Inapproprite student/teacher relationship

PamO

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 01:01 pm
best wishes then...

when you're older, hopefully you'll look back on this time and really cherish it.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 06:47 am
I am a teacher myself and this situation has one moral issue; it is reprehensible at all times for a teacher to have a romantic relationship with a student. The teacher-student relatioship prohibits romantic/erotic involvement.

Ok, you are consenting adults, so you can go for it and good luck to you, but in that case he can no longer be your teacher if he wants to retain his professional integrity.
0 Replies

mrflibble

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 02:31 am
an update...

Things are very strange, we're officially trying not to be involved, we're trying to just be friends. He says he'll always be there for me and he'll be the best friend I've ever had... but neither of us is letting go. We're texting/talking on phone a lot and kissed/hugged again yesterday... I keep making excuses to hang around him and he does the same, but hopefully it's all going to work out - eight months to go till I leave school Smile he says he loves me and I love him and all is lovely and nice... but we're both trying really hard not to do stuff, there've been lots of opportunities but he's trying to keep his distance and so am I... although this doesn't always work. I know he's not just being a perve... because I can tell how damn hard he's trying not to get too close. He seems to genuinely care about me and goes out of his way to help me, i love him to pieces... and it's driving me mad *but hanging in there*.
0 Replies

mrflibble

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 03:11 pm
an update...

Despite all other intentions, we're still seeing each other. Our relationship's progressed a lot, we're sleeping together, he says he loves me, I love him... We're being very very careful about people at school finding out. The relationship is on/off/on/off all the time (his decisions) because he sees having the relationship as him being weak so in moments of strength he resolves we should stop... it's all very confusing, but we do love each other. Circumstances are crap though.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 03:30 pm
In the end you have no recourse but to hear your own voice...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 04:05 pm
Hmm. I wonder how many other students he has lead on like this then stops seeing them after they graduate?
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 05:35 pm
Yeah, call me old fashion, but this *story* would be better suited for a hollywood drama or a 25 cent romance paperback in a thrift store. This professor sure isn't Jack Nicholson...

I can't imagine a relationship like that actually working. What about your family? What about the fact that he is in a "power position"? The possibility of a post-relationshipo trauma, or that you're being "emotionally manipulated", or something evil like that? Surely I don't know the man, and I'm on a angry mood right now but... c'mon.

You can find someone youre age. Just because youre 19 and it's not illegal (a totally independent thing to being "adult") anymore means that this is appropiate.
0 Replies