I will losse him if I don't get help!

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 09:48 am
I'm going thru a very difficult time in my life. I've been in a relationship with this man for approx 9 years. I've always been about communication, something that was very difficult between him and I. I tried to give him clues and have talks with him but he was to preoccupied with his friends, gambling, and everything else. I love this man. Well last year, I finally had it. My mind was telling me one thing but my heart was telling me something else. I told him that I was tired of him not listening to me and putting his needs before our family. I asked him to move out and to to top it all off I was under the suspicion that he was not being loyal. I was ready for a new life...so I thought. When he moved out I wasn't happy but I needed a distraction so I turned to the internet. I started to have conversations with people that I have never met to try and find out how many other people out there had gone thru the same thing; I guess I was looking for someone to sympathize with my situation. I wanted someone to say I understand what you are going thru and have something to talk about. I met this 19/20 year old on line who I had very nice long conversations with. We talked for hours and it seemed right at the beginning, the age was not a big deal because his mentality was that more of a grown 30-40 year old man. I met others and the conversations where great. I knew that most of these men would probably just have one thing in mind; to score whit whom ever they had a chance. Something that I was very well aware of. I'm not going to lie, I was curious to meet one of them and that was the 19/20 year old. At the time my current employer had me in charge of all there marketing and promotions/events. I had to full fill my responsibilities since safety was one of my duties I was called to Ventura co. where one of the people from the event got injured. I left late one Saturday afternoon and I was planning to meet this guys but I never did get a chance to and since I was in the area how much more convenient could that have been. I never met the guy. Well my ex at the time stayed home and watched the children while I went out to supervise the company events. As I was driving home he calls me and tells me that A guy had called my home phone by the name of Is***. I new right away that it was not true, no one had my home phone number, the first thing that came to mind was that he went over my cell phone bill. Anyhow, during this time I was confused I wanted to feel wanted all over again. My ex and I were still going thru a roller coaster and things were getting ugly. Some of the guys that I had met on the net were calling me on my cell and he was extremely jealous of that. Most of the time I denied them because I cared so much for my ex that I did not want him to get hurt. These guys were good to talk to but my interest's did not go beyond that. I was more afraid to have a sexual relationship with one of them an completely loose total feeling for my ex that I still loved even though I made him think other wise. I do admit belittling him, and telling him that I loved him but I was not in love with him at the time. I wanted to be strong because I did not know how he felt and if he was being true. He was persistent for one whole week to forgive him and to take him back but I was so un sure of his true feeling. I wanted to test him out and see how long we would go asking me to take him back. I was looking for that consistency as a clue that he really meant what he said. He offered to be the man that I always wanted him to be, caring and understanding. When I finally gave in and really felt that he could be that person he said he could be, I said yes. A day after I said yes, he changes everything around and tells me that it would never work out and that he lost all feelings for me. He loved me but was not in love with me. I know that I have lied to a certain extent but since he did record one of my conversation with one of my friends I could not deny what I had said. I said it but I did not mean it. It one of those thing when you try to be strong around people and pretend you don't care, well that is what happened in this case. Those words were not meant to be heard by him. I truly regret saying those words. When he confronted me I could not deny it even though I tried. I was shocked, and scared of the consequences. I love this man to death, all I wanted was for him to listen, dedicate more time, and I went about it the wrong way I guess. I said so many things to him I was so perverse that I told him that if we couldn't be a couple we could be BFF (best friends forever) I know I tore him in side and out. I was playing devils advocate for the mere satisfaction. I've never seen him in pain and I wanted to see if he even had a heart because most of the time I was the one crying and sad. Now things have back fired at me and I'm not sure what to do, I love him, I always have and we says he can't trust me because I lied about speaking to those guys. He says I'm a liar, I have deceived him and he can't trust me. I tried to explain all of this to him but to him its all lies. He's turned the roles and he says he doesn't have feeling for me like he used to, he loves me because I'm the mother of his children but nothing more, I asked him for a second chance and he said he would think about it. What do I do in the mean time, Please help, give me some hope. I don't want to loose him, please tell me that this relationship has hope for a new start. I am willing to do whatever it takes to win him back, all I need is an opportunity. Please help me!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,946 • Replies: 32
No top replies

princesspupule

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 11:12 am
Lemme see if I got this right, you are in your 30s, female, gainfully employed as some sort of white collar worker and you wrote this post?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:03 pm
Lottus Flower--

You and your former LTA have accumulated a lot of baggage in the last nine years. He bullies you, gambles and possibly runs around on you.

