Is it bad?

Mehhh

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:34 pm
Is it bad that I don't want my significant other to be around me all the time or even most of the time? I don't care if they cheat or hang out with other people of either sex. The only thing that bothers me in any of the relationships I've been in is when they want to hang out for long periods of time. Is any of this bad?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 751 • Replies: 6

jespah

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:54 pm
@Mehhh,
Why bother having a relationship, then?
Mehhh

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:15 pm
@jespah,
That is a good question. I guess I just feel attraction to someone and end up getting in a relationship with them, but still want major alone time.
vikorr

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 04:53 pm
@Mehhh,
In just about every human characteristic (including sexual orientation), the spread follows the Bell Curve (look it up if you don't know what it is).

What you experience may simply be one of the orientations on the extreme edge.

Or, it may be the result of childhood trauma of some sort.

That is to say, it is up to you (and if you so choose, a counsellor/psychologist) to determine if it's good or bad for you.

Just a word of warning - be aware that such an orientation may lead to compatibility issues

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 06:13 pm
@Mehhh,
Mehhh wrote:

That is a good question. I guess I just feel attraction to someone and end up getting in a relationship with them, but still want major alone time.

I don't think it's bad at all, if you recognize that's what you want.

Hopefully you can find someone who feels the same way, and you'll both be happy.

roger

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 07:12 pm
@chai2,
Well yeah. We can't all fit the stereotype, can we?
0 Replies

gorff

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 11:18 pm
@Mehhh,
Is it bad? Yeah. You don't want a relationship.. you want a companion, a friend, the goodie parts of a relationship. Until someone else comes along. You know its true, cause you are fine with it if your sig other does the same thing.

You dont like being alone and need attention. What you need right now is a good friend. You are clearly not ready for a relationship.
0 Replies