What's the point?

Sublime

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2003 10:44 pm
Wilso, she may not be the one for you. She can have 20 reasons why she doesn't answer or return your calls, but that may not fit with your picture of how dating should be.

Kudos to you for trying. Most guys prolly wouldn't have tried beyond call #2.
0 Replies

celticclover

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 02:43 pm
I think you could look at it this way...You made an easy escape. Not only did you get the phone brush off, but a big sense of wasting your time to pursue anything with this lady.
If she is like alot of females I know, getting your mobile phone back is a top priority. So that doesnt wash with me.

You got away, if it had gone anywhere it sounds to me like you would of been mucked around, not called and not a priority.
Or, maybe she already has someone, whatever the reason....YOU ESCAPED!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 07:18 pm
Sum of advice from the men thus far: grow a scar.

Sum of advice from the women thus far: communicate, learn, heal, hope.

Throw dog poop on her shoes.

(Yeah, so I stole that one and used it in the wrong context. Sue me.)
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:36 pm
If it were me, after making the first couple of calls and not getting anywhere I would have said forget it.
Maybe next time the best thing is to give her your number. If she calls you, you'll know she's interested, if not well then at least you weren't the one wasting all your time for nothing.
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you break even.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 09:32 pm
Wilso take some time off and come to Colombia. A week in Cali and you'll be too spoiled to ever date an Australian woman again. And you won't need any of that elaborate stategy nonsense. Here you meet a woman you like, you ask her to go dancing. If she has a boyfriend she'll say no if she doesn't then 99% of the time she she'll say yes and you're off and running. If she doesn't like you she won't make excuses or if she does they'll be so transparent you'll know to move on right away. No painfull drawn out guessing games. I'm telling you man!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 01:30 am
Sounds like paradise!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:12 am
and you've got all that vacation time!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:13 am
Yes I have, with plenty of time to plan!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 05:15 am
you won't meet too too many women if you stay inside your house, doing reno projects - unless you head out to the decorating shops.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 07:48 am
Wilso if you look Colombia way there's a slew of marriage agencies most of which are actually on the up and up. Here for fun is a partial listing:

http://www.planet-love.com/latin/
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 05:06 pm
I'm going to give that site a very good looking over.
0 Replies

UnrealDarkAngel

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 12:40 am
Sorrry
Evil or Very Mad She sounds like a self centered BITCH who doesnt know how to tell the truth... u shoulda gave up awhile back...go find someone who really cares and will call u back... Mad Some women are such Ass'z
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 01:07 am
Next vacation. . . . Colombia! Laughing
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 01:19 am
Oh Wilso. The woman doesn't deserve you sweetie. I would jumped for the chance to be with you ;-)

Thrust me Wilso, not all women are like that. I would have never even given you my # if I wasn't interested!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 01:35 am
I really hate these vast oceans. :wink:
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 02:27 am
You and me both sweetie ;-)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 12:27 pm
Wilso

Spend your holiday time fruitfully:

travel.com.au

and book a flight to Canada - or Colombia for that matter - but I'd prefer Canada!
0 Replies