You threw him out, established online and telephone arrangements with other men, and lied to him about your social life.

When he wants you, you don't want him. When you want him, he doesn't want you.

Both of you are skilled games players. You know how to push each other's buttons and each of you when it somes to down&dirty is willing to hurt the other person.

How many children are involved?

The two of you (the supposed adults) need either counseling for a sustained relationship or a referee for a civilized separation. Each of you is so absorbed in a personal point of view and each of you is missing the total picture--including what would be the best thing for your kids.
0 Replies

bellavu

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:04 pm
IT sounds to me he is playing with your emotions!!!!!
I went through a similar relationship. He did wrong and acted like a dog. And I stood up for myself ,because my love for him was so strong,but my pride was hurt . I thought if I left he would realize what a wonderful woman I was and that he needed me. We also had children,2, and he was messing around. I cried and moped untill the day he wanted to get back together. I thought everything would be great. But what happened next was more thanI had bargained for. He set the lovey dovey stage and then proceeded to drag me through the dirt worse than you could imagine. He was out for vengence because how dare I leave him Dont I know what a great man he was.HE played some of the worst games on me. And when I had finally had enough of the outright disreguard for my feelings It was getiing abusive, because it had now become an issue of him gaining CONTROL over me so that I couldnt leave him. He literally put me in a situation where leaving him would be near impossible. But I was deppresed and desperate I was not even myself anymore. I could barely see out the cloud of drinking and experimenting with drugs.I needed something to dull the pain. Finally I snapped and I wokeup and saw what this was doing to myself and my children. I left but I had no where to go no money to get there and noone to turn to. I went to a battered womens shelter and finally was able to make it home. Mind you it only got physical one time, and it took me only 3 months to wake up. I had only one problem I still loved this man with all my heart. Then I went to school he went to prisonand one day the letters started proclamations of love and even a marriage proposal, HA dont even thinkI would fall for those lines. I'm an inteligent women and I was finally doing good. I was able to drag myself out of the hole. But wait, he persisted for two and a half years and I gave him very little in return I doubted it could work I even said outright "This wont work" but after 2 and 1/2 years of persisting I had had enough of the games we have to play when we are single. He got out and we gave it a shot, theres one thing though that he didnt know I had grown up and had came out of that experience a stronger more knowledgable and more mature person. He I came to realize was still the same I dumped him on his ass where I found him and walked on. Do I still love him? Believe it or not yes very much so but come on now I aint nobody's fool I am just to strong a woman to put up with that. You need to be a strong woman and dont let him manipulate you ( Men can be very good at that) Realize what it is you want out of your relationship and present this to him . You deserve to have whatever it is you want out of a relationship, and if he isnt willing some other man would probably love to.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:23 pm
I agree with Noddy.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:37 pm
difficult to decipher
Hi LottusFlower:

Your post was difficult to read. It was one extremely long rambling paragraph. People, however, tend to write the way they think. Your thoughts are obviously rambling. You need to organize your thoughts and focus clearly on the problem.

LottusFlower wrote:
I'm going thru a very difficult time in my life. I've been in a relationship with this man for approx 9 years. I've always been about communication, something that was very difficult between him and I. I tried to give him clues and have talks with him but he was to preoccupied with his friends, gambling, and everything else. I love this man.

Neither you nor your man are able to engage in effective communication. If you want your man to know what you're thinking or feeling, you tell him. Trying to communicate through clues is totally ineffective. He cannot read your mind. He cannot decipher the clues.

