Fox news apology for lies about Kerry

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 12:37 pm
I've explained. I've also given you links. You apparently aren't listening.

To be clear, the quotes I offered were given immediately before Carl's parody (not after), but they were uttered AFTER Carl started mentioning Kerry's "pedicure." Imagine that. Propagation. And then the presumed "parody" that followed.

So be it.
0 Replies

Coupland

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 01:46 pm
Dookiestix,

It's great that you stick to your opinion, I respect you for that. I agree with you about CBS. I have infact been listening but you have not explained what I've asked of you. Do you think Kerry supporters would believe that he called himself a Metrosexual and Bush a Cowboy? If so, what effect does that have on Kerry's campaign. Answer this question truthfully and then tell me in all seriousness that this was intentional propaganda.

It's hilarious that you liken this to Nazi Germany.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:04 pm
Kerry supporters are smarter (IMO), and if you were to actually research FOX news and see how they play this game, you'd understand that they're trying to dupe the idiots who have already been duped by FOX in the hopes of propagating a rumor. Thank god that this particular stunt completely backfired for them. If they pick up a few undecideds, then that's all the power to them for winning at this sleezy game. THAT could be the immediate effect on Kerry's campaign. Get it?

I've given you several substantive links with a WEALTH of information and examples, with both video AND audio clips, so you can see for yourself (if you dare).

It's pointless to copy and paste everything, as I would imagine you are probably capable of going to another site and actually reading its content.

But I could be wrong.

Personally, I'm just interested in the truth. Why aren't you?

And to be clear, I liken the ENTIRE propaganda campaign to Nazi Germany, not to THIS specific incident, as you've insinuated.
0 Replies

Coupland

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:28 pm
LOL, you are STILL dancing around what I'm asking you. What is this the 5th time? What do you feel that people believing that Kerry called himself a "metrosexual" will do? Why will this effect the Kerry campaign?

If you were honestly interested in the truth you wouldn't be dodging this simple question.

Quote:
And to be clear, I liken the ENTIRE propaganda campaign to Nazi Germany, not to THIS specific incident, as you've insinuated.

I did not insinuate. I did not put a spin on it. You said:

Quote:
What is an OBVIOUS spoof perhaps to you has already been absorbed by the millions of minions who believe every word that FOX tells them, and many of them DON'T GET IT. Get it? That's the point. It's easy to introduce a lie in the guise of news, admonish the messenger (or some lower level pee-on), and then let it fester. There are so many people who don't have the capacity to follow up on the ruse, and will believe the original article.

That's how propaganda works in this country. It's how it worked 60 years ago in Germany. I don't see much of a difference.

When you say "That's how propaganda works in this country." You are referring to all propaganda with a blanket statement. You have said this Fox News thing is without a doubt propaganda. SO, you are infact likening it to Nazi Germany. Maybe you intended all US propaganda but that does not exclude this Fox News instance. Are you telling me you were referring to all US propaganda outside of the Cameron article? Calm down and look at that objectively and you'd see the truth of the matter.

"Personally, I'm just interested in the truth. Why aren't you?"
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 02:40 pm
My, my, my...

I answered your "simple" question a while back. I gave you links. Do you simply choose not to listen or investigate? Rather uncurious, just like Bush.

I'll repeat:

If they pick up a few undecideds, then that's all the power to them for winning at this sleezy game. THAT could be the immediate effect on Kerry's campaign. Get it?

Now, can you explain your grammatically challenged statement?

Quote:
When you say "That's how propaganda works in this country."

And regarding "this:"

Quote:
Do you think Kerry supporters would believe that he called himself a Metrosexual and Bush a Cowboy? If so, what effect does that have on Kerry's campaign. Answer this question truthfully and then tell me in all seriousness that this was intentional propaganda.

It's hilarious that you liken this to Nazi Germany.

As you seem to be gramatically challenged based on my offered quote, it would be safe to assume that any further debate would only frustrate you. As I've offered answers time and again, and you argue that I haven't, it would seem either deniability, the inability to objectively look at the links, or just plain ignorance are currently in play here.

And isn't ALL propaganda exactly that? Propaganda? Both parties do it. Just about EVERYBODY does it. But it is the TYPE of propaganda and the motives behind it that are most revealing.

http://www.outfoxed.com

http://www.mediamatters.org

I'm actually quite calm. You seem to be the one all wound up because of this false assumption that I haven't answered your "simple" question.
0 Replies

Coupland

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 03:35 pm
Haha, dude. Change the period to a coma if the period confuses you. I suppose this would be defensive, change the topic mode then huh? Grammar was all you could come up with? Nice try, bub but you still have not answered the question. Truth is obviously the furthest thing from your intentions.

Quote:
When you say "That's how propaganda works in this country." You are referring to all propaganda with a blanket statement. You have said this Fox News thing is without a doubt propaganda.

