Kerry might most likely win and why I think that

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:21 pm
We have a great push for voter registration. I love that. We have Drew Berrymore, Camaron Diaz, P Diddy and some others touring the country getting people to vote. We have influential pushes from many people, but they all seem to be hitting a certain demographic. Just an observation. If you have money behind you and you can influence a great deal of people, who do you think you would target to get to vote? People who will vote the same as you. It's not a generalized push on all people. It definitely has its agenda. If Kerry wins, take a note. That's the kind of ground roots effort we all should be involved in for every vote.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,514 • Replies: 51
No top replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:26 pm
Ah, yes, Cameron Diaz. I thought it was especially illuminating when she said, "If you want rape to be legal, don't vote." Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

rameses594

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:28 pm
Kerry does have a wide amount of support from the Hollywood group, and that can influence some people. However the deciding factor in any election is how the candidate stands on a variety of different issues. I really can't tell anyone how John Kerry stands on a single issue, he changes his stance everytime he opens his mouth. For instance, on the same day I heard that he would advocate sending more troops to Iraq, later I heard he would start withdrawing troops with in six months of taking office. I don't know what is saying today on that issue, but it is important to have a stance.
0 Replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:32 pm
rameses594 wrote:
I really can't tell anyone how John Kerry stands on a single issue, he changes his stance everytime he opens his mouth. For instance, on the same day I heard that he would advocate sending more troops to Iraq, later I heard he would start withdrawing troops with in six months of taking office. I don't know what is saying today on that issue, but it is important to have a stance.

Well put! But, even though that is said, think about the type of media listeners and college students. MTV for one as a source of media is what I'm talking about. Does anyone disagree that these are highly liberal campus grounds? These are the main target of the push I am observing.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:34 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Ah, yes, Cameron Diaz. I thought it was especially illuminating when she said, "If you want rape to be legal, don't vote." Rolling Eyes

almost as stupd as "If you're not for us you're against us"...everything in black and white....no room for more than one thought in the same brain in this brave new world.......
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:36 pm
MichaelAllen - rest easy. For every liberal college-age pinhead, we can produce two "security moms".

Be patient, wait, and see Smile
0 Replies

rameses594

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:36 pm
Yes it is an up hill battle with the liberal college and media, but the American people are smarter then most politicans give them credit for and they will know the right choice for president.
0 Replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:52 pm
JustWonders wrote:
MichaelAllen - rest easy. For every liberal college-age pinhead, we can produce two "security moms".

I'm patient. My Repubs will come out of the woodwork on the day that counts.
0 Replies

rameses594

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:54 pm
Yes they will. The Democrats are out spoken and you hear more about their side then ours but it is the silent majority of voters that counts.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:54 pm
It's my personal opinion that Oprah has more influence than anybody else in the US on voters.
0 Replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:02 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
It's my personal opinion that Oprah has more influence than anybody else in the US on voters.

I'm thinking maybe. But, Oprah isn't touring the country. She had the "Vote Squad" on one time. But, her voters don't all vote the same way anyway. They just watch her show to get suggestions for how to be more perfect people or what book to read next.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:16 pm
im no celebrity , but my wife and I registered over 200 voters in the time we returned from vacation. There is much anger out there.
"Pinhead liberal" -university types. you are talking about the future leaders of science, medicine, engineering etc. Where the hell do you think engineers come from? Ya wanna pump your own oil?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:20 pm
As I understand it, most scientists are against Bush. Would that be true?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:31 pm
JustWonders wrote:

yes, there is no doubt that fear tactics work.......also no doubt that bullies are disgusting piece of ****....just my opinion....
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 05:47 pm
Kerry IS going to win this election.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 05:51 pm
C I, I can count the number of my own colleagues that are pro Bush, but remember, we are a godless crowd. We "believe" in evolution, DNA, uniformitarianism, heliocentricity, old earth, and isotopes.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 05:56 pm
MichaelAllen, do you honestly think that republicans don't target their own kind when they go out to get people to vote?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:12 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
JustWonders wrote:

yes, there is no doubt that fear tactics work.......also no doubt that bullies are disgusting piece of ****....just my opinion....

So I was talking to my dad the other day about how you can have a really great group of people, but there's always one - almost always - who's mean and nasty, disagreeable and downright unkind.

His take is that this type person generally has lead a small and unsuccessful life, has failed at making any type of meaningful contribution to society. They are most likely near the end of this phase of their lives when they realize this and it turns them into these petty, frightened, mean-spirited people of low-esteem, who have no conscience with regard to their actions.

He went on to say these people are generally angry at their failures, their feelings of shame when looking back on their lives. Being vulgar and unfeeling and taking it out on others helps them forget. It helps them get through their days. How sad.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:14 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
JustWonders wrote:

So I was talking to my dad the other day about how you can have a really great group of people, but there's always one - almost always - who's mean and nasty, disagreeable and downright unkind.

His take is that this type person generally has lead a small and unsuccessful life, has failed at making any type of meaningful contribution to society. They are most likely near the end of this phase of their lives when they realize this and it turns them into these petty, frightened, mean-spirited people of low-esteem, who have no conscience with regard to their actions.

He went on to say these people are generally angry at their failures, their feelings of shame when looking back on their lives. Being vulgar and unfeeling and taking it out on others helps them forget. It helps them get through their days. How sad.

Then you agree that bush is on his way out.......I'm surprised that makes you sad....I considered you one of his staunch supporters....
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:16 pm
Whatever helps you get through your days, BPB.
0 Replies