It appears that you were unhappy in your relationship because your man took you [and the children] for granted. He was more interested in spending time elsewhere than with the family. You had a legitimate gripe. It is difficult to maintain a loving, healthy relationship if one of the partners is frequently absent.

Quote:
Well last year, I finally had it. My mind was telling me one thing but my heart was telling me something else. I told him that I was tired of him not listening to me and putting his needs before our family. I asked him to move out and to to top it all off I was under the suspicion that he was not being loyal. I was ready for a new life...so I thought.

Your man was spending so much time away from the family that you suspected that he was cheating. Regardless, either you and the children are a priority in his life--or you're NOT. He made it clear to you that his other interests were more important.

You probably did the right thing when you asked him to move out. You might love him, but if he is NEVER there for you, then you are essentially existing without him and there is NO RELATIONSHIP to save.

Quote:
When he moved out I wasn't happy but I needed a distraction so I turned to the internet. I started to have conversations with people that I have never met to try and find out how many other people out there had gone thru the same thing; I guess I was looking for someone to sympathize with my situation. I wanted someone to say I understand what you are going thru and have something to talk about.

So long as you made a CLEAN BREAK from your man [now, ex-man], there is nothing wrong with moving on with your life and meeting other people. It appears that you were a lonely, neglected, and unhappy woman for many years. You probably have many unresolved feelings and need to talk.

One thing to remember: People you meet on the internet may give you sympathy, but they cannot fix your life. YOU are responsible for fixing your life. Since you need to talk and sort out your feelings, you should probably seek professional counseling.

Quote:
I met this 19/20 year old on line who I had very nice long conversations with. We talked for hours and it seemed right at the beginning, the age was not a big deal because his mentality was that more of a grown 30-40 year old man. I met others and the conversations where great. I knew that most of these men would probably just have one thing in mind; to score whit whom ever they had a chance. Something that I was very well aware of. I'm not going to lie, I was curious to meet one of them and that was the 19/20 year old.

Through the internet, you were finally having contact with people who were paying attention to you. They listened to you, talked to you, empathized with your situation, and gave you a "sympathetic" ear to bend. But, you weren't born yesterday. You're aware that some of the men you're talking to on the internet might be paying attention to you and telling you what you want to hear simply because they have hopes of hooking up with you.

Quote:
At the time my current employer had me in charge of all there marketing and promotions/events. I had to full fill my responsibilities since safety was one of my duties I was called to Ventura co. where one of the people from the event got injured. I left late one Saturday afternoon and I was planning to meet this guys but I never did get a chance to and since I was in the area how much more convenient could that have been. I never met the guy.

You met someone on the internet and you were planning to meet him in person. But, for some reason, your plan never materialized.

Quote:
Well my ex at the time stayed home and watched the children while I went out to supervise the company events. As I was driving home he calls me and tells me that A guy had called my home phone by the name of Is***. I new right away that it was not true, no one had my home phone number, the first thing that came to mind was that he went over my cell phone bill.

You and your ex have children together. Even though you are separated, you both have a duty to care and support the children. Therefore, if you need to go out of town on business, the children's father should be responsible for taking care of the children.

However, your ex should be taking care of the children at HIS HOME---not at your home. It doesn't appear as though you made a clean break with your ex when he "moved out."

Why did your ex think that he had a "right" to snoop through your cell phone bill, etc., to find out who you're talking to or seeing?

Quote:
Anyhow, during this time I was confused I wanted to feel wanted all over again. My ex and I were still going thru a roller coaster and things were getting ugly. Some of the guys that I had met on the net were calling me on my cell and he was extremely jealous of that. Most of the time I denied them because I cared so much for my ex that I did not want him to get hurt. These guys were good to talk to but my interest's did not go beyond that. I was more afraid to have a sexual relationship with one of them an completely loose total feeling for my ex that I still loved even though I made him think other wise. I do admit belittling him, and telling him that I loved him but I was not in love with him at the time. I wanted to be strong because I did not know how he felt and if he was being true.

