2

Should I tell my crush I like her?

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 10:23 am
I have a crush on a girl I recently started becoming better friends with. Is it acceptable for me to tell her, even if I have no idea whether or not she likes me back? I don't want to weird her out or scare her away, because I like being her friend and I see her around a lot, so it could be awkward.

4  
Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 10:45 am
@gf0rc382,
Well, don't go overboard. And if you started getting closer a week ago, give that a little time, say, a month. Then don't make a big deal out of it. Just go with something like, "Kelly, I was wondering if you'd like something more than friendship between us. Because I really like you." And see what she says.
dalehileman

-1  
Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 11:03 am
@jespah,
Careful there Jes, she might misunderstand

Or better, understand

Sturgis

1  
Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2016 11:41 am
Is this the same girl from the field hockey team you earlier mentioned? www.able2know.org/topic/345399-1#post-6274200

If it's the same one, suggest hanging out one afternoon on the weekend, maybe get a bite to eat. For now, just concentrate on building a friendship, no need to go into romance yet. If it's a different girl, then hold on and just continue developing a friendship, romance can happen much much later if you both feel sparks.

Either way, take it slow.

dnsol2k16

1  
Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 04:51 pm
@gf0rc382,
Yes. Always. Girls are for some reason entitled to make the first moves now adays. Even if she doesn't like you back, she'll definitely be nice about it, and keep treating you the same. Trust me, because that's what she'd want you to do if it was the other way around. It'll make her so happy if you do tell her, she won't get weirded out. She'll be flattered.
ossobucotemp

1  
Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 05:43 pm
@dnsol2k16,
what?

ktooss

1  
Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 08:12 pm
@gf0rc382,
if it were me as the girl I'd definitely be more comfortable with getting to know you first than just being told straight up, (just my opinion) so that even if I didn't know about your crush on me, I'd have a friend to talk to, confide in and trust. Later on if I was told about your feelings (I suppose it would depend on the friendship and whether or not she'd feel the same as you) I think both parties would feel better about the outcome in the end, good or bad. What I'm trying to say is just be there, get to know her, and maybe she'll make it easy for you and eventually come around and if you're confident tell her. Not sure if any of this made sense..