Kerry might most likely win and why I think that

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:17 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Whatever helps you get through your days, BPB.

I don't understand what it is you're saying JW....could you be more specific please?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:19 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
JustWonders wrote:
MichaelAllen - rest easy. For every liberal college-age pinhead, we can produce two "security moms".

Be patient, wait, and see Smile

yes, there is no doubt that fear tactics work.......also no doubt that bullies are disgusting piece of ****....just my opinion....

So I was talking to my dad the other day about how you can have a really great group of people, but there's always one - almost always - who's mean and nasty, disagreeable and downright unkind.

His take is that this type person generally has lead a small and unsuccessful life, has failed at making any type of meaningful contribution to society. They are most likely near the end of this phase of their lives when they realize this and it turns them into these petty, frightened, mean-spirited people of low-esteem, who have no conscience with regard to their actions.

He went on to say these people are generally angry at their failures, their feelings of shame when looking back on their lives. Being vulgar and unfeeling and taking it out on others helps them forget. It helps them get through their days. How sad.

Sounds as though your dad is a pretty angry guy.

How sad!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:27 pm
Frank maybe we should send a Hallmark card...or a fruitcake or something.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:41 pm
to get back to the post, I agree with Michael that we need that kind of push on every election from dog catcher to president....and we should make our children be involved in the political process from an early age. That's the only way we'll ever have a shot at representative government. We made our cubs stay up for the debate the other night and will have them watch all of them. We do not editorialize with them, or we try not to anyway.

On the Kerry winning part I can't agree. It hurts like passing a kidney stone, but I believe bush will be reelected.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:46 pm
Quote:
...and we should make our children be involved in the political process from an early age. That's the only way we'll ever have a shot at representative government.

But not the current political process, Bear. Therein lies the problem.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:48 pm
There's this kid's show called "Zoom" on PBS. I watched it when I was a kid, sozlet watches the new version now. They have this really impressive series of... ads?... with two basic themes (several variations on each theme.) One is a kid whining, pouting, and having a temper tantrum in the background while a calmer kid says, "OK, maybe that's not the best way to get your parents to vote..." and then talks about why it's so important to talk to your parents about voting. The other theme is wasting half of something -- a kid throwing away one expensive sneaker while admiring the remaining one, throwing away half a pizza, dumping out half a glass of milk, etc. -- and then saying "you wouldn't waste ____, but half of Americans waste their vote..."

I just went to the website to see what the wording was (that wasn't quite it, couldn't find it), and found that kids who watched that helped 24297 grownups to register to vote so far. Not too shabby!

Anyway, I love that stuff. Vote, people, vote.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:53 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Quote:
...and we should make our children be involved in the political process from an early age. That's the only way we'll ever have a shot at representative government.

But not the current political process, Bear. Therein lies the problem.

Just by having them watch though they are capable of making some pretty savvy observations which may help in the development of a true political process down the road....children have a pretty well developed bullshit detector I've found......
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 09:12 pm
I believe the neoconservatieves are hopelessly spinning here. Desperation comes in many forms.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 09:31 pm
MichaelAllen - Welcome back. You've been missed.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 11:18 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
to get back to the post, I agree with Michael that we need that kind of push on every election from dog catcher to president....and we should make our children be involved in the political process from an early age. That's the only way we'll ever have a shot at representative government. We made our cubs stay up for the debate the other night and will have them watch all of them. We do not editorialize with them, or we try not to anyway.

On the Kerry winning part I can't agree. It hurts like passing a kidney stone, but I believe bush will be reelected.

John Kerry will win this election!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 11:19 am
Yay confidence!

Keep spreading the word, Frank...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 11:34 am
If Kerry wins I'm going to have to enlarge my TV budget because every time I hear that lultra liberal SOB speak I want to shoot my television.

Honestly, if this country elects this assclown simply because they don't like Bush, then we're in deeper **** that I had hoped.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 11:36 am
cjhsa wrote:
If Kerry wins I'm going to have to enlarge my TV budget because every time I hear that lultra liberal SOB speak I want to shoot my television.

Honestly, if this country elects this assclown simply because they don't like Bush, then we're in deeper **** that I had hoped.

perhaps bush wouldn't be so disliked if he hadn't been the one who buried us in all this ****.......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:10 pm
Tell you what, cjhsa. If Bush wins, I suggest you congraulate him heartily, lend him one of your guns and find out if he can actually hit a television with it. From a nothern perspective, anarchy would be a better solution than the two assclowns running. At least then we wouldn't have to deal with your ass-backwards foreign policy issues. You'll be too busy shooting each other while we fortify the 49th parallel. Beware...we have polar bears here....and Bi-Polar Bears are welcome as kamakaze trainers.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:15 pm
Cav, I'm not a big fan of either, but I despise Kerry and can't fathom why people would vote for such an ultra-lib hypocrite just because they don't like Bush, or are still mad from four years ago.

The Democrats in this country are seething with anger and hostility towards republicans. If I were to put a Bush/Cheney sticker on my car or house where I live I risk vandalism. I have friends who moved to Florida out of the blue, most likely so they can cast their vote for Kerry there, rather than here in CA where they aren't needed.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:18 pm
cjhsa, I'm voting for Kerry 'cause because I think he would do a good job. Better than Bush, yes, that's kind of the point. But not just because I dislike Bush (whom I dislike because I think he's doing a terrible job.)

cavfancier, you really think Kerry and Bush are equally clownish?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:18 pm
Quote:
The Democrats in this country are seething with anger and hostility towards republicans.

It's a direct result of policies designed to divide the country. What did they think was going to happen?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:20 pm
As an outsider, it seems to me it's happening on both sides, cjhsa, and that to me is more frightening than either Bush or Kerry getting elected. It's the complete knee-jerk polarization of the US that is the real problem, and the dirty campaigns on both sides do not help. They only fuel rage.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:21 pm
sozobe, sadly, yes. If forced to choose, I would probably vote Kerry, but I would welcome a viable third party candidate more.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 12:23 pm
Really? We had to put up with eight years of Clinton doing nothing but pleasuring himself. Don't you think some of us already felt a bit divided?
0 Replies