Even though you asked your man to move out of the house, you were still stringing each other along. You didn't make a clean break. He is not your "ex." You didn't END the relationship. There would be no reason for him to be "jealous" or for you to deny that you were talking to other men IF the two of you had ended your relationship. IF the two of you were no longer together, the fact that you were talking to other men would be NONE OF HIS BUSINESS.

Quote:
He was persistent for one whole week to forgive him and to take him back but I was so un sure of his true feeling. I wanted to test him out and see how long we would go asking me to take him back. I was looking for that consistency as a clue that he really meant what he said. He offered to be the man that I always wanted him to be, caring and understanding. When I finally gave in and really felt that he could be that person he said he could be, I said yes.

Again, you're attempting to communicate through "clues." You will never resolve your problems if you don't engage in effective communication. This man neglected you for years. He put you and the children on the back burner while he did whatever he wanted.

He knew you were unhappy when he chose to spend most of his time with his friends or gambling, but he did it anyway. He had no desire or incentive to change his ways until you asked him to move out. Thereafter, he made a lot of promises to entice you to take him back. BUT, a zebra doesn't change his stripes.

Quote:
A day after I said yes, he changes everything around and tells me that it would never work out and that he lost all feelings for me. He loved me but was not in love with me.

The two of you have a problem. You both want what you can't have, and once you get it--you don't want it anymore.

When he had you and the kids--he didn't want you. Oh sure, he liked that you were at home waiting for him. But, he liked spending time with his other friends and activities more than he liked spending time with you. You were desperate for his attention because you didn't have it.

Once you got his attention, you really didn't want it. (Why would you? His attention is insincere and short-lived.) But he piles on the attention until you agree to take him back--and when he gets you back--he doesn't want you.

The cycle starts all over again.

Quote:
I know that I have lied to a certain extent but since he did record one of my conversation with one of my friends I could not deny what I had said. I said it but I did not mean it. It one of those thing when you try to be strong around people and pretend you don't care, well that is what happened in this case. Those words were not meant to be heard by him. I truly regret saying those words. When he confronted me I could not deny it even though I tried.

HE IS SICK! He snoops through your cell phone bills and now he records your private telephone calls. AND YOU WANT HIM BACK?

Again, the two of you just want what you don't have--and when you get it--you don't want it. If you get this bastard back, what kind of life will you have? He will be recording your calls and monitoring your activities to make sure you're NOT CHEATING while he does whatever he wants and leaves you and your kids home alone. The only time he wants you is when he thinks he can't have you.

You need to END this vicious, unhappy cycle and get this man out of your life once and for all.

Quote:
I was shocked, and scared of the consequences. I love this man to death, all I wanted was for him to listen, dedicate more time, and I went about it the wrong way I guess.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. He will not listen to you; he will not dedicate more time to you; he will not be there for you. The minute you said you would take him back, he decided he didn't want you.

Quote:
He says I'm a liar, I have deceived him and he can't trust me. I tried to explain all of this to him but to him its all lies. He's turned the roles and he says he doesn't have feeling for me like he used to, he loves me because I'm the mother of his children but nothing more, I asked him for a second chance and he said he would think about it.

You're both so busy "turning the roles." He wants you when he can't have you. When he finally gets you back, then he doesn't want you and he calls you an untrustworthy liar. This gives him an excuse to neglect you again. Your turn to chase him and beg for his attention for what? a few more years? How many years are you going to give to this ugliness?

Quote:
What do I do in the mean time, Please help, give me some hope. I don't want to loose him, please tell me that this relationship has hope for a new start. I am willing to do whatever it takes to win him back, all I need is an opportunity. Please help me!!!

Advice: End the relationship once and for all. Get counseling from a professional counselor who can help you to sort through your feelings and to think clearly. So what if you lose him? YOU KNOW you wouldn't want him if you got him back. End this ridiculous cycle or game of "want, don't want, want, don't want" that is controlling your life.
0 Replies

bellavu

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:42 pm
When it comes to relationships, though we dont like to admit it , we are all a game player of sorts. And no one can deny it!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:47 pm
I can and will deny that I'm a player. Never have been and never will be. Games don't belong in relationships.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:54 pm
Exactly!
Noddy24 wrote:
Lottus Flower--

. . . When he wants you, you don't want him. When you want him, he doesn't want you.

