I like a girl who has a girlfriend

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:04 pm
So I've liked this girl since my sophomore year in high school. I'm 24 now. Anyways, we talked briefly back then, but not much because we both had girlfriends. Fast forward to 2016. I came across her facebook profile and added her. She accepted, and we've been chatting for a few days now. I expressed interest in her, but found out she has a girlfriend. She mentioned her girlfriend was annoying, but expressed that she loved her. She wants to hang out with me, but idk what that means. You know I like you, and yet you still wanna hang out? I don't even know if she's the slightest bit interested in me. What should my next move be? I mean I really want a shot with her, but don't want to come off as desperate or anything. What should I do next?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,255 • Replies: 10

Krumple

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:11 pm
@Perneezy91,
Are you desperate?

You like her, hangout dont put pressure on yourself otherwise she might pick up on it. Catch up on your lives, make it fun and if you get a chance slip in the fact you had a crush on her in HS. I would even joke around about it being gone now just to keep it from being awkward. Its fun but pick the right moment. Playful banter is going to mask your "desperation".
ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:11 pm
@Perneezy91,
Perneezy91 wrote:
You know I like you, and yet you still wanna hang out?

they call that being friends

if you're not into a friendship, back away
Perneezy91

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:18 pm
@Krumple,
I'm definitely not desperate. I dont mind being friends at all, but my friends keep putting all these ideas in my head about her. Saying things like, if she mentions anything bad in her relationship, it means shes interested in something else. I know they are trying to help, but i cant take any advice feom these clowns lol. Thano you for your advice.
Perneezy91

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:21 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm cool with the whole friends thing. Especially since I'm in no rush to get into a relationship. Its just a lot of bad advice from nosey friends clouding my mind.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:22 pm
@Perneezy91,
Perneezy91 wrote:
if she mentions anything bad in her relationship, it means shes interested in something else.

nope

it doesn't work like that

at least not with grown-ups
ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:23 pm
@Perneezy91,
So if you're cool being a friend, arrange to go for coffee/gallery opening/whatever. Something casual/fun. Talk, hang out.

If she's available at some time in the future, and you're single then, maybe the friendship will become something else (that does happen sometimes).
0 Replies

Perneezy91

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 03:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Exactly what I thought. I definitely need friends that can give better advice lol.
chai2

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 05:31 pm
@Perneezy91,
Perneezy91 wrote:

Exactly what I thought. I definitely need friends that can give better advice lol.

Actually, you need to trust your own judgement.

Friends can tell you all sorts of things, but you're the one who has to live your life.

Listen to friends, but don't base your decisions on what they say.

Anyway, how would they know that someone means this when they say this? They're just making it up as they go along.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 04:32 pm
This woman is not the same 15 year old you knew then. She wants to meet up with you because you are a familiar face from her past. She also doesn't know much about you, at 24, either.

Just get to know each other for now.

Your friends assumed this is a sexual hookup. Don't meet her with that in mind.

Anything/Everything else can come later, if even then.
0 Replies

-Imani-

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 07:44 am
@Krumple,
Women can be super confusing sometimes when it comes to telling their feelings towards you. In my opinion if you really want a shot, don't just sit back. Go hang out with her. The more time you spend with her, the better it'll help you figure out wether she's into you or she's just being friendly. Good luck !
0 Replies