Guess what - Iran heard about his offer and have already rejected it.)

Even Teresa got into the act recently, criticizing the Bush administration for sending warning signals to Iran about developing nuclear weapons.

"There are about 50 countries in the world that have the capability to build nuclear weapons. Are we going to attack them all?" she said.

This was just after she said:

"The way we live in peace in a family, in a marriage, in the world, is not by threatening people, is not by showing off your muscles. It's by listening, by giving a hand sometimes, by being intelligent, by being open and by setting high standards."

When I read of the hundreds of hangings in Iran (239 or so this year alone), cutting off hands and feet of burglars, the most heinous of atrocities, I have a hard time believing these are people who would respond to thoughtfulness and sensitivity.

By the way - about your earlier "1970 remark", even Vice-President Cheney brought it up (Kerry's wanting to turn over disbursement of our troops to the UN) in the debate. Many people believe, as I do, that even though Kerry was only 27 when he made the statement, he still holds that ideology. For goodness sakes, he mentioned the UN 27 times in the first debate.

It's true I wasn't even born then (1973 was the year I graced the world with my entrance lol), but I look back on things I said, things I felt, things I thought at that age and I haven't changed much. I think Kerry was adult enough at 27 to know what he thought in 1970 and I honestly believe he's stayed true to those beliefs over the years.

So, no, I don't agree to cozying up to these madmen. I firmly believe that taking a tough stance, action, and yes, threatening immediate war is what will stop those that would attack us. I know we won't stop them with conferences.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:21 pm
Thanks for your thoughtful post JW. I will check out the points you made on Iran. The cruelty there, I agree is unwarranted.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:25 pm
McGentrix wrote:

When they act like people, I will think of them as such.

I guess this is what got my dander up...this dehumanizing of the Iraquis...but i guess i was a little over the top.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:07 am
JustWonders wrote:
It's true I wasn't even born then (1973 was the year I graced the world with my entrance lol), but I look back on things I said, things I felt, things I thought at that age and I haven't changed much. I think Kerry was adult enough at 27 to know what he thought in 1970 and I honestly believe he's stayed true to those beliefs over the years.

Now that is funny. You look back all of four years to compare how you thought at that age.Laughing
JustWonders wrote:
So, no, I don't agree to cozying up to these madmen. I firmly believe that taking a tough stance, action, and yes, threatening immediate war is what will stop those that would attack us. I know we won't stop them with conferences.

Do you understand that it was not a nation/state that attacked us? The anarchy and religious fanaticism of Afghanistan did however, provide fertile breeding ground.
Have you ever read Bin Laden's Fatwa against the U.S. or the PBS Frontline interview with Bin Laden?

Sometimes it helps to understand the motivations of your enemy when developing a strategy to deal with them. In their eyes, our bases in Saudi Arabia are a desecration of their religion and our actions against Iraq since the Gulf War were a humiliation to the Arab people. It is all about religion and pride. I see no way that the invasion and occupation of Iraq can do anything other than fan the flames of hatred and draw recruits to Bin Ladens camp.
0 Replies