Both of you are skilled games players. You know how to push each other's buttons and each of you when it somes to down&dirty is willing to hurt the other person. . . .

Exactly! It appears that we are all seeing the same thing. I hope LottusFlower will see what is happening, get counseling, and put an end to this vicious cycle for her sake and the sake of the children.
0 Replies

LottusFlower

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 01:59 pm
I thank you all for your thoughts. You never really see the big picture unless someone draws it up for you. I sometimes feel that I went thru this for far to long. I just had a converstation with him a few day ago. I want to post his letter and tell me what you think.
0 Replies

LottusFlower

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:05 pm
Nothing to post
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:21 pm
Lottus Flower--

To an outsider, this guy sounds more romantic when he's leaving you than when he's living with you. He scores a B-/C+ on Farewell Letters and a D-/F on daily life.

Quote:
...as long as my kids are well taken care of then I feel like I can do anything or go anywhere my little heart desires.

He's troubled by the way that his kids act....but sees no reason to stick around to raise them?

At least he's truthful. Judging from your post and his letter, your relationship was all about him and the breakup is going to be all about him.

Quote:
All I ask is for you to respect me for my wishes and not hold any grudge against me.

Lottus Flower, this guy is self centered and dangerous. Give up your illusions and Get Out.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 02:42 pm
LotusFlower
I read your man's letter.

LottusFlower wrote:
I can't deny that things have been different for us for a while now. I also can't deny the fact that I haven't been including you as a part of my life anymore.

He NEVER included you in his life.

Quote:
I know you see it and believe me it's not a pleasant feeling for me either. I'm not trying to repay you for what had happened, but it's just a natural to me.

It is NATURAL in his personal make-up to exclude you and the kids from his life.

Quote:
Besides the kids, I want to devote my time in figuring out how I can help other children in third world countries and more specifically my own to start. I've been in contact with a few people and so far the more I find out about things the more I want to execute right away. That's where I found the article for you to read. I don't know what's going to happen to me Linda, as long as my kids are well taken care of then I feel like I can do anything or go anywhere my little heart desires.

Because YOU were always home taking care of "his kids," he felt like he could do anything or go anywhere his little heart desired. He is a hypocrit in many ways. His ambition is to help "children in third world countries" while he neglects his own. He is a self-centered LOSER. He can read tons of articles about doing charity work and dream about being the guy that saves the world because it makes HIM feel good about HIMSELF. Like he said: He only wants to do what his heart desires without any regard for you or his kids (after all---you're at home taking care of his kids and that means he can do whatever his heart desires. His heart desires to ignore you and the kids.)

Quote:
I can't offer you anything right now for my mind is not on you. I don't want to waste anymore of your precious time because I know you have things to accomplish yourself.

He has never offered you anything---his mind has never been on you.

Quote:
Remember the story I told you what happened to girls I used to date in High School? yeah, this is similar because most of my feelings have faded away during your time of confusion. I guess I was more focused on getting disregarded by you and preparing to be on my own than actually trying to get you back. It was a shock to me when you said that you want to work things out and at that time, I don't know what to think because I was already out the door.

He only "thought" he wanted you back when you were going through your "period of confusion." At least he admits that he was already out the door and NEVER REALLY wanted you back after all. It was a SHOCK to him when you said you would take him back---because that's NOT WHAT HE WANTED.

Quote:
I'm not basing our current relationship on sex anymore because I don't see you that way anymore. I wish you would understand when I was trying to explain to you why I want to get intimate with you all the time; it was because I love you and I couldn't find any other way to express but that. I know it made you despise me because of that but I guess that's what makes us two different people.

The entire time you were going through your "period of confusion," he was trying to get you in the sack. Ahhhhh! Nothing more exciting than chasing after the forbidden booty.

Quote:
I never cared for your look but I did managed to find you very sexy though.