Ok. Since that is difficult for you to read. How about this?

When you say "That's how propaganda works in this country." you are referring to all propaganda with a blanket statement. You have said this Fox News thing is without a doubt propaganda.

What the capitalized Y just too much for you to comprehend?

You mistakenly (we'll assume it's an honest mistake) point to a possible result of the Cameron article, as you see it. You say it may swing voters. That is not my essence of my question. Here we go again:

I want to know why you think this will effect votes. I already know you think it will benefit Bush by a few votes. Why, because people will think he's a metrosexual now based on this article?

Oh, I checked out that AWOL thread a bit back. It's funny, you don't sound too pissed about CBS. Let's parody some of your arguments against Bush on that thread.

Quote:
I also wonder why Bush cannot tell us in ANY detail, other than to say he can't remember, what he did in the Guard during the time in question.

Parody: I also wonder why Kerry cannot tell us in ANY detail, if he did or did not get a manicure before the Presidential Debate and call himself a Metrosexual.

Quote:
What does any of that have to do with the fact that George W. Bush cannot explain his time away from the National Guard?

Parody: What does any of that have to do with the fact that Kerry cannot explain his emaculately polished nails?

Quote:
It's because they ARE forgeries, Timberlandko. It is the CONTENT that isn't be refuted.

Parody: It's because they ARE fake quotes, Dookiestix. It is the CONTENT that isn't be refuted.

Quote:
One big difference: Rather APOLOGIZED!!!

Parody: One big difference: Cameron apologized the same day the article was posted!

You're just looking more and more like a hypocrite in your so called quest for truth. You refuse to explain why you think voters would vote based on the metrosexual comment because you know how silly it sounds.

Fox News is no worse than any other news organization, you just don't like what they report. And yes, save the Outfoxed.com link, it's Outfoxed.org btw. But ya notice I didn't attack you because of the oversight? I could have played the democrat role and said I can''t think for myself because you gave me the wrong link. Kinda like what you did about the grammar thing. But, nah.

Welp, that's about all the posting time I have for today. Maybe you can come up with something a little better to side step the issue next time. Wee, grammar!

Later!
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 04:11 pm
Quote:
Haha, dude. Change the period to a coma if the period confuses you.

Then why did you capitalize the next word as well? There is such a thing as a consistent train of thought to offer a cogent opinion.

Your rant is unbelievable and sadly incoherent. I guess you'll ask that question again and again and hear something entirely different. Now you take yet another tangential path, once again revisiting Bush's AWOL issues. Perhaps you would care to cash in on the $50,000 that Texans for Truth are offering so that you can explain to us where Bush was when he was supposed to be working at the behest of our taxpayer dollars.

http://www.texansfortruth.com

What part of "effecting swing voters" boggles your mind? What part of the statement that, despite FOX's acknowledgement of the fake article, that many will still believe it, confuses your ego? Do you really think that every living neoconservative soul in this country heard and read about the apology, and are not duped by the set-up leading up to the parody by the FOX friends?

And as I've corrected myself regarding the Cameron article, how can it then NOT be an honest mistake?

Here's what's not funny; George W. Bush shirking his responsibilities in the National Guard, and then blindly taking us into an unwarranted pre-emptive war by lying to the American people.
0 Replies

Coupland

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:24 pm
Terrilble
There's such a thing as accurate information. Outfoxed.com has nothing to do with your crusade against Fox News. This editting error must mean your argument is sadly incoherent. I felt that I could reason your intended message even it it was illogical at times. Actually, based on your posts I have decided that Fox News should be totally shut down based on the travesty of trying to dupe the American people into believing that Kerry called himself a metrosexual. I, for one, won't stand for it! And that apology just wasn't good enough for me. I think Cameron should have apologized BEFORE the false article was posted so as to give more Americans time to read it.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2004 10:48 pm
Quote:
Outfoxed.com has nothing to do with your crusade against Fox News.

What the hell are you talking about?
0 Replies

Coupland

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 07:13 am
Let me walk you through it...
Ok, since you can't seem to think for yourself I'll go ahead and walk you through the process of determining things you don't understand.

Type www.outfoxed.com into your browser. Hit Enter. Now, read the page displayed. Unless your intention was to have me register for a new domain name, you have been linking the wrong website repeatedly. I believe you are referring to www.outfoxed.org.

In light of your criticisms of my grammar I figured I would point out one of your mistakes. I thought that you might appreciate it since you've been posting the wrong link throughout this whole thread. It may help your case if your providing the correct evidence.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:12 am
It's nice to know you would eventually correct me after your litany of insults. But what does any of that have to do with the aforementioned subject?

Here's a clue: nothing.
0 Replies

Coupland

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 02:30 pm
Exactly my point. Comments about grammar? Relevancy?

Hypocite. Wink
0 Replies