Kerry might most likely win and why I think that

padmasambava

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:24 pm
And the best part is that like in the previous election we are likely to outnumber the republicans but will suffer less attrition from the Nader faction.

The latest CNN/Gallup poll seems to bear this out.

Of course my advice is not to trust the polls. Make sure all your friends who have expressed disgust with Bush to get and vote for Kerry and Edwards. Let's insure the win that looks likely and get out of this mess.

Republicans who feel a hatred toward Kerry and want to kill their TV sets should bear something in mind. We've been feeling the same way for nearly four years, but it's Bush we want to send to the Phantom Zone.

Turnabout is fair play. Welcome to Democracy.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:24 pm
cjhsa wrote:
but f Kerry wins I'm going to have to enlarge my TV budget because every time I hear that lultra liberal SOB speak I want to shoot my television.

Honestly, if this country elects this assclown simply because they don't like Bush, then we're in deeper **** that I had hoped.

I despise Kerry and can't fathom why people would vote for such an ultra-lib hypocrite just because they don't like Bush, or are still mad from four years ago.

cjhsa wrote:
The Democrats in this country are seething with anger and hostility towards republicans.

-----------------------------------------------------------

but the republicans are just spreading the love...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:26 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Really? We had to put up with eight years of Clinton doing nothing but pleasuring himself. Don't you think some of us already felt a bit divided?

Well, regarding this thread and countless others here regarding Bush vs. Kerry, doesn't anyone see my point about another option? Mind you, at this point it would probably take King Solomon to get the country out of this mess.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:27 pm
I think its narcissism, and it doesn't spread so good.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:29 pm
I'm not even an "outsider," but I agree with cav. But from my perspective, I have seen the damage done by Bush in 1) foreign policies which effectively gave our country a bloody nose with most of our allies, 2) Iraq; a big mess no matter who looks at it (Bush keeps blaming Saddam for the attack of the WTC, and over 50 percent of Americans still thinks Saddam had something to do with it), and 3) the big drag on unemployment in this country although Bush promised jobs after his tax cuts.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:32 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Really? We had to put up with eight years of Clinton doing nothing but pleasuring himself.

right. are you one of those people that can hold down a job but can't find time for a little fun?

by the way. doya think we're paying the tab for bush to hop on af 1 and fly down to crawford every week because he gets dis-pleasure from it?

quit grousing. we've already put up with 8 years of bush-onomics, war in iraq, "values" hysteria and republican "one party" rhetoric. and you want me to put up with 4 more.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:44 pm
padmasambava wrote:
I think its narcissism, and it doesn't spread so good.

If you are referring to a third party option, how is that narcissism? There was a time people used to refer to alternative options as progress. What it sounds like to me is that you can't conceive that the American public could even consider anything beyond Dems and Republicans. That might be actually be the case, but there sure ain't a lot of thinkin' going on there, and it probably wouldn't "spread so good" in the end. However, when you throw away the possibility, you trample on the freedoms your forebearers fought for, yes?
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 03:53 pm
JustWonders wrote:

So I was talking to my dad the other day about how you can have a really great group of people, but there's always one - almost always - who's mean and nasty, disagreeable and downright unkind.

His take is that this type person generally has lead a small and unsuccessful life, has failed at making any type of meaningful contribution to society. They are most likely near the end of this phase of their lives when they realize this and it turns them into these petty, frightened, mean-spirited people of low-esteem, who have no conscience with regard to their actions.

He went on to say these people are generally angry at their failures, their feelings of shame when looking back on their lives. Being vulgar and unfeeling and taking it out on others helps them forget. It helps them get through their days. How sad.

Hey, leave the GOP target population out of the discussion Smile
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:16 pm
The finger-pointing from the GUILTY is especially illuminating...
0 Replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 09:47 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Sounds as though your dad is a pretty angry guy.

How sad!

Nice seeing you again Frank! We probably don't see eye to eye on anything, but I always love your input.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 07:50 am
cjhsa wrote:
If I were to put a Bush/Cheney sticker on my car or house where I live I risk vandalism. I have friends who moved to Florida out of the blue, most likely so they can cast their vote for Kerry there, rather than here in CA where they aren't needed.

cjhsa - Yesterday morning, I was surprised and delighted to see Bush/Cheney '04 signs in nearly every front yard in my neighborhood. This happened overnight and they're still there Smile

Then, on my drive in to work, I followed a Marine (at least he had a Marine Corps sticker on his back window) with a Bush/Cheney '04 bumper sticker.

Needless to say, I was smiling all day Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:02 am
MichaelAllen wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Sounds as though your dad is a pretty angry guy.

How sad!

Nice seeing you again Frank! We probably don't see eye to eye on anything, but I always love your input.

Good seeing you too, Michael.

Tough election. Lots of strong feelings in both directions.

I love it.
0 Replies