WOW. What a JERK. He managed somehow, poor guy, to force himself to have sex with you even though he never cared for the way you looked. And you want him back? He's a LOSER.

Quote:
I wish I can understand what is going on right now and I hope it's not just a phase, but you know I've always talk about helping others right?

Send the loser off to Ethiopia to save the starving kids. Good riddance! (But you know, He's all TALK.)

Quote:
I have lost all faith and trust for you and you know why, I don't need to remind you about it.

Excuse. He wants to place the blame on you. But the thing is, he never wanted you in the first place. He only thought he wanted you when you didn't want him. He got excited about chasing after the forbidden booty that he couldn't have anymore. Once he got it---he was shocked! Yeah right. He didn't want it. What he thinks he wants now is simply to move on with his life and "help other people."

He's a LOSER.

LottusFlower: This man has pathetic, selfish loser written all over him. If he thinks he'll be happier going off to save the world, let him go. At least he's out of your world.
0 Replies

bellavu

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:07 pm
your ex's letter sounds very familiar in that I can see similarities to my own. Be relieved and know that its ok to love someone,but realize you may not be able to work it out. Be strong and take care of yourself first dont go rushing off and getting involved. Nurture yourself, find companionship, thats ok, everyone needs to feel valued and desired.Dont feel guilty about it, if you felt he was being unfaithful, chances are, he probably was. And yet here he is trying to make you carry the guilt.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 03:18 pm
Wow!!! This guy is too much. I read his letter the same way Debra did and I also think he's a big loser. I can't believe he's pawning the responsability of raising the children off on you, but then again, I shouldn't be surprised since the father of my son is a selfish loser as well who always puts himself before his own children.
The only thing I think you should be thinking about now is getting that SOB into court to set up some court ordered child support payments before he decides to run off and provide for other peoples children.
My best to you and your children.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 04:40 pm
YES!
Montana wrote:
The only thing I think you should be thinking about now is getting that SOB into court to set up some court ordered child support payments before he decides to run off and provide for other peoples children.

YES! This man needs a dose of reality. He says, "I don't know what's going to happen to me . . . [but] as long as my kids are well taken care of then I feel like I can do anything or go anywhere my little heart desires." How does he think "his" kids are going to be "well taken care of?" Regardless of where his little heart takes him, he must support his kids.

He needs to put his money where his mouth is. Of course, we know he's all TALK. He says, "Our kids should be our main focus right now and not us anymore." We'll see how long he sings that tune after LottusFlower slaps him with a lawsuit for child support. His true LOSER colors will shine. He'll probably be crying: "How can I follow my heart's desire and save the world and help other people like I've always talked about doing if I have to support my own kids?"
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 05:19 pm
No kidding! And how about him being there for your kids emotionally? The way he's talking, it's as if he's cutting the ties with his children as well as with you. Doesn't he know how devistating it is to children when they are abandoned by one of their parents?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 05:59 pm
I will lose him if I don't get help is the title of the thread.

LotusFlower, do you really want to keep him?

(I'm not convinced that you've got him to keep, but do you want him - especially in light of the comments of the other posters)
0 Replies

LottusFlower

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:02 pm
Pretty shocking letter huh. All I ever wanted out of a relationship was love and understanding. I was never the materialistic type my needs were pretty basic (love). These past several months my life has gone from bad to really bad. Nov. 2003 My relationship went down the toilet, Feb 2004 I was laid off, March 2004 my mother past away, August 24 my father passes away... can this year get any worse.
0 Replies

LottusFlower

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2004 06:09 pm
LottusFlower wrote:
Pretty shocking letter huh. All I ever wanted out of a relationship was love and understanding. I was never the materialistic type my needs were pretty basic (love). These past several months my life has gone from bad to really bad. Nov. 2003 My relationship went down the toilet, Feb 2004 I was laid off, March 2004 my mother past away, August 24 my father passes away... can this year get any worse.
ehbeth
I know that i want him back but after all the information given and the way people pointed out all of the things that I was just to blind to see, I'm not sure...
0 Replies