Was it worthy to invade Iraq?!

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:00 am
McGentrix wrote:
So you consider 9/11 and the time leading up to it to be a safer time than now with the safety provisions the government has intalled?

Incredible.

yes. no need to say why, you would disagree and think me stupid no matter what I say, but yes, that's what I'm saying make no mistake. 9/11 was not a safe day obviously, we were safer pre 9/11 IMO. I will not change it.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:06 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
So you consider 9/11 and the time leading up to it to be a safer time than now with the safety provisions the government has intalled?

Incredible.

yes. no need to say why, you would disagree and think me stupid no matter what I say, but yes, that's what I'm saying make no mistake. 9/11 was not a safe day obviously, we were safer pre 9/11 IMO. I will not change it.

Then why was 911 successful and there has been no repeat since?
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:09 am
what I don't understand is why innocents who don't know how to hurt should pay.I mean, for God sake, people were slain there.Mothers and elderly are in a horrible ordeal and nobody knows their feeling..believe me know body.Does this move anything inside war mongers?

what made me write this at first place was the poor mother of Bigley.Anyone here might be at his situation and many other hostages.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:20 am
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Incredible.

Then why was 911 successful and there has been no repeat since?

because we beat them down.....temporarily......I'm not disputing that.....we could now go through a period of time when nothing happens....but don't buy it's because of all the precautions we're taking or because we're "taking the fight to them" because we're not doing that very effectively......it's because they are in a period of replanning...re arming....re training....for the next attack.....and next time we won't have the sympathy of the world we had before because bush has squandered our international goodwill......you can't beat an idea or a belief....period.....and where one terrorist or neutral stood on 9/11, five more now stand in that position who hate us due to our handling of events since......so either we need to literally perform genocide and I mean 100% genocide on a HUGE segment of the entire world.....or pour all of our resources into protecting the piece of real estate we call the USA and let these "godless" others fight among themselves.....or just accept and say out loud that we will never see peace again.....there is no other solution.......and the one thing we absolutely don't need is a governing body who use these events as leverage to enlarge their power base for the good of a select few.....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:24 am
Navigator, your heartache is understandable, and a credit to your humanity. I don't think there are ever very good reasons for wars, but we are sometimes justified in protecting ourselves from a threat which is a clear and present danger.

I see no reason to believe that this war resulted from an unquestionably clear and present danger, and all the horror and sorrow have been a tragic, a criminal result of attempting to implement a cynical agenda which takes no account of human suffering and the rights of individuals. I can't offer you any solace, i can only share your sorrow.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:24 am
"...because they are in a period of replanning...re arming....re training....for the next attack....."

You bettcha. And they are doing that because they now have much stronger security measures to defeat, thanks to the actions of this President and his administration. Those actions are why we are safer now than before 911, IMO.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:27 am
There are stronger security measures to defeat here in America since 9/11?

Really? In what way?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:29 am
Larry434 wrote:
"...because they are in a period of replanning...re arming....re training....for the next attack....."

You bettcha. And they are doing that because they now have much stronger security measures to defeat, thanks to the actions of this President and his administration. Those actions are why we are safer now than before 911, IMO.

I disagree...but I have stated pretty clearly why already....you chose to pull one piece of my comment and create a different context...that's okay
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:35 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

I disagree...but I have stated pretty clearly why already....you chose to pull one piece of my comment and create a different context...that's okay

Just pursuing the debate, bear.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:37 am
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

Just pursuing the debate, bear.

I understand that Larry...but my response is contained in my original statement.....
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 12:35 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Incredible.

No, not incredible. Probably true.

And heavily ironic, that the biggest, strongest, 'baddest' nation on this small planet, which spends so much more on armaments than any ten other nations, should convince its citizens to be so paranoid and fearful for their safety.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 12:43 pm
I didn't know you Brits were so eager to die that you would not be equally fearful of a fanatical Islamist blowing himself and your family with him...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 12:45 pm
Whistle!
Yellow flag!
McG your line is immaterial to the debate.
10 yard penalty!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 12:50 pm
How do you figure panzade? McTag has said that we Americans are paranoid and fearful for our society. McTag is implying that he, as a representative of his nation are not paranoid and fearful, thus they must be anxious to die as that is what we are paranoid and fearful of.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 12:51 pm
Quote:
I didn't know you Brits were so eager to die that you would not be equally fearful of a fanatical Islamist blowing himself and your family with him...

They just aren't afraid in general.

You shouldn't be, either, McG. Let me give you a little hint: Noone wants to blow you or your family up.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 12:52 pm
Even if McTag isn't fearful it doesn't stand to reason that he's anxious to die.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 12:57 pm
fear and paranoia......McGentrix, you are the perfect example of the makeover of the american citizen the bush administration has aimed for...congrats.....
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 12:58 pm
McGentrix wrote:

There's a lot of Turks in Germany, a lot of Algerians and Moroccans in France, and a lot of Pakistanis in the UK.. This misbegotten action has made the whole situation here more volatile and far more dangerous, IMHO

I would also like to say this. None of these bombers came from industrialised countries. They did not make the explosives and weapons themselves. They were sold to them by industrialised countries. As you sow, so shall you reap, yes; but would it not be a start to stop supplying unstable areas with weaponry, instead of bombing them if some insurgents threaten to misuse it?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 01:00 pm
McTag wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

There's a lot of Turks in Germany, a lot of Algerians and Moroccans in France, and a lot of Pakistanis in the UK.. This misbegotten action has made the whole situation here more volatile and far more dangerous, IMHO

I would also like to say this. None of these bombers came from industrialised countries. They did not make the explosives and weapons themselves. They were sold to them by industrialised countries. As you sow, so shall you reap, yes; but would it not be a start to stop supplying unstable areas with weaponry, instead of bombing them if some insurgents threaten to misuse it?

no profit in that....profit is more important to these people than a few human lives.....
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 01:06 pm
Having said that, and I don't know why, the Brits do not seem to be so paranoid as our transatlantic cousins. Maybe we are more fatalistic, and maybe we recognise that the personal risk is vanishingly small. Maybe we are even protected from chemical or biological attack because of the diversity of our society...muslims attacking with such weapons would inevitably kill other muslims.

I think also that the Brits would OBJECT most strongly to the kind of TV propaganda you get beamed at you, stressing the dangers of global terrorism.. It is Orwellian, and way over the top to my mind.
0 Replies